Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Important Note:

Michael Crawford's Anakin Review with tons of pics scheduled for today.

Stay tuned

lipstick.jpg

I am curious to see his pictures.

pjam said:
Important Note:

Stay tuned

Excellent. THAT I look forward to reading, and seeing pics. If someone could post a link when its live that would be awesome. Thanks for the info pjam.

Darth Rage said:
Excellent. THAT I look forward to reading, and seeing pics. If someone could post a link when its live that would be awesome. Thanks for the info pjam.

Well, he said he would but he didn't. When he does, he'll post it on SSF.

Mikey is considering lightening the hair too or so I've heard tell. If he does I would love to see pics...:monkey5

Well I checked out the tips on that site, ordereed some paint and a tiny little brush and I'll keep you updated. Man I hope I dont F this up....

Darth Rage said:
Well I checked out the tips on that site, ordereed some paint and a tiny little brush and I'll keep you updated. Man I hope I dont F this up....

Good luck man...I'am to scared to even try!

pjam said:
Important Note:

Stay tuned

I was hoping it would be posted yesterday, but alas it was a Sigma Six figure instead... my guess is a lot of work and care will go into the interview. Or he chucked the figure out a window because the arm kept popping off :lol

Okay, so I repainted my Anakin to make the eyebrows thinner and the lips a more natural pink instead of the melted chocolate color. It came out very well. However, the paint I used is a tad too glossy. Any suggestions on how I can "matte" it a bit so I can better blend it with the rest of the head?

Once that's done, I'll share some pics here. Actually, I'm so happy with how this has turned out (so far) that I'm now considering lightening the hair a bit.

hairlesswookiee said:
im with you.. i might have to enlist mikey to do this job for me. with my art skills anakin will end up looking like some retarded kabuki warrior.

Kind of looks like that now. :lol

Anyone at Sideshow, what paint colors did you use on the prototype? I would love to emulate that paint app. A work of art indeed.

I hate to say this - and I love Sideshow, but the paint job on Anakin really upsets me the more I think about it - there needs to be a better 'checks & balances' system in place to prevent botched factory mistakes.

IrishJedi said:
Okay, so I repainted my Anakin to make the eyebrows thinner and the lips a more natural pink instead of the melted chocolate color. It came out very well. However, the paint I used is a tad too glossy. Any suggestions on how I can "matte" it a bit so I can better blend it with the rest of the head?

Once that's done, I'll share some pics here. Actually, I'm so happy with how this has turned out (so far) that I'm now considering lightening the hair a bit.

A very light coat of clear matte acrylixc sealer would work, but that would also dull the eyes. A good cheap option is to mix some Elmer's glue with a little water and lightly brush it over the glossy parts. It'll dry clear and dull. Just don't get it wet afterwards, or the glue will revive and become sticky.
Modelmaker also makes matte acryl which works just like clear paint.

Customikey said:
A very light coat of clear matte acrylixc sealer would work, but that would also dull the eyes. A good cheap option is to mix some Elmer's glue with a little water and lightly brush it over the glossy parts. It'll dry clear and dull. Just don't get it wet afterwards, or the glue will revive and become sticky.
Modelmaker also makes matte acryl which works just like clear paint.

Awesome. Thanks!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Anakin's arm has never fallen off. It fits in just fine. My Anakin's lips aren't too bad in person either. They are not too bad at all until compared with Luke, then it is obvious something is wrong, but not too bad. I guess I'd be more of the ***1/2 people.

Great review as always Michael! I didn't see it (but might have missed it) but I think a link to the tutorial about getting the glove and sleeve right would be nice to add.

Buttmunch said:
Great review as always Michael! I didn't see it (but might have missed it) but I think a link to the tutorial about getting the glove and sleeve right would be nice to add.

The complication with doing that is Dave at Rebelscum hasn't posted his full tutorial yet. So the only place those instructions/pictures exist is buried within forum threads. It's not so easy to link to them. That's why I didn't bother linking to it in my review over at yodasnews.com

A very fair review by Michael, good pics as well.
I got my Anakin last Friday, and I'm pretty happy, although the sculpt itself is bothering me more than I thought, I just can't see Hayden Christensen there...
It's a very cool figure though, falling arm and puckered lips and everything.

Back