Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

Lol at IW's opening weekend out earning JL's lifetime domestic gross.

WB is so screwed. How the hell can DC ever get anyone to care about Darkseid now after what the entire world just witnessed Thanos do in IW.

Though I suppose Marvel has a similar dilemma, good luck getting anyone to care about Ant-Man and Wasp, lol. Though I just read that the new Ant-Man will be set before IW?

Last edited:

Isn't that what I said? That it's an impossible task to show every day of their lives? It didn't seem to me that any character at all was in a different place in their lives. They were all right where we left them on their own individual paths from the previous movies. Cap & Tony still aren't talking. Cap is still a do gooder, Stark is still an egotistical narcissistic ass that won't admit what he did in CW was wrong and Cap was right. Widow & Falcon are still following Cap. The Government still considers Cap & his pals fugitives and criminals. Rhodey is still General Ross lackey as he is a military man, whether he agrees or not. Bucky was awoken only after his request that he was "healed" as seen at the end of BP. Drax still wants to kill Thanos. Quill & Gamorra are still doing their relationship dance. Groot is now a teenager. Rocket is still Rocket. Nebula wants to kill Thanos. Peter is still an inexperienced kid in high school trying to figure things out. Vision & Wanda are still trying to figure out their feelings for each other & how/if it can work. Strange & Wong are still the protectors of our dimension. It's all there. what your asking for would mean another Iron Man movie, Cap movie, Spider-Man movie, Strange movie, GOTG movie, a Scarlet Witch & Vision movie, Black Panther movie with Bucky, all ending on the same day that IW starts. Thor Ragnarok is the closest movie that feels like a direct lead in, cause it was. There may be some holes here and there, but nothing of significance to me. I didn't need to see Tony & Pepper's romance blossoming to the point of marriage and having a baby.

Yes because there was a fraction of the characters that are in IW. And your listing group moments, not individual moments. Meanwhile at the same time people complain that the villain Ultron (like most Marvel movie Villains up until IW with Thanos) wasn't developed enough at the expense of the heroes characterizations. IW is Thanos' movie. He was the star.

But its not. There were 8 - 10 hours of episodes over a few days leading to that, just like 17 movies leading to this. And you can't do that in movies. Some time needs to pass. Again, that's what I said. Ignoring every episode of the season and just watching the 2 part finale. IW is the 2 part finale of 10 years of storytelling, but we haven't seen part 2 yet. The next Phase 4 will be and feel completely different as said by Feige.
I agree. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Wow I didn't even think of that. You're totally right. How the *hell* can DC get anyone to care about Darkseid after what the entire world just witnessed Thanos do in IW.

Though I suppose Marvel has a similar dilemma, good luck getting anyone to care about Ant-Man and Wasp, lol. Though I just read that the new Ant-Man will be set before IW?

Hmm. Did Thanos erase my post too? :lol

Anyway, Darkseid even seeks the anti life equation...that's his whole gimmick in the comics. :lol

If A4 uses time travel or alternate realities, Flashpoint is screwed too. :lol

Hmm. Did Thanos erase my post too? :lol

I had to edit my post after you deleted yours so that it didn't look like I was replying to nobody. :pfft:

lol

Anyway, Darkseid even seeks the anti life equation...that's his whole gimmick in the comics. :lol

If A4 uses time travel or alternate realities, Flashpoint is screwed too. :lol

WB/DC should just retire from telling stories at this point, lol.

I just got back from this one. Wow. Marvel has a pair of these:

294625976.jpg

Spoilers galore below, so don't read if you don't want them (and who in their right mind would go into a movie thread on opening weekend before seeing it, anyway?)

Very impressive film overall. A bit of sensory overload, with almost bell to bell action, sprinkled in with drama to keep the story moving along. I was thinking back to DC, and how pathetic and superficial their supposed blockbusters have been in comparison. This was so well executed across the board.

The dark opening was pretty shocking to see. Just piling up on Thor and the poor bastard Asgardians. . .damn. My wife's favorite character in the whole universe was Loki, so. . .she was crying :lol

I saw someone that sorta kinda looked like Valkyrie, but not sure. They've gotta save at least one Asgardian of note for future Thor stories, no?

Red Skull! I hope Marvel recognizes now that they've been doing themselves a bit disservice with him MIA. The single most important Marvel villain needs to be in these movies, stirring **** up.

End of credit scene was pretty nifty. Curious to see how they handle all of this now.

One way the drama got undercut for me, though, is that it's clear all the death at the end is going to be undone. No way in hell are Star Lord, Spidey and Black Panther gonna bite the dust with mega franchises built around them, and no known contract issues lingering or whatnot. I'm gonna assume that the deaths pre-Thanos finger snap will stay, but the others won't. Vision is a, er, gray area.

Just a blast of a movie. Brolin was amazing. Ending was great, too. You've gotta shake things up once in awhile, and Marvel gets that. Now, time for the X-Men and Fantastic Four to save the day!

