Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

I don't need a major character death for a film to be satisfying or meaningful. IMO Civil War was tough enough (thanks to some stellar actors and awesome Russos and writers). Can't watch Guardians 2 or Ultron without getting irritated like all that was for "effect". Which I don't think is supposed to happen.:monkey3

But. Srsly thought it was *chilling* when earlier this year both the Russos and Feige were sayin' stuff like the "audience needs to be prepared":horror. Don't remember that ever happening before re films. E.g sounds to me like one or more beloved character will be gone:monkey2.

I'm guessing Cap for sure re the comics and foreshadowing through all of his films. Maybe IM or maybe IM will live, but just be so DONE and the torch gets passed to Spidey (and to Captain Marvel and BP etc.).

Tho I'd love a Bucky-Cap and he's a badass Cap in the comics:cool:. Or both Bucky and Cap could go down together in an *unexpected twist* and do the "not without you" bonded brothers/no man left behind thing, leaving Falcon to be Cap. And there could be wild card stuff like Drax going for it once too often (ending up with his wife and daughter:()

Thing is, we probably won't know until IW #2. I bet IW #1 ends on a *bleep* cliffhanger. Probably w. Thanos & co. having beaten everyone's @ss and crunching over the bones like a scene from Terminator.

For all the crap CW gets that final act/battle was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how Infinity War will beat TWS - by the very nature of what it will be doing - it's going to be a ridiculous combination of characters with all of them having to have their moments - basically the things people criticised about Civil War increased and intensified.

For me TWS/CW is equivalent to a woman enjoying your maximun effort so IW will be that woman climaxing as your gift for your maximum effort.

The final act makes no sense, why would there be a ****ing camera on a light pole (full color btw, for what? the 70's or something?), that happens to be a perfect angle to see the murder of starks parents, in the middle of nowhere?

For me TWS/CW is equivalent to a woman enjoying your maximun effort so IW will be that woman climaxing as your gift for your maximum effort.

1xtx4e.jpg

...by the very nature of what it will be doing - it's going to be a ridiculous combination of characters with all of them having to have their moments - basically the things people criticised about Civil War increased and intensified.

You just read my mind.

The potential is still there, it's all a matter of whether or not it's executed well.

The final act makes no sense, why would there be a ****ing camera on a light pole (full color btw, for what? the 70's or something?), that happens to be a perfect angle to see the murder of starks parents, in the middle of nowhere?
It's just the icing on the cake after everyone seein' crappy footage of someone lookin' like Winter Soldier (who was actually hidin' since TWS as a regular dude) and jumpin' to conclusions, then somehow figurin' out where he's hidin' and tryin' to capture him (ageless super soldier assassin) in broad daylight. :lol

The whole movie makes no sense. It's a stupid ****ing movie that ruined the awesome momentum TWS brought to the Cap franchise.

It's for me the most frustrating movie to come from the MCU.

:exactly:

I get *unholy joy* from the apartment battle too:lol. Bucky's escape. I like the airport battle. Heck, I love CW.:cool:

*Shrug* folks are never gonna be completely 100% happy unless they make their own movie. IW 1 & 2 will get a lot of **** too no matter how overall good they are.

IWtrailer_no.jpg

*Shrug* folks are never gonna be completely 100% happy unless they make their own movie.
IW 1 & 2 will get a lot of **** too no matter how overall good they are.
- I like First Avenger and TWS.
- Hey, I like them too. High five!

- But I don't really like Civil War...
- Take your stinking paw off me you damn dirty hater!!!

. . .

Sometimes I wonder why even bother with talkin' about movies on the internet.
Clueless fanatics or cynical haters, either way you'll end up bein' the whipping boy.
:dunno

It's just the icing on the cake after everyone seein' crappy footage of someone lookin' like Winter Soldier (who was actually hidin' since TWS as a regular dude) and jumpin' to conclusions, then somehow figurin' out where he's hidin' and tryin' to capture him (ageless super soldier assassin) in broad daylight. :lol

Just sayin' 'coz if folks don't take to a movie or a character they just don't, and that's ok (like current DC color grading for me is physically painful or at least what I've seen in JL trailers *my eyes*)

but IMO between TWS and CW think that's pretty well spelled out. BW had dumped Hydra files to the 'net, and if it were real life James Barnes images and whatever footage was shot in DC when the carriers went down would have been all over. The Winter Soldier was no secret by CW - even the background news sez "linked to numerous assassinations". So IMO it's no big thing that an idle news guy is running his stall and phones in a tip that actually checks out.

