appleseed, takara or HT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both boxes are under my bed. At least my RAH stormies won't run from their posts to date with Deunan :D

But looking on some other places I found some comparison shots of the Takara and Hot Toys Deunan:

appleseedhttakaradeunanqc4.jpg

appleseedhttakaradeunanhb0.jpg

But looking on some other places I found some comparison shots of the Takara and Hot Toys Deunan:

I still like the Hot Toys head sculpt far better (like most). As for the bodies, based on these shots, I like the front of the Takara better than HT, but I like the HT back better than Takara's! Man, that would be a weird combination to try and undertake!!! :rotfl

IMO the HT version looks better all around. Now if I could just find one...

Got Briareos today. Here are some quick pics:

b05ml5.jpg

b04di6.jpg

b03ow3.jpg

b02cu3.jpg

b01mc1.jpg

I hope to have some better pics up in the next few days.

Also, I hereby declare Briareos' rifle to be the most kick-ass weapon in 1/6 history!

Looks cool! No Deunan? Can't wait to move to the new house and have space to display them too. :)

I used to think that the Hot Toys version's head was way under scaled, but if you compare it with the source material:
exmachinablueray.jpg

Her head looks very in scale.

And the thick legs and terrible head sculpt on Takara's version convince me that HT's version is the better looking of the two, cracking issues not withstanding.

Too bad I missed the boat on either Briareos or Deunan. At this point it'll cost me twice as much to get both. :monkey2

I've got the HT Briareos as well. When I saw FQRizzo's pix I thought they were mine! LOL
Anyways I would get the HT Deunan IF it didn't have so many paint-peeling problems. Thats why my Briareos is still single.

Here's my Deunan:
HotToysDeunanKnute1.jpg

HotToysDeunanKnute2.jpg

And all my favorite anime characters together:
AnimeDisplay.jpg

Back