Wait, okoye died?
I'm about 99% sure she does not.

--edit:
Also, going in I had a list in my head of who wasn't gonna make it. And that was Iron Man, Cap, Vision, Wong, probably Rhodey, either Drax or Gamora, and maybe Black Panther's sister. I was almost totally wrong :lol

Last edited:

I was expecting to see an Adam Warlock reference at the very end, at least. I wonder if what we saw of that in GOTG 2 was all a red herring. . .

I'm just going to assume that Thor's eye sockets have super sanitizing powers otherwise his new eye is about the nastiest thing in the entire MCU, lol.

Game over man.

lx4JB2n.png

^^ Something looks...familiar :gah:
Of course, the comic companies have been cribbing from each other since their inception (by the way, is this from X-Men/Teen Titans? I haven't read that in years, but isn't that Mankiewicz?). DC taught Marvel the value of men in tights, Marvel taught DC the value of compelling characters and stories, Marvel brought in Jack Kirby who created characters DC ripped off, DC brought in Jack Kirby who created characters Marvel ripped off, etc. But the movies. . .ugh. Justice League feels like Uwe Boll compared to the stuff Marvel Studios is putting out. You've gotta question the executive leadership there, with their lack of understanding of what audiences want and like.

How do you think it should have been brought up since his Celestial powers vanished when they blew up Ego.

Hmmm I thought he kept his powers at the very least he can hold a stone.

I heard CM takes place in the 90's ..... Unless it has a flash forward / backward may not get it there

Ok then IW2 it is lol

Lol at IW's opening weekend out earning JL's lifetime domestic gross.

WB is so screwed. How the hell can DC ever get anyone to care about Darkseid now after what the entire world just witnessed Thanos do in IW.

From Thanos to ehhh Ghost lol

Yawn

WB/DC should just retire from telling stories at this point, lol.

Aquaman lol

Spoilers galore below, so don't read if you don't want them (and who in their right mind would go into a movie thread on opening weekend before seeing it, anyway?)

Very impressive film overall. A bit of sensory overload, with almost bell to bell action, sprinkled in with drama to keep the story moving along. I was thinking back to DC, and how pathetic and superficial their supposed blockbusters have been in comparison. This was so well executed across the board.

The dark opening was pretty shocking to see. Just piling up on Thor and the poor bastard Asgardians. . .damn. My wife's favorite character in the whole universe was Loki, so. . .she was crying :lol

I saw someone that sorta kinda looked like Valkyrie, but not sure. They've gotta save at least one Asgardian of note for future Thor stories, no?

Red Skull! I hope Marvel recognizes now that they've been doing themselves a bit disservice with him MIA. The single most important Marvel villain needs to be in these movies, stirring **** up.

End of credit scene was pretty nifty. Curious to see how they handle all of this now.

One way the drama got undercut for me, though, is that it's clear all the death at the end is going to be undone. No way in hell are Star Lord, Spidey and Black Panther gonna bite the dust with mega franchises built around them, and no known contract issues lingering or whatnot. I'm gonna assume that the deaths pre-Thanos finger snap will stay, but the others won't. Vision is a, er, gray area.

Just a blast of a movie. Brolin was amazing. Ending was great, too. You've gotta shake things up once in awhile, and Marvel gets that. Now, time for the X-Men and Fantastic Four to save the day!

--edit:
Also, going in I had a list in my head of who wasn't gonna make it. And that was Iron Man, Cap, Vision, Wong, probably Rhodey, either Drax or Gamora, and maybe Black Panther's sister. I was almost totally wrong :lol

Yeah time for IW spoiler tags to retire.

Damn not only did kara like IW but so did RLM!

The end is near.

I was expecting to see an Adam Warlock reference at the very end, at least. I wonder if what we saw of that in GOTG 2 was all a red herring. . .

Not a red herring she’s sending AW after the GOTG.

294625976.jpg

--edit:

Dead is dead. Or at least it should be. Especially if you are disintegrated.

I better go check out their review. I only watch Red Letter Media and Joe Bob Briggs for my movie reviews.
Dead is dead. Or at least it should be. Especially if you are disintegrated.
In fairness, it is totally appropriate to the comic that it all gets reversed. If the power of a god is out there, then it's not a big stretch anyway. Hell, we saw one death reversed in this movie!

I better go check out their review. I only watch Red Letter Media and Joe Bob Briggs for my movie reviews.

In fairness, it is totally appropriate to the comic that it all gets reversed. If the power of a god is out there, then it's not a big stretch anyway. Hell, we saw one death reversed in this movie!

Their review is hilarious stuff which should come as no surprise.

WB must have a franchise killing glove lol

If they reverse some or all the deaths, but in exchange they "kill" Cap and Iron Man for a significant amount of time, I think those deaths will not only be more meaningful, but people will not feel cheated by Marvel bringing back to life the IW casualties. Hopefully, if Cap and IM die, it will be a temporary death that leaves the door open for them to return in 5 or 10 years, kind of like Red Skull.

Back