Why wouldn't they go after a guy who's hard to find in broad daylight? It's not like a whole compound of folks re zero-dark-thirty or a whole nest of druggies. I know military likes to go when folks are at a low ebb at night, but they sent Special Forces guys in full gear.

Re the BW security camera - well, in theory what Tony really sees IS the grainy BW footage - the colored shots are for the movie audience. Which *may* leave the door open for Howard Stark to re-appear:dunno. Or not. Personally I hope he doesn't and Tony just comes to understand that his father was just involved in what Hydra was doing, making super soldiers (except for the U.S.). 2 sides of the same coin:(.

- I like First Avenger and TWS.
- Hey, I like them too. High five!

- But I don't really like Civil War...
- Take your stinking paw off me you damn dirty hater!!!

. . .

Sometimes I wonder why even bother with talkin' about movies on the internet.
Clueless fanatics or cynical haters, either way you'll end up bein' the whipping boy.
:dunno

'Coz not bein' talked about = BO bomb. Unless you watch for laughs.:monkey3

greatest-film-flops.jpg

Just sayin' 'coz if folks don't take to a movie or a character they just don't, and that's ok (like current DC color grading for me is physically painful or at least what I've seen in JL trailers *my eyes*)

but IMO between TWS and CW think that's pretty well spelled out. BW had dumped Hydra files to the 'net, and if it were real life James Barnes images and whatever footage was shot in DC when the carriers went down would have been all over. The Winter Soldier was no secret by CW - even the background news sez "linked to numerous assassinations". So IMO it's no big thing that an idle news guy is running his stall and phones in a tip that actually checks out.

Why wouldn't they go after a guy who's hard to find in broad daylight? It's not like a whole compound of folks re zero-dark-thirty or a whole nest of druggies. I know military likes to go when folks are at a low ebb at night, but they sent Special Forces guys in full gear.

Re the BW security camera - well, in theory what Tony really sees IS the grainy BW footage - the colored shots are for the movie audience. Which *may* leave the door open for Howard Stark to re-appear:dunno. Or not. Personally I hope he doesn't and Tony just comes to understand that his father was just involved in what Hydra was doing, making super soldiers (except for the U.S.). 2 sides of the same coin:(.

Still doesn't explain camera at perfect angle. Or why it's there in the first place. This breaks the entire last act.

Px6TP8y.gif

At this point it's not worth debating.
All facts are there so one can either ignore them or not.

Still doesn't explain camera at perfect angle. Or why it's there in the first place. This breaks the entire last act.

While the whole thing has raised an eyebrow for me, I don't think it's that far fetched that Howard Stark - a CEO who also helped found SHIELD, a spy organization - set cameras for surveillance outside of his home ... Tony does say, "I know that road." I'm thinking it's not too far from the actual house. *shrug*

While the whole thing has raised an eyebrow for me, I don't think it's that far fetched that Howard Stark - a CEO who also helped found SHIELD, a spy organization - set cameras for surveillance outside of his home ... Tony does say, "I know that road." I'm thinking it's not too far from the actual house. *shrug*

What the ****? No. :lol

That's as delusional as Khev coming up with his own Star Wars cannon.

Tony would know that and not wonder how his pops died for so long.

Srsly not arguing. Just sayin' for me it just seemed like one of those random security cameras - I dunno tech history, re 1991 maybe that's when everyone started installing stuff like that. I do think the point is made that the footage is pretty grainy (compared to current tech). No way to spell everything out in a film, but it may have been one of Howard Stark's own security cameras on a lonely road that led to whatever plush house he had. To me it just felt like Howard and wife had left the house and WS was lying in wait. E.g. Hydra had been tracking Howard for a while.

Back