Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

bad writing?!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe there's a reward for unlocking the greatest mystery in the history of cinema. :lol

obsessed.jpg

Is this nerd-shaming on a board where folks routinely spend hundreds, thousands, camp in lines without showers until the ground under them collapses from the fumes and where actual fights have broken out over lines of dialogue...just sayin':monkey3:lol

Anyway, I know that I personally have a *mentally stable* attitude toward these films....:monkey3

cosplay.jpg

Look, gotta pass the time somehow until that *&&^%$ IW trailer:cool:. It's just a movie too. An advertisement for a movie.:cool: and I totally won't have the phone off and be pretending to be sick so I can watch it 1,000 times. :monkey3

logo.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!:cool:

And: https://www.thewrap.com/josh-brolin-avengers-infinity-war-godfather-thanos-russo-brothers/

In a recent interview with Collider, when asked how was it like to work with “Infinity War” directors the Russo Brothers, Brolin said, “Look, I got Joe Russo who’s constantly resourcing like ‘The Godfather’ and, ‘You have a gun to his ******* head.’ I’m like, ‘I love you so much.”

Brolin added, “The fact that you’re taking an ‘Avengers’ scenario and you’re turning it into a ‘Godfather’ thing for us to be able to kind of hang our hat on is great, and to emotionalize the whole thing.”

Guess some folks will be enthused over Captain Marvel:dunno. Personally think IW 1 &2 should focus on the characters we know and their arcs and hopefully not become a sort of advertisement for upcoming phases. Or start the Wonder Woman/DC competition. While it may take a lot to beat Thanos it's not like Scarlet Witch wasn't supposed to be coming into her powers, there's Dr. Strange, Tony and BP tech, and so on. The characters that came to define the MCU in its first phases deserve full, complete, arcs IMO. I hope CM's a glorified cameo in IW2 but doesn't sound that way. Screen time is tight enough already and there's stuff we never even got from the first phases, like a Black Widow movie. For me I'd rather see SW come into her own in a big way in IW2.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/870323/Avengers-Infinity-War-Captain-Marvel-Brie-Larson-Avengers-4-Samuel-L-Jackson-Nick-Fury
AVENGERS INFINITY WAR producer Kevin Feige has teased Captain Marvel’s “big part” in closing Marvel Phase 3 and Avengers 4.

Next year sees the release of Avengers Infinity War, the first part of the epic 10 year conclusion to this era of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

But before the second half, in the form of 2019’s Avengers 4, are two solo movies: Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel.

The latter stars Brie Larson in the MCU’s first female solo and now Marvel producer Kevin Feige has teased how important the film and superhero are to concluding this part of the franchise’s story.

Speaking with IndieWire, he said: “There are a lot of discussions, they all focus on the post-Phase Three, Avengers 4 film, so nothing that we’ll get into publicly.”The producer continued: “We’re really focusing on Captain Marvel and the work that Anna and Ryan are doing. It’s going to be a big part of heading towards this epic conclusion and epic finale of 22 movies over the course of 10 years.

“That is focus for the next six movies we have to finish and get out.

“Really, the focus now is on delivering Captain Marvel and then bringing Captain Marvel’s story into the finale of everything we’ve started thus far.”

Isn't Captain Marvel in between part 1 and 2?

Yeah. And in theory her intro to the MCU would be as well done as Spiderman, BP, Antman. For myself tho, didn't want to see her rolling up as a deus ex machina re Infinity War 2 'coz IMO this should be Cap's moment, Tony's moment, Wanda's moment, Bucky's moment, Thor's moment etc.

'Coz I know Captain Marvel is one of the faces of the "new MCU" w. more films coming. But I'd like to see the first MCU phases wind up in a *satisfying* way re the characters I've been watching all this time. Tho I don't KNOW that will happen and for me hope the Russos will take care of the story arcs they helped build in the first place. VS. the shadow of Wonder Woman and all that. DC got to the plate first anyway re the big female superhero movie - can't win all the time.:cool:

https://www.facebook.com/jim.starlin.94/posts/1870869212928108

I wanted to take a few days before commenting on my visit to the Avengers: The Infinity War set; giving myself time to consider what exactly I should and could say about the trip. As it is with all big budget high profile movie productions part of the visit involved me putting my John Hancock to a non disclosure agreement, which I gladly signed. So no spoilers in this post.
But what I can say is that absolutely everyone in the cast and crew went out of their way to make Sonny and I feel welcome. The biggest surprise was how open everyone was with us about what they were doing. I learned far more about the two movies than I was expecting.
So because of that I want to tell all you Thanos fans out there, without giving anything away, you’re not going to be disappointed, far from it. I truly believe folks will be pleasantly shocked by how delightfully different these two movies will be from previous Marvel films. Joe, Anthony, Chris, Stephen and the rest of the gang have my complete confidence in their ushering of our favorite Mad Titan out from the world of comics and into the Marvel cinematic universe. My first born leaves the nest to wreck havoc on the heavens. What more could a proud father hope for?

Well, OK, just make me a little more crazed for an advertisement for a movie I won't see for months:lol Heck, I'd PAY to see an IW trailer.:google

An just sayin' I don't need the MCU movies to be "different" I just need the Russos to bring it the way they have for TWS and CW.:love

I didn't know Thanos' daddy had a problem with Marvel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thanos-creator-complains-marvel-treatment-699746

also

https://mcuexchange.com/jim-starlin-ready-close-mr-russo/

Sounds like the comic-loving Russos are more than happy to involve a writer/creator in their films - re TWS seems like Ed Brubaker's input was helpful esp. for Sebastian Stan; and Brubaker had a TWS cameo. So IMO it's great that Starlin had a set visit and hope he gets his cameo, too. As to whether Starlin is in the right for wanting more money re Thanos etc. - dunno enough about how comic writers get paid.:dunno

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thanos-creator-complains-marvel-treatment-699746

also

https://mcuexchange.com/jim-starlin-ready-close-mr-russo/

Sounds like the comic-loving Russos are more than happy to involve a writer/creator in their films - re TWS seems like Ed Brubaker's input was helpful esp. for Sebastian Stan; and Brubaker had a TWS cameo. So IMO it's great that Starlin had a set visit and hope he gets his cameo, too. As to whether Starlin is in the right for wanting more money re Thanos etc. - dunno enough about how comic writers get paid.:dunno

Wow...that is just terrible.

Starlin wrote that he was “not sure what I’m going to do now, seeing as how I can’t do any further Thanos/Adam Warlock stories, as was the plan.”
In a later comment made in the same thread, he elaborated further. “This time, after I brought Adam Warlock back from the dead in the Infinity Revelation [graphic novel], someone at Marvel anonymously put a corporation-wide-no-use restriction on the character, effectively putting the breaks on the on-going plans I had for him and [Thanos],”

I would hate for the MCU to become canon in the books too. The MCU is fine for what it is, away and with no relation to the comics, but the movie characters and some of the changes they've made are garbage when compared to the original ideas and characters.

I would hate for the MCU to become canon in the books too. The MCU is fine for what it is, away and with no relation to the comics, but the movie characters and some of the changes they've made are garbage when compared to the original ideas and characters.

There's plenty of garbage in the comics.

Wow...that is just terrible.

That’d be horrible. It’d erase years of history. This is why I hate the comic side of marvel right now. There decisions are so stupid.

Back