Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
Andy Bergholtz did a phenomenal original Anakin sculpt, it would surely be unfortunate if this was the third of his sculpts that have now met their fate with Quality Control issues in a land far, far away...

Let's hope it's not the case because this is truly a great figure SSC is putting out.

Yeah, that is exactly what I am feeling... That sculpt is awesome and I hope that it looks just as good, if not better, than Luke when he is on the shelf.

If not...I will have to test my painting skills... or call Mikey.. :D

No offense taken! My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek when I posted that, actually. I was thinking of an episode of News Radio where Phil Hartman's radio anchorman was called "adequate" in a review:

Dave: "Bill McNeil is ...adequate... I'm sorry Bill."

Bill: "Sorry? Sorry that you weren't singled out and deemed adequate?"

"...After all adequacy is the hallmark of great journalism."

"What is adequate journalism if not great journalism?"

"We'll finish this later, after I fulfill my duties with my customary adequaucivity."

"It's one thing, of course, to know you're adequate, but, to have a fellow member of the press stand up and say 'Yes, you sir are adequate,' Let me tell you it is a very special feeling."

"...Ok, look, you think I don't know adequate sucks?"

How many times are we going to drive this bus around the block? Can't we wait until this is in hand before we break out the torches and pitchforks?

Batty said:
How many times are we going to drive this bus around the block? Can't we wait until this is in hand before we break out the torches and pitchforks?

Its a little late for that. The papers have been filed, orders issued, and the Mob has been released. :taz :taz :taz :ccheerlea

Batty said:

transport014.gif

Batty said:

It's all PRE-GAME, baby. Just one BIG Tailgating party and the lot is full, the sun is shining and the grills are fired up! Hey, can someone please pass me one of those bratwursts and some stadium sauce! Yumyumyumyum...

I just don't understand why SST keeps doing those heavy handed paint apps. Even in their better figures the paint app is kinda theatrical compared to what other companies (DML springs to mind) achieve with their sculpts/paint apps.

tomandshell said:
It's the deep breath before the plunge.

The board is set. The pieces are moving. We come to it at last...

The great battle of our time.

I hope you're not saying its a "fool's hope" that Anakin turns out OK? :monkey1

Tom, first and foremost, that is one of the best Newsradio quotes ever. Bless Phil Hartman where ever he may be. I will wait to see Anakin up close and in hand before passing judgment, and even then I will probably be pretty happy based on these pics.

was that the bus Batty was referring to, or was it the Waaaaambulance!

Does this kind of "pre-game" stuff happen everytime a new figure is about to come out? I won't be seeing my first one until June, so I'm new to this. :lol :D

The biggest issue I have with the hair is the lack of texture detail found in the ToyFair version. The various hues of texture, bring out a more natural look. The HK photos show a darker flat tone that really dulls the entire sculpt and doesn't balance well with the skin color.

This is a real shame, because who ever sculpted the hair piece did a fabulous job.

but.................we ....................really......................can't...........judge..............him................until...............he................is..................in.................our.....................hands.....................now.....................can.............................we?

Not to mention the picture quality so far has looked like crap.

Back