Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brjoker1rb4.jpg

brjoker2mm0.jpg

MODS:

1. Took the belt off. Joker didn't have a belt in that scene anyways.

2. Took the buckle off the belt, then used the belt strap for the machine gun. There's already slots for a shoulder strap on the gun.. so I simply looped the belt through those slots and krazt glued the loops.

brjoker3ng2.jpg

3. Modified the stand. I'm not a fan of the new
between-the-legs-ball-claws design so I bent the wires to resemble the old around-the-waist ones. Regardless if you keep the belt on or off, you can hide the wires under the pants.

brjoker5ge3.jpg

Bad pic but you get the idea. Blind fit.

MISC:

The zippers on the bag are nice. HT didn't use 1:1 scale zippers either, thank God. So even the zipper handles (!?) are tiny and in scale. Now, while I like that, it was a pain in the a to the double s getting the bag initially open because I have big manly hands and fingers. :wacky I'm really impressed with the duffle bag. Quality stuff.

The shirt is baby blue but for some reason in every pic I've seen (including my own) the shirt always appears to be black and white. Kinda weird. In person it's clearly blue.

My BR mask is almost gray on the outside, but pure white on the inside (including the strap). Looks nice and I like the soft rubbery feel of it.

I would definitely recommend adjusting the clothes, when I got mine the shirt wasn't sitting too well so when I took off the belt I also took down the pants (STRICTLY to fix the shirt :monkey3 Guess the BR stands for "Barely Recognizeable" because he has no pee-pee :lol) and sure enough the shirt was all wonky. One flap of the shirt was folded over itself.. so I fixed all that. I still need to eventually take off the coat and adjust the sleeves but eh.. I'm lazy.

The slides do work on the guns, with a spring action on the hand gun, like people have mentioned, but the actual movement/action is restricted. I'm stating this so people understand the actual extent of the slides because I was confused myself. The handgun can ONLY slide back enough to see the chamber. If you've ever handled a gun you'll know what I mean. The slide DOES NOT go all the way back like you would do to actually load a bullet into the chamber. That's what I thought it did from reading people's descriptions. It doesn't. If you look at the review that Wookster did for Michael Crawford, you'll see a pic of the hand gun with the slide back. That's as far as it goes. The machine gun slides back enough to expose the chamber as well but doesn't have the spring action like the handgun. Both work with no problems, and little details like that are really a welcome surprise. In other words HT didn't HAVE TO do that. But they did. Which is cool.

Overall I gotta say though, both guns do look kinda cheap. Especially in the handle/trigger area of the machine gun (which is oversized imo so it looks cartoony). Both look too plastic-like in my opinion. Yeah I know.. that's because they ARE plastic :rolleyes: but still, I've seen other plastic guns that looked realer than either of these. Still good guns, just nothing spectacular about either of them visually for me.

Overall I'm very happy with this figure. Everything from the box/sleeve to the free mini-poster, the accessories to clothing, the sculpts (both heads) to money/joker cards, it's all quality stuff.

I'll post more pics later.. just wanted to get these up and share. Sharing is caring after all. :joy

Last edited:
Does anyone know a store where I can buy Black Socks for the Hot Toys bank Robber Joker? I don't want anything from Ebay.

Why buy? I just took some socks from one of my old buffy bad guy figures (the creepy ones with black suits and scary smiles, I forgot what they're called lol) and cut them into tubes and viola!!! Socks

The slides do work on the guns, with spring action, like people have mentioned, but the actual movement/action is restricted. I'm stating this so people understand the actual extent of the slides because I was confused myself. The handgun can ONLY slide back enough to see the chamber. If you've ever handled a gun you'll know what I mean. The slide DOES NOT go all the way back like you would do to actually load a bullet into the chamber. That's what I thought it did from reading people's descriptions. It doesn't. If you look at the review that Wookster did for Michael Crawford, you'll see a pic of the hand gun with the slide back. That's as far as it goes. The machine gun slides back enough to expose the chamber as well. Both work with no problems, and little details like that are really a welcome surprise. In other words HT didn't HAVE TO do that. But they did. Which is cool.

Nice review!

I got a question about the guns. My machinegun's slider doesn't quite spring forward all the way. I can shove it forward to close it, but the spring action doesn't quite "snap" forward enough to close the chamber. Is that the way it is on yours?

