Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic really looks good. There's so much back and forth in the pics, we really need to start seeing some in hand ones.

The forehead is still a little too high on the default sculpt. A quick trick is to draw a line between the top of his eyebrows. That line should be halfway between the bottom of his nose and the start of his hairline.

By the looks of some of the latest pics, it's not as big a flaw as it first appeared to be.

Well I gave in and ordered from them. They have been pretty dependable the other time or two I have used them. I asked if there was any way to ship it faster so maybe I will get it in a week or two. I am freaking impatient when it comes to Lord of the Rings. If I get the chance I will post pictures of both heads next to the ACI, stock Sideshow and 3 custom Sideshow paint jobs.

Yeah I kind of go overboard with Lord of the Rings but this way each kid can have a custom one someday and then one will get Asmus, one ACI and the one that draws the short straw will get the standard exclusive Sideshow one.

I thought Aragorn was sold out on Asmus's site. I had mine reserved at BBTS and then switched to Timewalker.

I have one on order with Timewalker too. Asmus' site will probably have it listed in stock when they have some on hand. I got the second one from that 7 store. Paid a premium but I roughed if out waiting for the others.

Well I gave in and ordered from them. They have been pretty dependable the other time or two I have used them. I asked if there was any way to ship it faster so maybe I will get it in a week or two. I am freaking impatient when it comes to Lord of the Rings. If I get the chance I will post pictures of both heads next to the ACI, stock Sideshow and 3 custom Sideshow paint jobs.

Yeah I kind of go overboard with Lord of the Rings but this way each kid can have a custom one someday and then one will get Asmus, one ACI and the one that draws the short straw will get the standard exclusive Sideshow one.

I am looking forward to seeing a photo of them all lined up next to each other!

Is the extra head sculpt included in all of the shipments or what ?
If I preordered from Sideshow will I get the bonus sculpt ?

I would check with Sideshow. Asmus had said it was only with pre-orders but I don't know what the cut off is for that since it is out in so markets and not others.

Here are my photos~!

A000.jpg

A001.jpg

A003.jpg

I hate to be the one who always comments first.:) The costume, from what can be seen, looks great. The outer coat looks really nice. I like how thin the fabric looks. Are the sleeves of the blue shirt film accurate or just a dickie? The closed mouth head sculpt looks great. Nice detail and paint apps. The likeness is not as spot on as I would like it but it is close, maybe 80%. The open mouth sculpt, in that lighting, looks much better than I thought it would. People are going to complain about it being cone headed but I think that is due to the fact that he is looking down some. Again, likeness is not spot on but it's nice to have and extra head sculpt. How about some more picture George, maybe a little farther away so we can see the whole figure? All in all it looks like a great figure and I can't wait to get mine.

I hate to be the one who always comments first.:) The costume, from what can be seen, looks great. The outer coat looks really nice. I like how thin the fabric looks. Are the sleeves of the blue shirt film accurate or just a dickie? The closed mouth head sculpt looks great. Nice detail and paint apps. The likeness is not as spot on as I would like it but it is close, maybe 80%. The open mouth sculpt, in that lighting, looks much better than I thought it would. People are going to complain about it being cone headed but I think that is due to the fact that he is looking down some. Again, likeness is not spot on but it's nice to have and extra head sculpt. How about some more picture George, maybe a little farther away so we can see the whole figure? All in all it looks like a great figure and I can't wait to get mine.

What he said! :lecture

I see 60% Viggo- ACI was very close..so no pics I have seen on this convince me problems corrected! However I think the outfit looks terrific but need more detailed pics of it and accessories. Asmus improving a great deal-keep it up!

The sculpt has improved dramatically...no question there. The only reason I could justify paying the extra cost of ACI's would be if I were a big fan of rooted hair (which I'm not) or the quality of the accessories. The Lorien leaf pin doesn't look too good in those pics, but I planned on posing this figure primarily as "Strider" in any case.

I'm sure Asmus will do at least one more version of Aragorn down the line if they continue with the license...hoping for a "Black Gates" version.

Back