Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

It's not a big deal if you are not familiar with the character. To be honest though , that's pretty much sideshows target market - people who like cool looking statue's. Accuracy seems to be a side benefit.

Even Machiko statue is sideshows own take on it, the horrific looking netting for a start, but again if you don't know much about the predator mythos then it still looks like a cool looking statue.

They do it continually so it's definitely something to do with their art direction. So many people are continually disappointed with Sideshows "take" on it. Christopher Reeve Superman again is pretty much universally panned (pretty much an IMPOSSIBLE statue to get wrong but they did it) but it will still sell. Nothing you can do about it, you just gota hope when it comes to your favourite character you get lucky and they don't destroy it.

Either that or you're like comicbookguy and actually don't care or know about anything. :lol

I've watched all the predator movies, I'm just not a hardcore fan where I would notice such things, from my perspective it looks like a kickass looking predator, but I understand where your coming from, when SS does a statue of a character you like, you expect them to get the details right, especially at $1200....

Right now I'm just looking at source material and trying to decide if the changes are big enough for me to pass on it or not...

Right now I'm just looking at source material and trying to decide if the changes are big enough for me to pass on it or not...

The sculpt is really nice over all, most of the flaws have been mentioned above but the main problem is the head area and those damn dreads. Ultimately it comes down to whether you like it or not. Many aspects of it annoy me but I have it on order and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Head... way off unfortunately.

Awesome sculpt otherwise...

It's like being in the P2 maquette thread again.... except I have $1600 invested in this and we know for certain no changes are being made. At least the ES is low...

I know what you meant, I was just kidding you about spelling It wrong.:lol

So the netting isn't accurate? It's a drawn character so it depends on the artist I suppose. Some have both legs with netting other only one.
Most of the pictures i've seen have the netting above the chest but i'd rather she looked like this...

1machiko.jpg

Over this...

1machiko_predator_cosplay_by_gonkbot-d6wt3zs.jpg

Ugh I kept looking at my shelves thinking I need a Predator section so I jumped on the wait list of Predator 2 statue and then I'll get Machiko as a companion piece... I wonder how much blood and sperm I can sell per month...

I just puked in my mouth I got a visual :lol:lol:lol

BTW the higher your IQ the better you get paid at the Sperm Bank :lol:lol:lol

Be Cool
Al

For me, fixing the netting will determine whether I order or not. Without the netting to her neck, it looks like she is wearing a tiny-bikini; and WTH is up with the insane amount of cleavage? I know a lot of you like the 'sexed' up versions, but in my opinion it takes away from this character/statue.

For me, fixing the netting will determine whether I order or not. Without the netting to her neck, it looks like she is wearing a tiny-bikini; and WTH is up with the insane amount of cleavage? I know a lot of you like the 'sexed' up versions, but in my opinion it takes away from this character/statue.
I think with SS, what you see is what you get, more or less.

So the netting isn't accurate? It's a drawn character so it depends on the artist I suppose. Some have both legs with netting other only one.
Most of the pictures i've seen have the netting above the chest but i'd rather she looked like this...

View attachment 108875

Over this...

View attachment 108876

:thwak What is Wrong with you Colin posting a Water Retaining Sea Cow pretending to be Machiko, now I just want to crawl into a scalding Hot Shower and wash my skin with a wood bristled brush and scrape my eyes out with a dull spoon :lol:lol:lol

Al

The thing with the netting is this is literally how it went when they were thinking about this statue -

" So Kenny, the netting, how are we going to approach this in terms of what is established in the predator universe and the existing mythos with this character?"

" The hell you talking about Dave, we just phoned China up, they got some old fishing nets they cut up into small sections, don't worry about it, drinks tonight?"

Back