Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guardians 3 will have an interesting dynamic without her (assuming deaths before the snap) are perm.

I really don't think this is going to be the case. I'm guessing one of the original 4 are going to sacrifice themselves in Gamora's stead to obtain the soul stone for the team if they are time jumping in the next one to prevent Thanos from obtaining all the stones.

I just hope this movie event carries the weight of loss. I don't want to see all the OG avengers die. But I'm pretty sure Loki, vision, and gamora are done. James Gunn has a slew of female characters for the guardians. Nebula and Mantis are still a go.

Saw this twice over the weekend, seeing it the second time it was actually better! This film is truly something else, Kevin Fiege could quite possibly be one of the single greatest film producers cinema has ever had, I really can't believe how well they stuck the landing on this film, I'll probably see it 5 times before it's out of theaters, truly incredible.

Even though it ended the way it did and we know where they next part is going based on the set photos we've seen it's really the HOW are they going to get there that's intriguing to me. Can't wait to see this story wrapped up next year and my excitement for Captain Marvel is sky high right now.

For those that have seen the set photos for A4

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

What did you think of IW?

I need to go for a second viewing to really crystalize my thoughts but on first blush it was an amazing whirlwind. I loved the character interactions, the gut-punches, the scope and in general just the momentum.

In the minus column, the post-snap casualties are a bit hard to divorce from meta knowledge. That said, Peter Parker almost got me choked up in spite of my movie nerd pedigree. :lol

I've been mostly quiet because the initial reaction here seemed to be the same-olds embracing any negative RT snippets and the "good movie attributes" box-ticking of the Brainy Smurfs. But I'm glad to see enthusiasm winning the day at the moment. :lol

I was reminded of Ridley Scott responding to criticism of ALIEN - "I didn't have time to develop the characters because I was busy trying to scare the **** out of the audience."

Gleefully looking forward to my second viewing.

I need to go for a second viewing to really crystalize my thoughts but on first blush it was an amazing whirlwind. I loved the character interactions, the gut-punches, the scope and in general just the momentum.

In the minus column, the post-snap casualties are a bit hard to divorce from meta knowledge. That said, Peter Parker almost got me choked up in spite of my movie nerd pedigree. :lol

I've been mostly quiet because the initial reaction here seemed to be the same-olds embracing any negative RT snippets and the "good movie attributes" box-ticking of the Brainy Smurfs. But I'm glad to see enthusiasm winning the day at the moment. :lol

Gleefully looking forward to my second viewing.

Yeah this one definitely took some time to "settle" for me as well and honestly I didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing. But in retrospect and in reading some of the points here my initial shock has definitely settled on the "stunned amazement" side as I'm finding myself more and more blown away by what was just accomplished on screen.

And yeah Spider-Man was basically "yeah right like he's going to stay dea--uh, wow this is really emotional, uh heh heh, something in my eye let me get that--" lol.

Last edited:
avengers bingo.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not familiar with the comic story line that much so I'm not sure how far they've strayed from the comic so far but I don't think

Spoiler Spoiler:

I keep thinking back on the MCU series and how ridiculous it is- an unfathomable accomplishment, except they did it. It really is a wonderful time to be a geek.

Even if you're a misery junky...when have you guys had so much popular media with a childhood destroying option to lament?

Good times for errrbuddy.

WB: "Marvel just made 19 successful films and lightning has now stricken a third time (fourth if you include CW) for an Avengers team-up movie. That's impossible."

TLJ Leia: "Yes. And they've done it."

I keep thinking back on the MCU series and how ridiculous it is- an unfathomable accomplishment, except they did it. It really is a wonderful time to be a geek.

Even if you're a misery junky...when have you guys had so much popular media with a childhood destroying option to lament?

Good times for errrbuddy.

Unless you are only a DC fan. :lol

I'm not familiar with the comic story line that much so I'm not sure how far they've strayed from the comic so far but I don't think

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back