Any Word on Hot Toys and Robocop for end of 2011?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thing something will be produced, nor sure what, bur I'm hoping for a better ED-209 and a Cain.

Has Hot Toys ever re-released figures with no changes made to them, they seem to always add something new?

All I can remember is an constant stream of news stuff with different versions of the same figure.

Stumbled across this thread trying to find a full pictorial review thread for comparing the last two Robocop releases as I was thinking about maybe trying to get one.

Are folks still think that there is good chance Hot Toys go for a remake? As if there was, I would sooner hold out as I dare say it would be mad better.

A new one would be noticeably better IMO. Its not like the Iron Man Mark I where sight unseen I can't envision where it will be improved (other than the Stark sculpt and maybe made taller overall). HT have come along quite a bit since their Robocop figures though. The proportions would be much better as would the face sculpt. Also the joints would at least be better concealed if not also more functionally effective.

No word though, certainly none releasing for the end of 2011 as per the thread title. Unless they formally announce something before the year is out.

I could really go for an out of left field figure like this to knock me on my ass. I've been knee deep in nothing but DC and Marvel for s long time now. Imagine HT announced this and say that bloody BD T-800 at the same time.

I just need re-released Robo (from original or second) and Cane.
Big NO for any other things.

Last edited:
i want a DX Robocop... regular and battle-damaged with Peter Weller likeness.... i would get two!... Hot Toys needs to go back and release a bunch of 80's figures in the same span such as Robocop, Kyle Reese, BD T-800, Rick Deckard, T-800 Police Shootout

This could be one HT best if it does happen. Love or hate HT for there Iron Man addiction but you have to admit there awesome figures. With that sort experience now, Robocop would turn out amazing. It needs to happen.

i want a DX Robocop... regular and battle-damaged with Peter Weller likeness.... i would get two!... Hot Toys needs to go back and release a bunch of 80's figures in the same span such as Robocop, Kyle Reese, BD T-800, Rick Deckard, T-800 Police Shootout

:goodpost::hi5::goodpost::hi5::goodpost::clap:clap

I think Iron Man is going on to long it seems like, I do like the Iron Monger tho. It does seem like it would be good time for some new Robocop, if they just do remakes, I will be disappointed. They did all the versions of Robocop, a reissue to me would be a step backwards, they are doing Iron Monger, I have a feeling they will make some new figures, just not sure with ones.

Keep scanning the internet for any info or rumors, just nothing on it, not even a hint at reissue or new stuff.

My personal feeling is that Hot Toys is Going all out right now and remaking old figures they had done years ago, just doesn't seem to fit them.

So now I just wait and see:impatient::impatient:

:goodpost: I would add Aliens marines.

It's gonna be exciting to see HT's plans at the end of the year. I'm so sick of licence announcements and zero pics.

Man if they rehash an ED right now I'm sure they would charge us out of the @$$ for it. $500 minimum for a piece that big. If they made Robocain, I'd spend whatever they charge for it.

Hopefully Hot Toys ____s out a BD T2 T-800, Robocop, Kyle Reese and Police Shoot Out Terminator right before they die as a company.

It would make for nice poetic symmetry. They started with the Sci-Fi figures like Robocop, Reese, and Terminator for the MMS line and they bit the dust ending with the Robocop, Reese, and the Terminator.

main.jpg
main.jpg

main.jpg

Hopefully Hot Toys ____s out a BD T2 T-800, Robocop, Kyle Reese and Police Shoot Out Terminator right before they die as a company.

It would make for nice poetic symmetry. They started with the Sci-Fi figures like Robocop, Reese, and Terminator for the MMS line and they bit the dust ending with the Robocop, Reese, and the Terminator.

main.jpg
main.jpg

main.jpg

I like the way you think. But yea a Police Shootout T1 is waaaaaay overdue.

Back