Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

Expensive tastes ;)

Ya especially with Megatron and Optimus Prime in my PO list also... I'm thinking about reassessing must have statues.. Was going to try and do a X-Men line up of statues but I might have to cancel that idea now... My statue budget is getting stretched thin atm :)

Yeah, lets just hope that P2 maquette turns out to be insanely awesome to live up to its price tag!!!

What issues?
You haven't been in the thread then. Alot of people were hoping for adjustments but nothing will change, they added a stand for the spare portrait.
Base. Not really an issue but generally hated. Teeth...skulls :dunno
Spear. Far too small.
Face. No quills.
Dreads. By far the biggest issue. They should drop straight down but these stick out a bit before they drop.

Also the Breather Mask Ex. Most would of preferred an empty hand when not using the spear.
Disc inhand and spear at the same time would look odd so if you wanted to use the disc in hand Ex you would need to use the mask in hand.
For him to be holding his breather mask would mean he didn't have his Bio on meaning you would need to used the unmasked portrait.
Disc and spear at the same time could be inhand but that would look wrong imo.
Best display option spear and empty hand with disc in holster and choice of head...The Regular set up.

Last edited:

I'm new to that thread and didn't want to read that many pages given only maybe 5% usually have useful information in them, the other 95% is usually people arguing :)

So it's more about atheistic not matching the movie version... Hmm have to think about this one... although to be honest I probably would of never noticed if not pointed out to me...

I must be one of the few people who loves the base on the P2 maquette. The color, the design, the size, every bit of it.

I'm new to that thread and didn't want to read that many pages given only maybe 5% usually have useful information in them, the other 95% is usually people arguing :)

So it's more about atheistic not matching the movie version... Hmm have to think about this one... although to be honest I probably would of never noticed if not pointed out to me...

It's not a big deal if you are not familiar with the character. To be honest though , that's pretty much sideshows target market - people who like cool looking statue's. Accuracy seems to be a side benefit.

Even Machiko statue is sideshows own take on it, the horrific looking netting for a start, but again if you don't know much about the predator mythos then it still looks like a cool looking statue.

They do it continually so it's definitely something to do with their art direction. So many people are continually disappointed with Sideshows "take" on it. Christopher Reeve Superman again is pretty much universally panned (pretty much an IMPOSSIBLE statue to get wrong but they did it) but it will still sell. Nothing you can do about it, you just gota hope when it comes to your favourite character you get lucky and they don't destroy it.

Either that or you're like comicbookguy and actually don't care or know about anything. :lol

gotta be more then a few since I'm still on the WL :)
To be clear, I was just talking about the base, which I really like. I still agree with all the points Collectorcol made about the predator itself. My biggest complaints being the inaccurate bio and the undersized combi-stick.

Either that or you're like comicbookguy and actually don't care or know about anything. :lol
:rotfl :exactly:

I don't mind artistic license for adjusting the looks to be "better" than having 100% movie accuracy, but it has to BE better or at least good looking. Things like the dreds not looking right and scale of the weapons is just universal to predators and you can't mess those up. Base, pose, EX, mask, those things are not great either, but if they fix the dreds and weapon size I would still get it.

That is also similar to what I was talking about with this piece, the netting looks to be an interpretation that looks worse than if it were accurate or not there at all. Don't change just to change, do it to look better or why bother.

Back