Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arrival of Obi-Wan has me appreciating some of the earlier figures, including Anakin...

246229402_bf9a47afae_o.jpg

Looks a little dark, but he is turning to the dark side after all...

Well I'm new to these boards and have been spending a few days looking at all of the great pictures and re-paints people have done. I wasn't even aware of the "water treatment" method on the clothes which is really cool.

After I got my Obi-Wan I realized that Anakin and he are way too close in height. I've noticed some people have switched out the Sideshow body that came with Anakin with a taller and more articulated one. What type of body would most people recommend using?

Thanks
Dave

Hi, Dave! Welcome to the board.

Some people have recommended the Hot Toys new generation life body which should be out soon. I think there are some current bodies on eBay that would work (search for hot toys nude body).

Here are a few shots I took of my newly received figure. I didn't pose him much, that blasted arm is a real buzz-kill. :monkey4 :monkey1 I am not a 12" collector much, but I wanted this to go with Mr. Kenobi.

SideshowAnakin12inFig001.jpg

AnakinProfile.jpg

SideshowAnakin12inFig006.jpg

Not nearly as fun as Obi Wan, but a decent enough toy. Yep the lips are no good, and yep the arm is a real pain. Other than that, I do like the "leather" tunic and the pants. The boots are really nice as well. Fun, but hard to have once you get Obi.

pjam said:
I think this is where this post probably belongs...
Here's a first look anywhere of my Les Walker (Figuremaster Les) Sith Anakin. A quick note: I asked Les to go about 2/3 Sith eyes with this (Anakin Exclusive), not too heavy in the undereye area. I imagine this may reflect Anakin's look as he first appeared with Sith eyes in ROTS. Les shaved the jawline as he did with Gruff's amazing Anakin, kept the eyes looking up and lightened the hair.

DSC021842-1.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks LF!

I'll try to get more/better pics of "Obi V Ani" soon, with a DarkArtist Obi and Les Sith Ani, it just doesn't get much better than that!:D

Les did a great job there pjam...your figure and your pics look great!

281059151_67ddb39f00_o.jpg

Didn't do any re-painting but I'm impressed with Sideshow's job too...

Thanks jb, I wish I had half your photography skills to do this Figuremaster Les Sith Anakin more justice, he is simply so much more amazing in hand... and a shout out to our talented darkartist for his superb Obi repaint! :D

When I have time, they will do battle for all to see!

Last edited:
it's good to have an excuse to bring this thread back to life. I was painting this Anakin cast that I allocated for myself, whilst waiting for some primer to dry on some Obi-Wan casts (I'm still not sure if I like the paintjob... I'll probably tweek some things tomorrow) and I figured I might as well take a few snaps.

The paint was still drying as I took these, so it hasn't been dull-coted or had the eyes glossed, or like I said, if I'm even happy with the paintjob, but it seems like years since I've been waiting to have my new sculpt finally back on my Anakin body and up on the shelf

...my shelf misses my figures when I'm working on them :monkey2 :lol

For those who are waiting I'll send out some pm's in the morning with info

These are flash pics (it's daark here nearly now) so expect them to look bad. But it gives you an idea of what the sculpt looks like.

.....better... hopefully, lol

EDIT: as I don't have an original Jedi Anakin head to compare it to, I'd put it next to a vader head... so ignore the paint, it's just there to show the differences in sculpt

I look forward to some of the other talented repainters getting hold of these at some point, 'cause I want to see what they look like when someone really talented paints them :lol

newpainted2.jpg

newpainted1.jpg

newpainted3.jpg

newpainted4.jpg

newpainted5.jpg

Last edited:
I must say they look fabulous. I think I'd like to get two Anakins, Hunky, to see what your sculpt looks like with Sith Eyes. You've done amazing work here.

And the paint is superb. You're an excellent artist all around. :bow :clap

My Kurgan Lord. I must say that your Anakin custom is THE BEST I have seen anywhere. :bow Way to go Hunky!

Defintely the best Anakin repaint/retool I've seen to date! I'm with the majority here, I love the peice on the forehead, the bangs if you will. I wish I could sculpt air better, that looks sweet!

man.....i'm speechless ..HA made such an improvement on that sculpt.

Back