Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've edited a pic of the bust that was scaned to created GotG Thanos model.
I just don't care for the big lipped scarfaced human lookin' Thanos.
He looks so much cooler in dem oldschool comix.

JDn6d6V.jpg

Would’ve been a big mistake going with a generic alien face.

Audiences attached a ton more with Thanos with him looking like an actor we know.

Look at Cull Obsidian just a generic alien, no attachment to him other than a brute.

Same for Steppenwolf.

They lucked out with Ebony Maw.

Mustache covering Superman looked worse than all of them lol

Would’ve been a big mistake going with a generic alien face.
Audiences attached a ton more with character looking like an actor they know.
Thanks for this wonderful quote from the "How to Make Money in Hollywood" book.

Thanks for this wonderful quote from the "How to Make Money in Hollywood" book.

Well they don’t spend 300 million dollars with the intention of not making money.

George Romero was once asked why he made the low budget Night of the Living Dead and he famously answered “To make money what other reason is there!”

Never allow yourself to be shackled by intelligence.

Last edited:
Well they don’t spend 300 million dollars with the intention of not making money.
That's beside the point.

George Romero
Bring the source up for legitimacy and context tho.
Because I don't remember that.
But I DO remember this:

"Because of World War Z and The Walking Dead, I can’t pitch a modest little zombie film, which is meant to be sociopolitical. I used to be able to pitch them on the basis of the zombie action, and I could hide the message inside that. Now, you can’t. The moment you mention the word “zombie,” it’s got to be, ‘Hey, Brad Pitt paid $400 million to do that."

"In 2007, Diary of the Dead all of a sudden made money. I was blindsided by that. One of the producers said, ‘Let’s make another one quick.’ I didn’t know what else I could talk about. Diary of the Dead talked about how social media is haunting us today. I didn’t have anything else to talk about. So I decided to go back to the original premise of misunderstanding and people not being able to see each other’s point of view. I said I’ll do this one as a western and the next one as a noir. So did the western, nobody liked it, and the other one fell away. Then, all of a sudden, here came The Walking Dead. So you couldn’t [have] a zombie film that had any sort of substance."

I still think the best looking Thanos is the one from Avengers, but in retrospect, that version seems to have a very different personality and seems more villainous and comic accurate. That was the true death loving Thanos from the comics in a quick cameo before Feige and Marvel had any idea of where they were going with the character.

However, I don't mind Brolin Thanos because he's a completely different version, with a different personality, much more sympathetic and "human", which made him a very effective character in IW. Given Brolin Thanos motivation in IW, I don't think traditional evil looking alien Thanos from Avengers would work. He'd be another Steppenwolf.

I don't mind Brolin Thanos because he's a completely different version, with a different personality, much more sympathetic and "human", which made him a very effective character in IW. Given IW Thanos motivation, I don't think traditional evil looking alien Thanos from Avengers would work.
I agree that given how they've changed character's story and motivation it makes sense to change his looks too.
Tho I still don't care for the boring generic Brolinface or the way he played him. Too subdued and without substance.

I don’t owe you a source because I don’t collect a salary from you if you want it please go look for it yourself lol
I'm only askin' because you brought it up. Without the source it'd mean that you've intentionally misquoted George Romero to prove a point that all movies are made for money only. Look at this stupid situation you've got yourself into just because you think you know something about something. :dunno

I agree that given how they've changed character's story and motivation it makes sense to change his looks too.
Tho I still don't care for the boring generic Brolinface or the way he played him. Too subdued and without substance.

I'm only askin' because you brought it up. Without the source it'd mean that you've intentionally misquoted George Romero to prove a point that all movies are made for money only. Look at this stupid situation you've got yourself into just because you think you know something about something. :dunno

:lol :lol :lol :lol

If you say so lol

No no my bad Riddick is right investors loan millions of dollars to make movies out of the kindness of their hearts.

When BR2049 didn’t earn back its budget the investors threw a party to celebrate their loss of money lol

Back