1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

These films are not applied afterwards. The raw material comes in sheet form with films already applied before being processed. Protects the surface from scratching by the mould as well as all the way to the final consumer.

Why not peel the film off and then spray the shell with some dullcoat?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Does the shield cocoon have a protective film layer that peels off? Maybe that's it? The windshield on the canopy hatch and the two circle windows on the sides have em.

IMG_3786.JPG

That's the only thing I can think of.
Yep that's exactly what it must be. Looks great here:

9266864602_cb560cf422_b.jpg

Why not peel the film off and then spray the shell with some dullcoat?
The film is the glossy, it's matte under it.

Last edited:

also one less step means less labour cost.

Yup.

This is what I think is going on.

The shield will be exactly what we hoped it would be, already proven by the photos with the matte appearances and the video with it being upside down.

Next week we will all be here toasting champagne celebrating how awesome the shield turned out.

Until then, Chicken Little away. :lol

The cocoon looks good in the pic now, but now the wheels look shiny.

SO the cheap prices on shipping and handling means like the UPS ground, or the least fastest method of shipping?

We need to get together for a Batman marathon. :panic:

I'm 45 minutes from you.

Just pick up Biojex on the way over. :rotfl

First 2 movies we watch are the best 2 Batman movies.

Batman and Robin and TDKR.

Roadtrip!

You could overnight this for 1,200.00. :rotfl

Im getting mine from HK EMS for 135usd... not bad.

Overnight for me is only $800 :nana:

Wouldn't it be great if shipping prices worked the other way if you asked for progressively slower and slower option? After waiting about a year and half, I'd have no problem waiting for the one-month-shipping-via-cross-country-mule option @ 20 bucks. :wink1:

Roadtrip!

Wouldn't it be great if shipping prices worked the other way if you asked for progressively slower and slower option? After waiting about a year and half, I'd have no problem waiting for the one-month-shipping-via-cross-country-mule option @ 20 bucks. :wink1:

I could not wait on this one to save $100.00, and neither could you. :rotfl

Wouldn't it be great if you could Flexpay the shipping in low monthly payments?

But it's not a flimsy shell, didn't you see the video of the shield flipped over holding the weight of the car. :dunno

Yeah it looks pretty tough to me, I don't really see what all the complaining is about. I think some guys wanted like 3 inch thick hard plastic for the shield.

It looks even better with the glossy wrap stuff removed. Can't wait to get mine!!!

So if we are getting charged on Monday and SSC gets these in the warehouse on Tuesday, anybody really think these will all ship before Comic Con on Thursday?

Back