Any Word on Hot Toys and Robocop for end of 2011?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT in the whole line of Ironman figures has made what 10 to 12 figures in the Ironman line so far? Yeah its time to quit HT... Give us something different or better yet channel the work you put into said Ironman figures into your other lines as well because you QC is a big smelly ____ as is...

I like all the Iron Man figures. It appears that many others do to.
I got into Hot Toys precisely because of their Iron Man stuff.

Can't argue with you on the QC issues though! :)

I loved their Iron Man figures. I had every one of them at a certain point. Currently I still have the Mark 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 plus WM and Secret Project. But they are rehashing too many version and just coming out with so many different version that doesn't even exist in the movie. Stealth version, AU Mark II, MILK WM. What's next? Deep sea diver Iron Man? These are resources that could be used on other stuff and licenses. So much potential wasted on repaints. Sounds like every other Toy company to me. I'm just disappointed with the direction the company is going. Don't mind me.

HT in the whole line of Ironman figures has made what 10 to 12 figures in the Ironman line so far? Yeah its time to quit HT... Give us something different or better yet channel the work you put into said Ironman figures into your other lines as well because you QC is a big smelly ____ as is...

Mark I-VI, Secret Project, Gunmetal, Mark 3 BD, War Machine. That's 10 already. Plus Milk your pockets War Machine, Mark 1 rehash, Stealth Mark 3, Mark Armor Unleashed, that's 4 more. And no end in sight...

Edit: HEY!!!! 4000th post!!!

I loved their Iron Man figures. I had every one of them at a certain point. Currently I still have the Mark 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 plus WM and Secret Project. But they are rehashing too many version and just coming out with so many different version that doesn't even exist in the movie. Stealth version, AU Mark II, MILK WM. What's next? Deep sea diver Iron Man? These are resources that could be used on other stuff and licenses. So much potential wasted on repaints. Sounds like every other Toy company to me. I'm just disappointed with the direction the company is going. Don't mind me.

No, I hear you man! Though I have the secret project IM and I do like it, I never asked for it and would've definitely preferred something else. Milk WM is definitely a waste of resources.
But then maybe for the company, these variants make easy money money and said easy money could be put back into the business, thus increasing the chances of us getting the other things we like.

They are hard company to figure out though. How you drop the ball on Indy and yet improve Superman, is hard to understand.

Aliens Colonial marines is a given.. Can Hot Toys hurry up and acquire the rights to Michael Biehn so we can get Corporal Hicks and Kyle Reese already... and also, Sigourney Weaver.. where the hell is our Ripley from Alien and Aliens..... what pisses me off are these damn iron man repaints.. the milk war machine? i mean come on.. iron man is cool.. but they need to spread out what they make to different franchises.. obviously fans and collectors are dying for Aliens and robocop lines to be redone... The terminator and T2 lines to be completed with the most important characters as is reese, police shootout.. bd t800... blade runner has yet to be touched!... congrats on the iron man lines.. awesome figures.. but please.. relax on them already give the fans and spendings what they also desire

How about HT do a 1/4 scale RoboCop.
Big scale figure with super high detail and awesome headsculpt is always better.

^^^ Noooooooooob
My Robo & ED are boxed away awaiting my move. Can't wait to reunite them.
I'd love to see a new Robo as the old one had proportion issues and the actual facial likeness was tits.
Engineering was pretty amazing tbh AA was the colour scheme

This would be the perfect DX figure. Imagine a battle damaged head with the crack in the visor; the pers would be perfect for the scene where you see his eye through the crack. Also having removable chest plates. This could overtake the Iron Man figures for engineering genius! Also it would be great to just have a Hot Toys Robocop Figure that doesn't have paint flakes!

How about HT do a 1/4 scale RoboCop.
Big scale figure with super high detail and awesome headsculpt is always better.

No, only 1/6 for me. I don't have any interest in buying 1/4 figures but I'm sure it would be amazing though. The better option would be to make a 1/6 & 1/4 Robocop & keep both partys happy :)

Has Hot Toys ever re-released figures with no changes made to them?

Nope. Not yet, anyway.

This could overtake the Iron Man figures for engineering genius! Also it would be great to just have a Hot Toys Robocop Figure that doesn't have paint flakes!

Agreed. :clap

If they can get the rights to Weller's likeness, then I can easily see a Robocop 1 version 2.0 with dual (or removable visor) headsculpt, battle damage swap plates (e.g. Mk.5 & 6), and improved articulation & paint.

HT could knock this out of the park, release a substantially improved figure, and capture some of the inflated aftermarket prices for the first figure(s).

It'd sell like muthafreakin' hotcakes.

The Iron Man line sells like hotcakes . . . that's why HT isn't going to kill the golden goose. :monkey1

_____

Back