Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few of my Photoshop Elements pics of Anakin.

df9ba981.jpg

b57cd815.jpg

ba9b5a98.jpg

Some earlier ones are available in my online review here:

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06_9.htm

DarkArtist81 said:
Nice pics Sith Lord!! I love the top two especially. Great work. You are really getting good at this.... :monkey5

Thanks, DA. The bottom one I'm probably going to revisit at some point. It came out too blurry when I was trying to simulate a motion blur. Stupid me didn't save the PSD project with the individual layers though...only the final JPG. It's a bad habit I've got to break. :)

The middle shot is probably the most lifelike one yet though.

I know what you mean about layers. I really like the drop shadow you made on that last pics. Very photo realistic.

The middle pic looks awesome...I was scrolling down the page and I though it was an actual screen shot...very well done!

DekeStarkiller said:
I know what you mean about layers. I really like the drop shadow you made on that last pics. Very photo realistic.

Oh good. I honestly had no idea how real it really looked. I'm a poor judge for that because I know it's artificial. I did try using the original pic's shadow but it just didn't work out right...so I used the clone stamp on a droid's shadow and kept repeating.

Wow that's a cool technique. I usually create a duplicate layer, fill it in black, lower the fill and transparency and skew that layer to flatten it on the ground, then finally blur that layer slightly. Whew! :monkey5

DekeStarkiller said:
Wow that's a cool technique. I usually create a duplicate layer, fill it in black, lower the fill and transparency and skew that layer to flatten it on the ground, then finally blur that layer slightly. Whew! :monkey5

Yeah my first thought was the transparency layer. I didn't think of skewing though. But for some reason, it wasn't working right. I must've done something wrong, but I figure I'll work it out the next time I have to do shadows.

I also find that using shadowy areas that occur "naturally" in the background image can help conceal some shortcomings. Also, getting a piece of an object IN FRONT OF the added element really helps (notice the battle droid leg overlapping Anakin's leg?). Blurring the edges of the figure helps as well because there's no crisp line smacking you in the face.

Huzzah! I just got word that my Anakin finally arrived at home... Will have pics up later... Now should I go home early?

Finally got my Anakin and here are the pics!
AnakinRUs.jpg

FirstVictim.jpg

MasterAprentice.jpg

After I took my final shot next to Elvis his arm finally plopped off. :emperor

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Very, very cool! That's the SDCC Vader right?

Sorry, it's not (is that version released yet?). This is my own non-exclusive figure that I photographed. I didn't intend to add Sith eyes, but then I found a Mustafar background. It was fun to see if I could pull the effect off in Photoshop!

fig_anakin_detail.jpg

Last edited:
Super Poseable said:
Sorry, it's not (is that version released yet?). This is my own non-exclusive figure that I photographed. I didn't intend to add Sith eyes, but then I found a Mustafar background. It was fun to see if I could pull the effect off in Photoshop!

fig_anakin_detail.jpg

No it hasn't been released yet. But that pose looked similar to one I'd seen of Vader, so I thought you used that pic.

I hear you on the Photoshop Sith Eyes. I had the same curiosity and did it myself. It's still an evolving technique for me.

Back