Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Does your wife roll her eyes and say "yes" in that disgusted tone... or does she hug you with a big smile and say "yes" proudly, privately squeezing your crotch to hint at the good things to come later tonight?

That is a great follow up question at jye university.

My wife plays the victim and will completely throw me under the bus even though just an hour ago she asked me to rent Blade of the Immortal. :lol

This is also the same woman who made me take off my shoes and sit on rubber mat for Thanksgiving dinner but will then sit on a leather couch with popcorn to watch a movie lol.

Don’t even get me started on her latina side.

Last edited:

Dude, I'm telling you we're living in a society with bad memory. "Safe" movies didn't exist 20 years ago. Directors weren't trying to keep things light and fun [and safe] for children. They were doing the opposite. None of the greatest movies of all time suffer from today's safe approach to filmmaking.

The 'R' rating is the door to the days of Robocop, Die Hard & T2: Judgment Day. Action movies that had teeth.

I'll keep saying it. MCU lovers are mostly young people who don't remember how great and BOLD movies used to be. They, unfortunately, grew up with today's corporately-financed Studio system which doesn't care about making good movies but rather good products.

The MCU is the dream child of the corporate machine. Mediocre content that grosses Billions because the demographic isn't aware of just mediocre it is.

20 years ago there was no netflix
20 years ago there was no oversaturation of media and tv and movies.
20 years ago we didnt have as many channels or youtube,

It is idiotic to compare moviemaking of 20 years ago compared with moviemaking today.

Today movies like pulp fiction and desperado might have never been made. Today smaller movies make studios scared,
Today i cant see people going to theaters as much as they did 20 years ago, back then thats all they had. It was the only entertainment.

You seriously cannot compare, thats just dumb.

For Paramount to approve a Tarantino rated R Star Trek movie.....let me say that again...a Tarantino rated R Star Trek movie means that the success of Deadpool, Logan and IT have made studios take notice so Snikt’s R rated rant has some merit.

But for me Paramount only looks desperate approving that. R rated Star Trek lulz

Feige DOESN’T NEED TO GO that route because his PG-13 MCU is a huge success without the need for R.

Last edited:

Jye, wor gar wants to suck your butter fingers :lecture

It is idiotic to compare moviemaking of 20 years ago compared with moviemaking today.

You seriously cannot compare, thats just dumb.

Tell that to every auteur of today who chooses to shoot 35mm just to emulate a time when cinema was better. Tell that to every auteur who stylistically channels the 80s and 90s in their work because today's world is so dull and corporate.

What's idiotic is thinking the comparison is invalid. The comparison is what inspires an auteur to do something better like before rather than settle for something mediocre which is what's common now (like the MCU).

Tell that to every auteur of today who chooses to shoot 35mm just to emulate a time when cinema was better. Tell that to every auteur who stylistically channels the 80s and 90s in their work because today's world is so dull and corporate.

What's idiotic is thinking the comparison is invalid. The comparison is what inspires an auteur to do something better like before rather than settle for something mediocre which is what's common now (like the MCU).

How many of those auteur movies make it to theaters? How many
Or are you talking about youtube projects and indie movies that are shown on artsy theaters at midnight?

It is idiotic to expect studios to spend 200 million dollars on a CHILDRENS MOVIE that is based on a CHILDRENS Comic from the 60s and expect them to make these movies auteur edgy bold risky arthouse movies....

Thats literally insane. What you want is for studios to clmake the equivalent of combining a pixar movie and a david lynch movie......... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Do you have any reasoning at all? These action movies are meant to be enjoyed by the whole family from the baby to the grandpa.

Just because these movies dont resemble ERASERHEAD IT DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE BAD! You are just weird man.

It is idiotic to expect studios to spend 200 million dollars on a CHILDRENS MOVIE that is based on a CHILDRENS Comic from the 60s and expect them to make these movies auteur edgy bold risky arthouse movies....

Does Logan just mind**** you? Like, did you short circuit as you watched it?

Because it literally shatters the argument you're making.

Honestly I think audiences are straight up fed up with CGI. Read the comments on the upcoming Alita movie, everyone is voicing their opinion about it in a negative way. This, JL, Star Wars, Hollywood should just go back to the basics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... audiences are straight up fed up with CGI.
Read the comments on the upcoming Alita movie, everyone is voicing their opinion about it in a negative way.
Idiots gonna be idiots.
Let them throw poop at something nice while they eat recycled garbage. :dunno

Idiots gonna be idiots.
Let them throw poop at something nice while they eat recycled garbage. :dunno

I mean when movies get upgraded to what ever resolution they throw at it, movies heavily based on cgi stick out and do not age well, on the other hand look at the first Jurassic Park, still looks fresh and has survived the age of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean when movies get upgraded to what ever resolution they throw at it, movies heavily based on cgi stick out and do not age well, on the other hand look at the first Jurassic Park, still looks fresh and has survived the age of time.
That's because Jurassic Park isn't set in space/another planet/hi-tech future.
Plus it was shot on film and not digital, which is always better.

Stop saying auteur! Stop it!

the-auteur-000.jpg

Does Logan just mind**** you? Like, did you short circuit as you watched it?

Because it literally shatters the argument you're making.

No, logan is an experiment in a franchise of 7 movies, Logan was the end of a character. A good bye piece. A send off.
And as violent as logan was it STILL followed the same formulaic and by the numbers "safe" plot structure as the other movies.
There is nothing in logans structure that is bold or risky. Nothing.
Take out the gore and take out the nudity and it is a regular action movie. Bad guy wants kid, good guy protects kid, bad guy follows them on the road, good guy tries to hide, etc etc etc
What part of that is "risky" or "bold" story telling wise? The kid killing people?
And guess what kick ass ALREADY had that so even the novelty of the kid killing people is not even there.
As good as logan was, its structure was kinda cliche. What was good about it was the acting and simplicity.

You cant expect EVERY movie to be like logan. If what you consider to be risky and bold is gore and blood and voilence then please stick to horror movies. Stick to Blumhouse Auteur movies.

You dont even know what you want.

Back