Back to the Future 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any interest?

a Marty Mcfly with the Flying skateboard would be kinda cool,and i think i would buy it along with a Dr Brown,not worth spending 150$+++ but a 90$ piece from Ht would be nice.

Doc in the exact same clothes you see in the pic,with the Remote Controller and all...

Lots of interest, but won't ever happen.
I don't know, a lot of cult-favorite old-school movie characters have received the 1/6 treatment in the past from various companies. So, I wouldn't say that it won't ever happen. Though the chances might not be any better than any other movie from the 80s, I wouldn't say that they would be any worse, either.

I don't know, a lot of cult-favorite old-school movie characters have received the 1/6 treatment in the past from various companies. So, I wouldn't say that it won't ever happen. Though the chances might not be any better than any other movie from the 80s, I wouldn't say that they would be any worse, either.

Well Im of the belief it won't happen because Mike J Fox is notorious for not liking figures of himself/not giving his likeness rights out.

Well Im of the belief it won't happen because Mike J Fox is notorious for not liking figures of himself/not giving his likeness rights out.
Well looks like things are changing. I also mentioned this on another thread.

The following quote from Michael J. Fox was from the Dec 2007 issue of Esquire magazine.
https://www.esquire.com/features/what-ive-learned/michaeljfox0108
"I was never big on lunch boxes and all that stuff, and I look at it now and think, God, how much money I turned down. Oh, ****, I’d do it in a heartbeat now."
All throughout the 90s and early 2000, MJF and his people denied companies for likeness approval. But now it appears that he has changed his mind. With 2010 being the 25th Anniversary of BTTF, this is the perfect time for companies to approach Michael for likeness approval. And they just might end up with an agreement.

And even if they can't make Marty figures, they should continue with other characters including the DeLorean.

Although Hot Toys would be great, I don't think they will pursue the license. I hope NECA will consider making these.

All throughout the 90s and early 2000, MJF and his people denied companies for likeness approval. But now it appears that he has changed his mind. With 2010 being the 25th Anniversary of BTTF, this is the perfect time for companies to approach Michael for likeness approval. And they just might end up with an agreement.
Given this, it seems like some company could at least have a chance to sway him. Particularly if, say, they offered to use some of the profits for Parkinson's research. . .

I really hope Hot Toys will make these figures, and after a few weeks removed the Michael J. Fox one from their site and just let us with a blonde Christopher Lloyd...

Michael J Fox has turned down every offer to make a figure in his likeness. Kubricks are as close as were are gonna yet it looks like. Even with that quote I think he is just following a natural train of thought....I have a sinking feeling that he'll still balk at the money even if they donate to Parkinson's on top of it. Christopher Lloyd is more agreeable to the idea but one without the other is not exactly the same.

A Marty McFly 1/6 figure is my Holy Grail of figures and if HT nabbed a way to make one in the likeness of Michael J Fox I would gladly pay $150 for it, hell I'd pay EnterBay Bruce Lee prices for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back