"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8426_zps24fa1221.jpg

IMG_8431_zpsaafa7505.jpg

Ski

Just repainted this for my brother (Rdeezy)... the original was from Sals studio.

Before
a5umusut.jpg

After
ypa8yget.jpg

Different lighting
y6aza9aj.jpg

Killer repaint... what's funny, is when I first saw the post I was looking at the first image and thinking "well... he did a pretty good job" but it could be better :lol Can't believe people are being charged $180 for that :huh

Nice work Rahmier84 it looks 10x better. I have a couple of ESTUDIO PROTEUS sculpts coming my way to repaint.

I wish Sal would save us the job stripping the sculpt and just sell them unpainted :lol

The studio was a good business plan but when people have to pay top dollar for a painted sculpt then pay for a repainted after they tend to feel a bit screwed over.

Just ridiculous... and I have to agree. If the paint quality was there it would still be too much, but at least justified with the model. But to force people to pay premium prices for sub-par paint work is just unacceptable.

Maybe they'll get their **** together, but so far all of the Trevor heads I've seen have been pretty bad.

Thank GB....yeah its a ripoff really. I would be pissed if I paid all that and had to pay to get it repainted....

To add to it there turnaround time and communication is terrible.
I'm coming up on two months since placing my order and the only communication I've had is when they confirmed my order was done and they were awaiting my second payment when I had already paid the full price. I've asked them to confirm they received my full payment and the status of order with no response. Funny how when I wanted to place an order I got a response within the hour.

Honestly getting in contact with sal's personal email may be the only good way to get them to take note of your request. I emailed him once and he replied very quickly, I'll try to dig to see if I can find it.

Killer repaint... what's funny, is when I first saw the post I was looking at the first image and thinking "well... he did a pretty good job" but it could be better :lol Can't believe people are being charged $180 for that :huh

Just ridiculous... and I have to agree. If the paint quality was there it would still be too much, but at least justified with the model. But to force people to pay premium prices for sub-par paint work is just unacceptable.

Maybe they'll get their **** together, but so far all of the Trevor heads I've seen have been pretty bad.

Sal blames the high price on Trev's percentage but back in the good ol days he was only charging $35 for a cast and that was including the costs of casting and molding. Considering that i doubt he asks for much.

IMO this whole set up is pushing people in to the recast option. You can pay $200 for the original plus 2 paint jobs or half the price for a recast and 1 paint job :dunno

Sal blames the high price on Trev's percentage but back in the good ol days he was only charging $35 for a cast and that was including the costs of casting and molding. Considering that i doubt he asks for much.

It's just a different time and circumstances I guess... still holding out hope we'll see a legit resource for unpainted casts. I personally can't justify paying $180 for any single head... espexially when you can get an incredible looking Rainman head painted by Aeon for $120 :huh

It's just a different time and circumstances I guess... still holding out hope we'll see a legit resource for unpainted casts. I personally can't justify paying $180 for any single head... espexially when you can get an incredible looking Rainman head painted by Aeon for $120 :huh

Im guessing you missed out on them when they were cheap :lol
I was lucky and bought them ages ago but saved painting them till i thought i was ready.

Sadly i don't see better source for these heads any time soon. Trev is to nice a guy to cut of his set up with Sal without good reason but hopefully he is taking notice of these negative comments from Sal's customers.

I'm looking forward to Trevor's future walter headsculpts personally. This one is great but not hot toys level. IMO.

Im guessing you missed out on them when they were cheap :lol
I was lucky and bought them ages ago but saved painting them till i thought i was ready.

Sadly i don't see better source for these heads any time soon. Trev is to nice a guy to cut of his set up with Sal without good reason but hopefully he is taking notice of these negative comments from Sal's customers.

Nah, I wasn't into the show at the time and it kind of violates my collecting rules as it's not scifi or fantasy.

But I did get an original from another member and I just started painting it yesterday... beautiful sculpt, even more detail once there's paint on it than I realized :lol

You're right, this is NOT the case. The prices are not up to Trevor in the end, and he was most likely still making more doing them himself for $40 shipped back in the day.

Back