Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to get my Bruce Wayne and Superman head painted by josh too.. but I'm freaken broke!! saving up for SDCC!!

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

with different lights
Picture032.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Amazing how just paint can change the emotion of the same sculpt, it's obviously limited, but still powerful. That's like the 3rd or 4th DA Anakin paint I've seen and they've all had different paint jobs and different emotion.

Thanks Venny. I had to send my last reg. Anakin head to josh to be repainted. It sucks being broke. :(

MaulFan said:
Amazing how just paint can change the emotion of the same sculpt, it's obviously limited, but still powerful. That's like the 3rd or 4th DA Anakin paint I've seen and they've all had different paint jobs and different emotion.

thats the exact emotion I wanted.. limited but still powerful... like not exactly sith yet but "getting there."

Ya, yours deffinately has that "I know there are things they're not telling me about The Force" frustrated look, with a hint of "**** em all!" badness finely woven into the paint, a very nice emotion on it for sure.

MaulFan said:

Thanks guys!! And NICE pics Venny.... love the cloak work.

Yeah, it's great how much you can squeeze out of one headsculpt. I love painting that one, it never gets old to me. And every single time I am surprised by the outcome.

Well since this threads active again i'll throw in a new pic of my first (and still one of my favorite) sideshow figs.

anakinlit.jpg

It's nice to see the SS star wars figs. pic threads are being kept alive :) Never get tired of looking at the pictures being posted. Great looking anakin magnus!

Thank you for the compliments everyone!! It's been over a week now since I had the opportunity to touch a paint brush. Hopefully tomorrow night I will finally get a chance again...if the planets align right. ;) I will repaint Anakin for the second time.

Magnuz, how did you achieve the tucked in the glove look? Is that from the Rebelscum tutorial?

Ok...so it happened Saturday night. :D

I hadn't touched a paint brush in two weeks since my last pics. I ended up stripping down the paint and starting over. Funny, though, how my paint style didn't change much. :lol But it's the emotion that I'm going after--a calm, confident Anakin with a hint of potential anger.

There are plenty of flaws in my paint. For example, it wasn't until I took pictures that I noticed his eyes are two different colors, even though I used the same blend of paint and same paint brush. :rotfl But I think I'm improving and can't wait to try again. What do you guys think?

Take 2:

img9305600sq6.jpg

img9322600fn9.jpg

img9312600pp9.jpg

img9272600oy6.jpg

img9279800gb9.jpg

img9284600ih5.jpg

img9317600kx9.jpg

I will retouch him tomorrow, (hairline, eyes, lips) and post updated pics.

Last edited:
Thank you guys! I appreciate all comments, both positive AND negative! I haven't retouched him yet, but here's a pic with natural sunlight:

img9335600sn1.jpg

Last edited:
Still one of my favorite figure! Even though the head on mine sucks. I think he was the second Star Wars one I got and I debated over it for a while! I think the rubber band trick on the arm make a world of difference.

It is a nice job.

Anakin is one of my top faves. Something about the figure just grabs it for me.

Back