Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpted hair takes alot away from the look- the shape of it is wrong and the sculpting is simplified- even for sculpted hair...

I think the standard sculpt has grown on me. The alternate sculpt still isn't that great IMO, but the rest of the figure is stellar. I'm looking forward to more pics and in hand reviews of this guy.

The "out of the box" look on Asmus' figure appears better than ACI's, imo. I know people have done some incredible work with their ACI figure, but even the promo pics had far too much of an 80s hair band / male model look to them. It's a shame, because CREG's mock up with sculpted hair looked really great.

the head sculpt does look weird though, almost alien-like. not a fan of it, however the rest of the figure is rather good, costume is nice!

I'll definitely need to see the painted sculpt in hand before I can say for sure. I've seen some pics that make think "Uh oh" and others that make me think "they nailed it after all." As a general rule, though, these kind of things tend to look better in hand.

I noticed that. It's coming from the ones who jumped the gun and bought the ACI one. They have to defend it now.

Nope, no "jumping the gun", not from me at least. I made the decision to buy the ACI Aragorn and LOVE it so I feel no need to defend it by bashing another figure. When people come over it's the figure they comment on more than any other.

I've purchased the Asmus version as well with the hope it will look better in person as photos can be deceiving, but even the best photos haven't done it for me so far. Collecting will always be a matter of opinion and personal taste, that's what makes it so enjoyable 😊

1c2160a3546bee524e8b4bff76c67b5c.jpg
I found this on Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the sculpt is brilliant, it's just the bad hair that's making it look odd.
The way the hair is sculpted makes him look like an egghead.

Back