Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???

It was a sequel to a movie that made no money.... 30 years ago. They knew the franchise was DOA but they made it anyways, and it was really good. It didn’t make money, I don’t think they expected it to. It did make people turn their heads and in return picked up lots of accolades.

One can argue DvD sales but we all know that’s not what makes the money. :dunno

Tell me, oh so wise one, what was the financial benefit to even make a movie like BR2049 with a massive budget that they knew would underperform?

You should be an expert in this field, considering the posts about your wife you should be familiar with underperformance.

qrdJkky.jpg

As long as you're keeping score, do I need to report to you when -- and if -- I ever see either of these?

Dr. Strange I want to see.

JL I could care less about.

???

It was a sequel to a movie that made no money.... 30 years ago. They knew the franchise was DOA but they made it anyways, and it was really good. It didn’t make money, I don’t think they expected it to. It did make people turn their heads and in return picked up lots of accolades.

One can argue DvD sales but we all know that’s not what makes the money. :dunno

Tell me, oh so wise one, what was the financial benefit to even make a movie like BR2049 with a massive budget that they knew would underperform?

You should be an expert in this field, considering the posts about your wife you should be familiar with underperformance.

Ok I did lol with your last sentence you should just keep that and delete the rest of your post because it’s painful to read lol

What I highlighted in bold is so insane i’m just going to chalk it off to you being someone very young.

So they made BR2049 even though they were not expecting it to make money?! Oh man lol

But great job on that last sentence even if you are still naive to capitalism you have at least mastered insulting 101 but I did provide a good foundation if I may say so myself lol

Last edited:
Ok I did lol with your last sentence you should just keep that and delete the rest of your post because it’s painful to read lol

What I highlighted in bold is so insane i’m just going to chalk it off to you being someone very young.

But great job on that last sentence even if you are still naive to capitalism you have at least mastered insulting 101 but I did provide a good foundation if I may say so myself lol

So.... you won’t answer because you know the user Riddick is right then? Is that what you’re saying? Please, back up with FACTS that the studio thought Blade Runner would even break even, that’s right, you can’t. :lol

You’re already making up quotes from directors to generate more power towards your wrong point of view, if I were you, I’d stop there before you get into a big backtracking mess.

Remember how ripped JK Simmons got for his 1 minute Commissioner Gordon role underneath 3 layers of clothing in JL lol

That was one of the things i was thinking about after that movie LOL. But also afleck who got “fat” for the reshoots lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So IW get the record for fastest film to a Billion. Without China. This is destined to take away the crown from AA. Damn

So.... you won’t answer because you know the user Riddick is right then? Is that what you’re saying? Please, back up with FACTS that the studio thought Blade Runner would even break even, that’s right, you can’t. :lol

You’re already making up quotes from directors to generate more power towards your wrong point of view, if I were you, I’d stop there before you get into a big backtracking mess.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No no you’re right what was I thinking.

WB ABSOLUTELY made that movie fully expecting it to lose movie.

They even told the director, writers, producers and Harrison Ford “Look we’re going to spend 150 million but we FULLY EXPECT this movie to bomb, we are 100% confident we are throwing this money away so now lets go make art!”

Villeneuve and Ford said they ONLY took the job because they knew the movie would bomb otherwise they weren’t interested.

I know right isn’t that cool of them!

Thank you for clarifying the movie industry for me my head was in the sand all this time.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets lost $250mil. I heard it was a beautiful sci fi movie. I expect investors to dive in again for the sequel...

I've edited a pic of the bust that was scaned to created GotG Thanos model.
I just don't care for the big lipped scarfaced human lookin' Thanos.
He looks so much cooler in dem oldschool comix.

JDn6d6V.jpg
I don't think I've seen an edit of yours that isn't an improvement.

I don't dislike Brolin Thanos, but he could look a little different than just bald Brolin.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets lost $250mil. I heard it was a beautiful sci fi movie.
You heard wrong.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets lost $250mil. I heard it was a beautiful sci fi movie. I expect investors to dive in again for the sequel...

Yup and they made it knowing it wouldn’t even break even because you know that’s how Hollywood works lol

I wonder how much money NECA lost making those BR 2049 figures instead of making figures from IT.
Had they made figures from the original, they would've sold out instantly.

I love 2049 but it doesn't make for interesting toys.

They're just Gosling and Ford in regular clothes :lol

If I wanted a Goose, I'd take Drive or The Place Beyond The Pines.

Had they made figures from the original, they would've sold out instantly.

I love 2049 but it doesn't make for interesting toys.

They're just Gosling and Ford in regular clothes :lol

If I wanted a Goose, I'd take Drive or The Place Beyond The Pines.

Randy is a big fan of Drive, but doesn't think the figure would sell. :(

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No no you’re right what was I thinking.

WB ABSOLUTELY made that movie fully expecting it to lose movie.

They even told the director, writers, producers and Harrison Ford “Look we’re going to spend 150 million but we FULLY EXPECT this movie to bomb, we are 100% confident we are throwing this money away so now lets go make art!”

Villeneuve and Ford said they ONLY took the job because they knew the movie would bomb otherwise they weren’t interested.

I know right isn’t that cool of them!

Thank you for clarifying the movie industry for me my head was in the sand all this time.

Why are your examples so extreme? You know it doesn’t make you sound right, right?

You are getting closer, yes, of course they were hoping for a profit (as always) but that’s not at all the reason the movie was made. There’s a difference between “hoping” a movie like BR2049 makes money and “knowing” it will make money. Look at the first Blade Runner’s performance and that’s pretty clear.

Look at ANY film that’s not part of a franchise, and that’s pretty clear.

Marvel KNOWS that they can make money from Avengers, that’s why they made it.
WB didn’t know BR2049 was gonna make money, from the start, the get-go, that was up in the air. And it didn’t, to no one’s surprise. It took many people by surprise that they were even making another one.

IN B4 “Buh movies are only made for money buhhhh lol”

Back