Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my set up for now.
Picture013.jpg
[/IMG]

is Joker playing with his junk?? :lol

Cool man, your head looks pretty different to most imho, something about it. not quite sure, but it looks really cool. paint application i think

I took this pic and I didn't mean to get so close, but I think it looks kinda cool so I made it my avatar. :lol

1233710831.jpg

Edit: Changed my avatar again, because that proportions to that one looked weird.

1233855344-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so this has probably been mentioned a couple of hundred times, but a quick search for "backwards" of the thread doesn't show anything...

Has anyone else noticed that the bullet in the magazine for the small gun is sculpted backwards?

Ok, so this has probably been mentioned a couple of hundred times, but a quick search for "backwards" of the thread doesn't show anything...

Has anyone else noticed that the bullet in the magazine for the small gun is sculpted backwards?

Yep. But it fits in both ways. You wouldn't be able to tell it was backwards when it is in the gun though.

I notice the mask was a bit dirtied, compared to the previous BR Joker release. Maybe mine is the later wave release?
P1000820.jpg

P1000794.jpg

Yep. But it fits in both ways. You wouldn't be able to tell it was backwards when it is in the gun though.

Oh yeah, I know, but I still found it interesting that they messed that up, given how attentive they are to detail. Then again, they also put Iron Man's missiles in backwards...maybe there's an anti-gun lobbiest working silently within Hot Toys....:lol

Anyway, because not enough people have given their thoughts on this guy, I thought I'd throw in my two cents on the BR Joker that arrived today.

I fully expected after getting this home that I'd rip off his head, put it on the V1 body, fiddle around with the accessories a little before deciding that the knife still looks best, and then throw the box in the closet never to be bothered with again, until I needed a TT body for something.

But then I discovered what you guys have known for months and what somehow didn't come across to me in the pictures...this is an awesome figure. Granted, I don't really know what he looks like with the regular head on - the first thing I did was to put it on my V1 body and futz that one, and I don't think I'll ever be taking it off. But the actual BR figure looks really cool too, especially the mask. The scale is actually right both with and without the mask on (unlike poor Bruce - I did strip the BRJ and put the Toys2 suit on it to see how Bruce would look. The answer? Like he has a tiny head. The Joker head by contrast looked great, and it makes the clothes he comes with look pretty poor).

I knew the accessories would be detailed and fun - they were - but what I still can't get over is how much I like the figure itself. I pretty much bought it for the regular head and maybe the accessories. Now I feel like I want to display the figure, which is a problem since I only like to have one, iconic, version (eg I don't care that Two-Face and OC Batman don't "go together" in terms of film continuity - they are both my favourite versions of the character so they get displayed together). Maybe I can convince myself that the masked figure is a generic Joker goon...that might work!

I got Iron Man in the same shipment as BR Joker, and I think I've spent more time with the Joker than IM. While that could be a reflection on how nervous I am about IM's fragility, I think it still says a lot about this figure.

I know what you mean, aussie. I mainly bought this figure for the new headsculpt and to complete the line, but I really loved the figure once I got it in hand. One of my favorites.

Oh, and OC Batman and Harvey Dent meet on the roof with Gordon before Bruce gets the new suit.

Ok guys, I am a newbie to posting but not the site. I have no idea how to search every time I try I cant find ANYTHING, so please dont bash me. I have a couple questions.

Is there any prep to changing out the BR Joker heads? I am scared to death after reading about the problem with the DK Batman Hand pegs.

Also I want a pair of nude hands to recreate the interagation scene. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ok guys, I am a newbie to posting but not the site. I have no idea how to search every time I try I cant find ANYTHING, so please dont bash me. I have a couple questions.

Is there any prep to changing out the BR Joker heads? I am scared to death after reading about the problem with the DK Batman Hand pegs.

Also I want a pair of nude hands to recreate the interagation scene. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Heating your head up at the neck with a hairdryer might help, but make sure you don't melt any plastic or melt the paint off. The ring inside the neck of the head sometimes pops off (This did not happen to me, but I understand it is common) so you'll have to glue that back on if it happens.

As for hands Ebay would probably be your best bet, or if you get a Two-Face figure you could use the extra hands.

Honestly I think people are being over-cautious with the head changing. The actual heads are a softer, and thicker, plastic than the hand pegs. Put stress on a hand peg and it will snap, not so with the Joker heads (or at least, not in my opinion/experience). I just grab the head firmly and pull.

Yes, yes...there are a lot of jokes that can be made about that last sentence.

Back