Any Word on Hot Toys and Robocop for end of 2011?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robot

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello

I did read that Hot Toys will release some Robocop figures in late 2011, any idea which figure these might be?

Any rumors from Comic-Con?

Thanks, Tony.

not yet, just the crappy new Neca robocop figure.
I can't wait to see what HT hold in store :)

Where did you read that?

I found this image from the Licensing International Expo. The push is due to the remake but it also looks like original-style merch will be produced until they're ready to unveil the new designs.

19810-550x-header.jpg

It does say new figures, so Hot Toys did everything they could with Robocop and ED 209, so it has to be other Characters like Cain or ???

With all the Iron Man stuff they have done, Cain would be a pieces of cake by now for them!:hi5:

Just wondering if anyone at Comic-Con got any of the people to spit out new info??

Hot Toys hasnt given us a BD Robo and with what they are doing with Ironman I exspect a Robo with switch BD parts form ether the first or second movies end... IMO

They wouldn't make more Robocop figures and not include Robocop himself in the line-up. So, no it wouldn't be just 'new characters'. Chances are it actually wouldn't include any new characters at all. Robocop and ED-209 have always been where its at for that franchise.

You'd see a new clean Robocop with greater accuracy overall, better proportions, better joints and better facial detail. You'd see a battledamaged Robocop surely, ideally with Peter Weller likeness. And maybe they'd reissue or make a new ED-209 but I kinda doubt it.

I sold my old Robocop and ED-209 long ago and really regretted it. This news makes me pretty happy.

They wouldn't make more Robocop figures and not include Robocop himself in the line-up. So, no it wouldn't be just 'new characters'. Chances are it actually wouldn't include any new characters at all. Robocop and ED-209 have always been where its at for that franchise.

You'd see a new clean Robocop with greater accuracy overall, better proportions, better joints and better facial detail. You'd see a battledamaged Robocop surely, ideally with Peter Weller likeness. And maybe they'd reissue or make a new ED-209 but I kinda doubt it.

ED-209 made an appearance in Robocop 3 mind you. there is still HOPE.:yess:
the one they made was from part 1. (batman OC anyone?)haha
:lol

ED-209 made an appearance in Robocop 3 mind you. there is still HOPE.:yess:
the one they made was from part 1. (batman OC anyone?)haha
Now that you mention it, assuming the faceplate isn't removable, Robocop could have multiple mouths a la the new Batman. Hell, you could just have completely removable faces even if you do have the removable faceplate part. Talking Robocop, straight-faced Robocop, and. . .uh, happy Robocop :lol

Now that you mention it, assuming the faceplate isn't removable, Robocop could have multiple mouths a la the new Batman. Hell, you could just have completely removable faces even if you do have the removable faceplate part. Talking Robocop, straight-faced Robocop, and. . .uh, happy Robocop :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6-4MgBb5k"]‪RoboCop 2 - "Isn't this a school day?"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

write that down HT. :lecture

Back