Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one in HK Toys shop friday!
also don't know why HK come out early!
haven't think about it any more, just buy it on hand ASPA!!!

This came from the Star Wars Chinese Forum and was posted by Roy Starkiller about the Sideshow Anakin. He apparently posted it for us folks over at Rebelscum.com:

"Hello! Folks from Rebelscum forum,

As keeping their promise as mentioned in the Sideshow Radio on last December, this figure of Ani did make a nice good job with taller in height compare with the Luke Jedi.

However, some product shows that the painting on the mouth of Ani is a bit samller in scale, which make Ani a bit sissy. Moreover, the factory did a quite lousy job by paintting the eyebrow of Ani not according to the outline of the sculpted mold of eyebrow, which show a thickening eyebrow that didn't look like Hayden's own.

With both of the exchangable elbow joint of Ani's arms, Sideshow didn't make a nice ball shape joint like those on Luke Jedi's exchangeable hands, which make both of the heavily exchangable arms being easily slip off.

Facing with the facts of the above mentioned defects, both moderators qqb and Brucepan in my forum did a splendid job by refining the finished product with detailed photos of comparsion and notes on process of refinning works.

To the rest...Sideshow did a splendid jobs on this figure with highly detailed accessories and correct tune of colour on fabric.

A must buy item!"

---->Very interesting huh??? And now, Your thoughts???:huh

Last edited:
tomandshell said:
The difference in quality between the two pictures is obvious. However, I really don't think you can honestly say that a better camera or picture is going to make the first Anakin come out somehow looking exactly like the second.

I don't have the figure yet, but I can honestly say that the possibility of disparity with pictures of the same figure can be huge, even with the exact same camera. I can say this because:

hebo6kp.jpg

hellboy18bo.jpg

Same camera. Same figure(except the coat). Same photographer(me). The difference? Six months of experience and more importantly: Lighting. The first was done with a flash, the second with 2 150 watt natural light lightbulbs(which isn't even that great a lighting setup).

These photo threads are deceptive enough even without bad lighting. Most of the photos are the equivalent of putting the figure 2 inches from your eyeball. You do that with any mass-produced item and you'll be able to spot the flaws. The eye doesn't work like a camera. It takes a great deal of effort and thought with a camera to even approximate what will appear to the naked eye.

Also wanted to add....Great job QQB at customizing your Anakin figure!!! It rocks!!!:rock

As I posted over on RS. Compare the production Anakin to the Sith Anakin (quicktime turnaround at the Sideshow website) and you can see they're pretty much the same except for the eyes and some weathering. Oooooo, 69th post. :monkey1

As I posted over at RS...Yeah, you are right. They do look the same. I think the figure will be quite good myself. I'm looking forward to receiving it in the next week or so :cool:

JonZ said:
However, some product shows that the painting on the mouth of Ani is a bit samller in scale, which make Ani a bit sissy.

Nice! Looks like it means the same thing over there as it does over here. The eyeliner also makes him look a bit sissy.

JonZ said:
Moreover, the factory did a quite lousy job by paintting the eyebrow of Ani not according to the outline of the sculpted mold of eyebrow, which show a thickening eyebrow that didn't look like Hayden's own.

This is also obvious from looking at the photos. It seems these issues exist in spite of bad photography.

JonZ said:
With both of the exchangable elbow joint of Ani's arms, Sideshow didn't make a nice ball shape joint like those on Luke Jedi's exchangeable hands, which make both of the heavily exchangable arms being easily slip off.

This is dissappointing. To me that is enough to send the figure back, unless you can fix it somehow.

Thanks for posting this.

rainman said:
This is dissappointing. To me that is enough to send the figure back, unless you can fix it somehow.

Thanks for posting this.

No problem...I'm hoping that the actual Anakin figure we will receive in the next week or so will look like the SDCC Sith Anakin's 360 degree turn around (found on the Attendee pre-order page). I think it will since it doesn't say anything about it being a prototype and the figure also looks alot like the images we have seen from the Chinese forums in the last few days (minus the first picture we saw). I think we will be happy with him, but we will just have to wait and see what arrives in the mail...

Last edited:
If the paint job is a little dodgy I would think Sideshow will get it put right for the SDCC Vader which will be fine by me as I'm not getting the regular Anakin.

Does "fall off easy" mean the same as with Luke where they can easily pop out when moving them around or that it'll just be sitting on the shelf and *plunk* off it goes?

Well, looks like an early verdict is in:
Anakin will be most like the Sith Anakin in Turnaround.

Is everyone happy with that?

Besides the hair, lips and eyebrows (and hopefully fully functional interchangeable arm joints) I am ok with it but I will most likely have the head paint apps corrected as others have. But will wait until I see him in hand.

Last edited:
From Dave Myatt at RS:

Ugh.

I went away for the weekend and all hell breaks loose....

Before all y'all do something foolish like cancell your orders, check out these fresh-out-of-the-box shots. Do note that I just took this figure out of the box and did nothing but futz around with the tunic and put him on a blank stand. These shots are very quick and dirty, but we'll have it in the Photo Archive by week's end.

Fact: Yes the eyes do have a red lining and the lips are a bold colour, but in person, this figure looks amazing! Any judging should be held back until I can properly light the figure...

0007328.jpg

If that's what we're getting, overall looks great but I'll still repaint the lips and hair (sub par paint apps IMO, visible mold seam), eyebrows seem okay, outfit and accessories I'm sure will be great so no worries there.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Looking much better. Seems like the lips might be the only thing that might bug people. The coloring in the eyes and hair look better on this one.

But check out the seam that runs across his scalp!

:rotfl

Back