Any Word on Hot Toys and Robocop for end of 2011?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh please let this be true.

I missed out on these originally & would love to get in this time.

There was actually an ED-209 for sale in my local model shop about a year ago for £150 & I didn't realise at the time what it was or how important the piece was (wasn't really aware of the excistence of HT back then) so I'm gutted I missed out there :(

Neil

they did say they'd redo one of their very early licenses in one of those ask.jp articles. i guess it wasn't rocky or rambo after all, but robocop.

Damn this is exciting news if it turns out to be true. Robocop is one of my favorite films and missed the the first releases since I didn't start collecting until a couple years ago. Hope they do a Clean/BD with interchangeable parts and sweet looking base. With what they've don't with the Ironman line, this should be an awesome release. Just hope it's true.

I still have my original but would bite for an updated one. Would especially love to see a BD Robocop 1 from the steelmill scene at the end! :yess:

Given what they're doing with Iron Man now any Robocop figure made at today's standards would probably beat the old one in ways we don't even realise needed improving. I'd be thrilled if this turns out to be real.

(neca thread)
Some great info on upcoming Robo here:

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/SDCC11_Editorial_Rundown_The_NECA_Booth_139981.asp

A quick look over Terminator items you should be familiar with from February’s Toy Fair and the pegs at your nearby Toys “R” Us led us to the cyborg you are really interested in…ROBOCOP!! NECA is planning a few different versions of your favorite police cyborg for next year’s anniversary of the film, but for now, we get the “basic” model with an additional interface spike arm. Upcoming versions include Robo with his faceplate removed revealing Peter Weller’s likeness and a battle damaged version from the end of the first film when he fights ED-209. SPEAKING of ED…will we get one to fight Robocop?! NECA would love to do this, but currently, the costs on something so large are far too high. Never fear…if there is a way to make it work, NECA will find it. These are the guys who brought us a giant Balrog and huge Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, aren’t they? For now the plan is just the 3 Robos, but we had to press further and ask about additional characters from the film series. Again, this is something NECA has thought about, but their license does not include Clarence Boddicker and his small army of unforgettable, blood thirsty henchmen. This is also why we’ve only gotten the Predator and no Arnold to play with from that film. Every license is different and very specific as to what you can use from the films.

So the bad news is no ED on the horizon, but luckily it's still possible to show up in the future. I'm most excited about the Battle Damaged Robo from the end of the first movie. I don't believe we've ever gotten a figure of him looking like that! If done well, it could be really awesome! Til then, I'll have my Figma Robo to tide me over...should be arriving by the end of the month!

Okay, so NECA have the license to do Peter Weller likeness. So it looks like Weller's likeness is indeed obtainable, not sure if thats news or not.. all I know is the inevitable re-release of the Hot Toys Robocop is going to be amazing.. and they have enough to make it a DX

Also I beleive the news of the "2011" figure to be real. IMO what would have happened is Hot Toys made a deal with MGM to get the license, and MGM disclosed the information that there was upcomming Hot Toys Robocop merchandise (on the brochure/"flyer" along with the rest of the merchandise) to advertise for their property (Robocop). When Hot Toys decide to act on it and release it is another matter.. but it wasn't a leak per-say (no info on the actual fig/s), just MGM advertising and announcing what's on the horizon

Last edited:
Who-ho! Look what the guys from Plastic Enemies posted!

6a853733jw1dk7ohaezd0j.jpg

6a853733jw1dk7ogz4843j.jpg

6a853733jw1dk7of4upk1j.jpg

6a853733jw1dk7oi1t8zpj.jpg

So back in March i started a thread about getting a Robocop Dx, it was shut down because is was deemed a wishlist. I say HA!

Anyway here was what i wanted from a new Robocop figure...

"Given the advances they have made with armours in the Iron Man line an updated DX Robocop seems overdue.

I would want...

1x Head sculpt
2x faces of alternate expressions of Alex Murphy
1x clean helmet
1x battle damaged helmet
1x gun holding hand
1x fist hand
1x fist hand with hole between knuckles
1x metal computer interface port 'spike' to magnetically slot into fist hole
2x hands with individual finger articulation
1x Beretta Auto-9 pistol
1x Barett 50.cal Rifle
2x chest armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x thigh armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x bicep armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x forearm armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x upper back armour pieces (clean/damaged)
1x damaged arm (nothing below elbow)
1x OCP Robocop chair or diorama stand & backdrop
1x standard Hot Toys stand with Robocop nameplate

FEATURES:

Interchangable faces
Interchangable hands
Interchangable armour piece for variations of clean and battle-damaged poses
Opening compartment & mechanism on left leg to place Auto-9 weapon inside"

yes they are from the movie but I think it means we will be getting a figure with Peter Weller's likeness. :yess:

Link to source please? Just want to make sure you're not pulling our leg before I go and get excited :pray:

Yeah, seriously. I refuse to get my hopes up with false info. This is by far my number one grail figure. It's one of those for me that I'm so picky that I've held off buying the other representations out there. Not that they were bad (believe me I've almost broken down & bought one on more than a few occasions.) What keeps me holding off is the one thing I want that all previous attempts are missing; which is a Peter Weller sculpt. He is the face of that robotic Frankenstein. He was the reason that character was awesome to me.

I can deal with it missing an option for display (not that I wouldn't mind battle damaged armor & bloody data spike fist), but I will not buy unless the stretched out creepy face of PW is under that helmet.

For me Peter Weller is to Robocop as Robert Englund is to Freddy Kruger.

....& that's about as excited as I'll get for a figure.

Back