Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg, the ceremonial knife seems kinda pointless since she's already armed with wrist blades.

A ceremonial weapon is an object used for ceremonial purposes to display power or authority. They are often used in parades and as part of dress uniforms.

Although they are descended from weapons used in actual combat, they are not normally used as such. Their form and, especially, their finishing and decoration are typically designed to show status and power and to be an impressive sight, rather than for practicality as a weapon. Quite often, ceremonial weapons are constructed with precious metals or other materials that make them too delicate for combat use. With ceremonial swords, an example of this is that the sword may be poorly balanced. Historically, however, many ceremonial weapons were also capable of actual combat, most notably in the military.

Maces, halberds, daggers and swords are the most common form of ceremonial weapons, but in theory almost any weapon can become ceremonial. Mid 20th century rifles such as the American M14 and the Russian SKS, fitted with polished wood stocks, chrome plating and other decorative finishes, are common ceremonial weapons for honor guard units.

i'm not trying to persua you to get ex. i just wanted you to know the difference between the dagger and the wrist blades :)

I think you're hung up on semantics. It's only a "ceremonial" knife because Sideshow calls it such in their advertising. She's clearly brandishing the knife as a weapon. Her pose suggests she's preparing to take a trophy from her xenomorph victim. I'd probably like it better if her switch out hand's wrist blades were retracted or she was wearing it as a form of regalia.

I think you're hung up on semantics. It's only a "ceremonial" knife because Sideshow calls it such in their advertising. She's clearly brandishing the knife as a weapon. Her pose suggests she's preparing to take a trophy from her xenomorph victim. I'd probably like it better if her switch out hand's wrist blades were retracted or she was wearing it as a form of regalia.

you tell yourself that. but is it the truth? my reality is that the designers just thought of having it holding in her hands is a nicer way to show off the dagger instead of hanging it somewhere around her body. a nicer way to show off the power she has over the xenomorphs. now, is my reality more true than yours? it's all subjective

Actually, we know Predators use these knives in combat, Celtic tried to finish Grid with it

Actually, we know Predators use these knives in combat, Celtic tried to finish Grid with it

exactly, as a last resort weapon. now is it a useless thing to have when one has wrist blades? if Celtic's wrist blades didn't get damaged he wouldn't have tried to use it. and if he didn't made such a dramatic scene he would've killed the grid alien with it.

You're getting a little spergy over a difference in opinion, bro.
(If you're doing it in the interest of promoting discussion, then my bad.)
The EX knife is not a big deal to me. Hence, it's superfluous in my opinion. :p
Certainly not compelling enough to sit on a waitlist for the next few months hoping for a conversion when I've already got the reg in the bag.

Certainly not compelling enough to sit on a waitlist for the next few months hoping for a conversion when I've already got the reg in the bag.
Unless you are getting a significant discount I would go with the EX. It is not a great EX, but always better to have options.

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

There is always a chance at conversion. Especially on a less known or non essential character.

nah, i got ya. the ex doesn't scream "must have" to me either. :peace

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

There is always a chance at conversion. Especially on a less known or non essential character.

Yes these days with the huge ES everything will convert. Now I just need my power girl to convert then I'm all set on all my PO's.

Back