Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Lol what? What exactly did he miss ? You act like logan is a mind****. It’s literally just wolverine being more violent then he was. What else was there to get? The whole evil wolverine part of the movie was in my opinion stupid. How many times have we seen an evil version of the character fight himself?

Obviously the movie is 2deep4u.

Hes probably talking about the immigration/ refugee element of the movie and the crossing of the border stuff. The movie is an allegory to the immigration problem

The movie also deals with the inability of growing old and dying. And how even the strongest man on earth cant escape old age and death. As well as how change is inevitable and all things must end.

The themes of Logan are not lost on me. But all these elements were touched upon in terminator 2 20 years ago and x men has always been an allegory for how people treat people that are different than them.

I still dont see how LOGAN is an auteur movie. Or bold or creative. Logan was a great movie but besides the gore it did not really bring anything new theme or plot wise.
The structure is literally the same as terminator 2.
Even deadpool plot wise was incredible cliche and genetic. As edgy and obscene as it was, at its core deadpool was nothing byt a romantic comedy inside an origin hero story with nothing innovative about it.

Even thought guardians of the galaxy was a little cliche plot wise, the fact that they had the talking racoon and walking tree makes it the most bold risky superhero movie of the last 20 years.

I would call blade the only other bold and risky comic movie because they made a horror movie about vampires as a comic movie with a "superhero" the R rated had nothing to do with being bold, the horror element did.

Rob Zombie is one of the few filmmakers I would call a real auteur. His movies are terrible, but there's no doubt about it being all his vision. Calling anyone who makes any big budget superhero fare an auteur is definitively wrong. They're always working within studio parameters, even if those parameters involve a strategic decision to make the movie R rated.

I do like the Devil’s Rejects

Right ! But this goes against the idea of thinking every property should be bought by Disney and put in he mcu. Because everybody likes something different. Which is what I think a lot of the mcu "haters" are trying to argue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO tho I love what the MCU has done - IMO most definitely NOT everything should be co-opted by Disney/Marvel. The MCU is great, and I feel a group of talented directors HAS been able to put their own stamp on the films. First Avenger has a different tone vs. TWS vs. Homecoming etc.

But the MCU is a Kevin Feige thing, a Disney thing. So there's gonna be restrictions with stuff having to fit into the "great plan" and limits from being a Disney property. Most of all, it's always a person (or persons in the case of the Russos) who's gonna tell a story. And IMO the more variety of storytellers, the better.

Sure, Sony went to Marvel when they hit a wall with Spidey and something amazing happened. Right now seems like anything the MCU touches turns to platinum.
But even Feige sez in the Variety article the day when a movie is put out that derails things will come.

Plus, while I don't NEED sex, violence, and blood spattering the screen like "300" - for some of the stuff like the Black Widow/WS movie I wanted, it would have been rated R. None of this "nobody bleeds unless it's after the fact" stuff. Doesn't have to be excessive - just not SO clean. Not something you would take young kids to.

Finally the MCU is changing. What's been working may not work after IW 1 & 2. So if comic book movies continue to be popular at the box office, I def. don't think theater films should be all MCU. But right now the whole film-making climate seems bad; e.g. the people that invest so the large comic book movies can be made don't wanna take risks; the BO this year was mostly flat; and TV/streaming etc. keeps people at home watching Netflix.

Hes probably talking about the immigration/ refugee element of the movie and the crossing of the border stuff. The movie is an allegory to the immigration problem

The movie also deals with the inability of growing old and dying. And how even the strongest man on earth cant escape old age and death. As well as how change is inevitable and all things must end.

The themes of Logan are not lost on me. But all these elements were touched upon in terminator 2 20 years ago and x men has always been an allegory for how people treat people that are different than them.

I still dont see how LOGAN is an auteur movie. Or bold or creative. Logan was a great movie but besides the gore it did not really bring anything new theme or plot wise.
The structure is literally the same as terminator 2.
Even deadpool plot wise was incredible cliche and genetic. As edgy and obscene as it was, at its core deadpool was nothing byt a romantic comedy inside an origin hero story with nothing innovative about it.

Even thought guardians of the galaxy was a little cliche plot wise, the fact that they had the talking racoon and walking tree makes it the most bold risky superhero movie of the last 20 years.

I would call blade the only other bold and risky comic movie because they made a horror movie about vampires as a comic movie with a "superhero" the R rated had nothing to do with being bold, the horror element did.

Great post.

I’m surprised Snikt loves Logan as much as he does the writer pretty much said his goal was to show southern whites as the core problem of the world and Logan as the weakened white resistance trying to get the kids away from the south into the north. The writer has gone on record to say Trump supporters are Nazis and this country will need its own D-Day lol.

So do I great movie.

You have to shower after watching it though.

Great post.

I’m surprised Snikt loves Logan as much as he does the writer pretty much said his goal was to show southern whites as the core problem of the world and Logan as the weakened white resistance trying to get the kids away from the south into the north. The writer has gone on record to say Trump supporters are Nazis and this country will need its own D-Day lol.

So do I great movie.

Wait didnt snikt voted for daddy trump???????
Jesus...... i dont think snikt understood the movie: :lol :lol
It was clear it had a strong immigration message

Snikt is indeed a supporter which makes me laugh watching other supporters on here viciously turning on one of their own lol

Last edited:

So do I great movie.

The only RZ movies I was able to watch from start to finish were Devil's Rejects and Lords of Salem (really wish I hadn't sat through the entirety of the later, but it's the one that I dislike the least and I actually liked its story premise).

Corpses - turned off after the first hour

Halloween - turned off after the first 30 minutes

Halloween 2 - didn't even bother

31 - turned off after the first hour

I had to take a shower after watching all of them though.

While I pretty much hate his movies, I rather admire the guy's enthusiasm in the filmmaking world.

I have a friend who is a huge fan of House of a Thousand Corpses. I'm always glad to see a new RZ movie come out. He's the only guy making Rob Zombie movies and there's an audience for it. They don't care if I like them and I don't have to watch them. :)

I prefer house of 1000 corpses better than devils rejects.

I remember I had to hunt down the NECA Capt. Spaulding for my friend for Christmas. That movie also had Hardwick before he was a brand.

The only RZ movies I was able to watch from start to finish were Devil's Rejects and Lords of Salem (really wish I hadn't sat through the entirety of the later, but it's the one that I dislike the least and I actually liked its story premise).

Corpses - turned off after the first hour

Halloween - turned off after the first 30 minutes

Halloween 2 - didn't even bother

31 - turned off after the first hour

I had to take a shower after watching all of them though.

While I pretty much hate his movies, I rather admire the guy's enthusiasm in the filmmaking world.

I hated his Halloween movies

IMG_3054.JPG

From the second poster, it is appparent that Thanos should eat some more fiber.

Back