Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3c8f5ac4a4f9e0624d0c91b3930a7b05.jpg

One more after a little more futzing. Starting to like it even better now.

Its a slight improvement, just needs a little more hair on the top of his head :)
c6222f8fbb8adc340245d31703f87012.jpg

b4d4eb479836cf4f953ec4c501d921aa.jpg

Here's a few more with a better camera. I'll try to add some more hair to the top of his head, but I'm fearful of adding too much. I'm using the box cover for reference and it looks close to right.

Still, if I had to leave him alone from here on out I'd be happy. I really didn't like the asmus plastic hair helmet[emoji1].

c6222f8fbb8adc340245d31703f87012.jpg

b4d4eb479836cf4f953ec4c501d921aa.jpg

Here's a few more with a better camera. I'll try to add some more hair to the top of his head, but I'm fearful of adding too much. I'm using the box cover for reference and it looks close to right.

Still, if I had to leave him alone from here on out I'd be happy. I really didn't like the asmus plastic hair helmet[emoji1].

You did a great job! Yeah, a couple more layers on the top would be perfect but it still looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That facial likeness is completely incredible, i wont be modding mine but its cool to see it in a different way

Yeah, I'm loving that sculpt even more now. Looks so much better with hair.

I'm thinking of doing a couple of different mods when mine arrives. I'm considering adding hair and I'm also considering redoing the sculpted hair. But I think in both cases I'm going to sacrifice a couple of TrueType heads from my parts bin -- dremel the faces off -- and make them interchangeable. I'd go with all Sculpey, but I want him to have some ears. I also want the option of switching back to the original look in the unlikely event I ever decide to sell.

But we'll see how it turns out, though. I'm not super confident in my skills at this stuff.

Cman;8475005 Here are some pics of the material I used. Hope this helps. As far as the length just feel it out. Google pics show his hair reaching a little below his shoulders. Have fun with it! Put some hair spray for the final touch and that's it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
9c53ef42a5ccdf712d22b3021c707f63.jpg

Using that picture can you add dots to show where you would add hair to? I've never done this before just wondering how low you start on the head and how consistent it is through the head. If you can of course, would help me a lot.

So is Aragorn not bald when the hair is off? The head plugs into the hair? I was hoping it'd be a bit like a wig and he'd have a round head under the hair.

Does anyone have experience in ordering from asmus to the UK? Shall I expect a custom charge?

Hey cman you're the man,seriously. I didn't even have the figure before and ur pictures made me order it and try applying hair for the first time. It's not perfect and I hope I get better but I'm def. satisfied. I copied everything from ur hair to ur pose, thanks again man!
b2b7659f0add9a8bcf51ed9acccb4b0a.jpg

It seems like some peoples ring hands are different than mine. The ring on mine looks melted and horrible. Like there wasn't enough poured into the mould on mine. I dunno.

Hey cman you're the man,seriously. I didn't even have the figure before and ur pictures made me order it and try applying hair for the first time. It's not perfect and I hope I get better but I'm def. satisfied. I copied everything from ur hair to ur pose, thanks again man!
b2b7659f0add9a8bcf51ed9acccb4b0a.jpg

My pleasure serge. Your aragorn looks awesome! Love what you did with those bangs and adding layers to the hair. Awesome job man

Back