Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot guys, I'm just waiting for the matt clear coat to dry then I can gloss the eyes... and FINALLY get the figure back together. yay!

It's funny, as I was painting this, it was clear to me that I had managed to do a 'neater' paint job than my previous attempt (mixture of getting better, and using white primer instead of grey... needed less paint). But regardless of being a technically superior job, for me it just didn't 'look' like Hayden. Right up until near the end.

All it took was the dry brushing of blusher/tan colouring on the cheeks... his scar, and a finishing detail on the lips... and *bam!* .... it WAS Hayden.

I was so sure that I'd have to wait until somebody else painted it to see how good it could look, lol. I was all ready to accept that it looked less like Hayden than my previous attempt... but would still be good enough for me.

But luckily for me i love it! yay me! lol

As for the people who had already been in touch in pm, I'll be sending messages out in the next hour or so with an update.

Customikey said:
I must say they look fabulous. I think I'd like to get two Anakins, Hunky, to see what your sculpt looks like with Sith Eyes. You've done amazing work here.

And the paint is superb. You're an excellent artist all around. :bow :clap

Mikey, you're on the list my friend. I'm going to do a Sith version too (well i did buy both Anakins... would be a shame not to use the sculpt on both) but I suspect you or someone else will get to do it before me. I have too much on my plate for now, but I really look forward to seeing yours. :bow

pixletwin said:
My Kurgan Lord. I must say that your Anakin custom is THE BEST I have seen anywhere. :bow Way to go Hunky!

Thank you kind sir, you're too kind.

Wor-Gar said:
That really does look like Hayden. Awesome job!

Love that little piece of hair in front too.

Thanks Wor. Yeah I wanted the hair to be slightly more messy than how it came originally, because I knew some people (and myself) will be painting these as Sith versions, so I wanted it to be able to pass for 'calm Jedi' and also 'fighting Sith' Anakins.

carbo-fation said:
That looks amazing Hunky! I can't wait to see your repaint of Legolas when you finally get him!:chew :chew

Legolas?? Blimey give me a rest.... I still have these Ani's and Obi's to do... and a Qui-Gon to resculpt, and some small Trek resculpts.. and a Stargate into a MacGuver figure... and... and.....

Legolas is WAY down the list so far.

but yeah.... you can bet I'll be repainting him (if he needs it... of course) ;)

Xander said:
Defintely the best Anakin repaint/retool I've seen to date! I'm with the majority here, I love the peice on the forehead

you're all being way too kind here... I wouldn't say it was that good. Let's wait and see how some others paint it... that I'm looking forward too!

Memnoch21 said:
Darren when you send out those PMs, drop me one as well. Amazing work.

will do sir...and thanks :)

can't wait till tomorrow when I can put the figure back together and see how it all looks back on the shelf. Better than my previous one I'm hoping after all this bloody work :lol

Just posted this in my gallery thread, here's a copy and paste...

woohoo, finally got this back together again. It hasn't been 'futzed' with properly yet, I may do some stitching on the costume, and I havent glued the head on or glossed the eyes, but for now... it's just great to have my Anakin figure back on my shelf. I've missed the fella. It was one of those moments that made all tke work worthwhile.... just looking at it put together again.

The first few of these should be going out today or tomorrow (for those waiting), otherwise, here's a few snaps (some are quite close so may look distorted)

can't WAIT to have Obi-Wan standing next to him now!!

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

That is so cool Hunky!!! I love the work you did on the hair. Great sculpting, and the paint job was very wel executed too!

That IS Hayden! I also love the extra little whisp of hair across his forehead.

Sideshow, get this man in your Think Tank!!!!!

hunky_artist said:
Just posted this in my gallery thread, here's a copy and paste...

can't WAIT to have Obi-Wan standing next to him now!!

finished2.jpg

[

finished5.jpg

Incredible sir, just incredible! You have truly captured Hayden's essence in your work. I'm looking forward to some of your pics of Obi-Wan with him as well...
Bravo!

now if the headsculpt looked like that normally, I would not have sold the clothes and blew up the base body....

GREATTTTTTTTTT JOB HA!

Thanks fellas. Thankyouthankyouthankyou :bow ...and Captain, I'm not sure it's that good, but I am more pleased with this figure than I was with my Aragorn... which was a lot!

As far as I can tell I'm still getting better... which makes me happy (well this IS only my third ever repaint, lol, so I think I'm doing alright so far)

And Mikey..... I CANNOT wait for you to paint this sculpt. I know exactly how you'll do it, and how you'll make it look (I studied your work amongst others when I first picked up brushes to paint a 12" figure) and I can't wait to see it.

Your orders, Sir, are to do a better paintjob than my one is. I want to see how this sculpt can REALLY look.

Remember this?

Anakin-refined.jpg

That image was made with a computer (sorry, I forget who made it).

I would swear that was Hunky's Anakin.
finished5.jpg

Mad props for your originality and awesome repaint Darren! can't wait to see obi one.

Just working on photographing 12" figs and took a new pic of anakin.

nanakin.jpg

Very nice Magnuz.....nice n' moody.

I like the new Sideshow ones of Darth Vader too...

Here's another "moody" one from me...

370536375_edd2a60040.jpg

Back