Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's beside the point.

Bring the source up for legitimacy and context tho.
Because I don't remember that.
But I DO remember this:

"Because of World War Z and The Walking Dead, I can’t pitch a modest little zombie film, which is meant to be sociopolitical. I used to be able to pitch them on the basis of the zombie action, and I could hide the message inside that. Now, you can’t. The moment you mention the word “zombie,” it’s got to be, ‘Hey, Brad Pitt paid $400 million to do that."

"In 2007, Diary of the Dead all of a sudden made money. I was blindsided by that. One of the producers said, ‘Let’s make another one quick.’ I didn’t know what else I could talk about. Diary of the Dead talked about how social media is haunting us today. I didn’t have anything else to talk about. So I decided to go back to the original premise of misunderstanding and people not being able to see each other’s point of view. I said I’ll do this one as a western and the next one as a noir. So did the western, nobody liked it, and the other one fell away. Then, all of a sudden, here came The Walking Dead. So you couldn’t [have] a zombie film that had any sort of substance."

Yeah but after Day of the Dead he was able to make 3 more Zombie flix and they all sucked.

None of it matters without a good story.

Romero probably should have worried about a good story rather then a social / political one.

He may have been able to get another one made if he did that. He's lucky he got anything after Land of the Dead.

Thanos was done well and everyone liked him because it was a good story and he was a great character.

Does not really matter what Thanos looked like if the movie / character sucked.

Having said all this they could have gone with the pic you posted... But that just looks like an older version of the one we saw.. So its not really that big a deal.. He looked more the part of a all powerful badass in the movie... More then the pic you posted anyways.

Last edited:
Does not really matter what Thanos looked like if the movie / character sucked.
True. Both sucked so it doesn't really matter now. :D
Tho if he was lookin' more comicbooky then dem figures could at least look cool. Oh well...

Yeah, look at Batffleck in BVS.
Exactly! Those action figures are statues were freakin' awesome.
So yeah, the looks matter a lot.

Koto's 1/6 statue was pretty damn cool but I didn't like the pose back then.

thanos-1.jpg

Now I regret not gettin' it when I could, of course.

Koto's 1/6 statue was pretty damn cool but I didn't like the pose back then.

thanos-1.jpg

Now I regret not gettin' it when I could, of course.

Don’t worry. More thanos statues will be coming out soon. No doubt. More comic inspired. I’m sure sideshow will do a 1/4 scale thanos

Remember how ripped JK Simmons got for his 1 minute Commissioner Gordon role underneath 3 layers of clothing in JL lol

Come back to Marvel JK. I see no reason why you can't be Jonah Jameson for a different Spiderman much as your Qs and Ms stayed the same for different Bonds.

Back