I do agree that its a great little surprise to have these "working" in any aspect. Not going to use it, but its nice to know its there.

Nice review!

I got a question about the guns. My machinegun's slider doesn't quite spring forward all the way. I can shove it forward to close it, but the spring action doesn't quite "snap" forward enough to close the chamber. Is that the way it is on yours?

I do agree that its a great little surprise to have these "working" in any aspect. Not going to use it, but its nice to know its there.

Thanks.

Yeah "spring" isn't the right word to describe the machine gun action. It actually just slides back and forth on mine.. er OURS.. lol.

My machine gun doesn't snap all the way either. I have to push it for it to close all the way.

Yeah "spring" isn't the right word to describe the machine gun action. It actually just slides back and forth on mine.. er OURS.. lol.

Good to know. Thanks!

I was growing curious if mine was slightly defective.

First shot of My VI w V2 head. Tough conditions here, I took it under a Lamp at night. I was hoping to pose this against the window with an 80 Ft Billboard of him in the same pose in the b.g. but they took down the Billboard about a month ago. I was THIS close. Anyway, love the upgrade with the V2 Sculpt.

DSC00083-1.jpg

brjoker1rb4.jpg

brjoker2mm0.jpg

MODS:

1. Took the belt off. Joker didn't have a belt in that scene anyways.

2. Took the buckle off the belt, then used the belt strap for the machine gun. There's already slots for a shoulder strap on the gun.. so I simply looped the belt through those slots and krazt glued the loops.

brjoker3ng2.jpg

3. Modified the stand. I'm not a fan of the new
between-the-legs-ball-claws design so I bent the wires to resemble the old around-the-waist ones. Regardless if you keep the belt on or off, you can hide the wires under the pants.

brjoker5ge3.jpg

Bad pic but you get the idea. Blind fit.

MISC:

The zippers on the bag are nice. HT didn't use 1:1 scale zippers either, thank God. So even the zipper handles (!?) are tiny and in scale. Now, while I like that, it was a pain in the a to the double s getting the bag initially open because I have big manly hands and fingers. :wacky I'm really impressed with the duffle bag. Quality stuff.

The shirt is baby blue but for some reason in every pic I've seen (including my own) the shirt always appears to be black and white. Kinda weird. In person it's clearly blue.

My BR mask is almost gray on the outside, but pure white on the inside (including the strap). Looks nice and I like the soft rubbery feel of it.

I would definitely recommend adjusting the clothes, when I got mine the shirt wasn't sitting too well so when I took off the belt I also took down the pants (STRICTLY to fix the shirt :monkey3 Guess the BR stands for "Barely Recognizeable" because he has no pee-pee :lol) and sure enough the shirt was all wonky. One flap of the shirt was folded over itself.. so I fixed all that. I still need to eventually take off the coat and adjust the sleeves but eh.. I'm lazy.

The slides do work on the guns, with a spring action on the hand gun, like people have mentioned, but the actual movement/action is restricted. I'm stating this so people understand the actual extent of the slides because I was confused myself. The handgun can ONLY slide back enough to see the chamber. If you've ever handled a gun you'll know what I mean. The slide DOES NOT go all the way back like you would do to actually load a bullet into the chamber. That's what I thought it did from reading people's descriptions. It doesn't. If you look at the review that Wookster did for Michael Crawford, you'll see a pic of the hand gun with the slide back. That's as far as it goes. The machine gun slides back enough to expose the chamber as well but doesn't have the spring action like the handgun. Both work with no problems, and little details like that are really a welcome surprise. In other words HT didn't HAVE TO do that. But they did. Which is cool.

Overall I gotta say though, both guns do look kinda cheap. Especially in the handle/trigger area of the machine gun (which is oversized imo so it looks cartoony). Both look too plastic-like in my opinion. Yeah I know.. that's because they ARE plastic :rolleyes: but still, I've seen other plastic guns that looked realer than either of these. Still good guns, just nothing spectacular about either of them visually for me.

Overall I'm very happy with this figure. Everything from the box/sleeve to the free mini-poster, the accessories to clothing, the sculpts (both heads) to money/joker cards, it's all quality stuff.

I'll post more pics later.. just wanted to get these up and share. Sharing is caring after all. :joy

Nice pics and great review!

Nice review!

Same here. It doesnt go all the way foward.

Back