1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Is this going to be a split shipment?

I'm not really counting on any retailers getting these until August or later.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

In all honesty im good with August.

this batmobile looks beyond awesome, but the cost is still giving me the jitters......but if i pass up i think i will regret it later.

Im a batman fan but not a huge fan of the 89 movie. This batmobile design though is simply beautiful and a must for my collection. i cannot see anybody ever topping this....until they release the 66 batmobile that is.

Is there any Australians here that bought this? I'm interested to know how much shipping costs, probably a fortune

Yup.

This is what I think is going on.

The shield will be exactly what we hoped it would be, already proven by the photos with the matte appearances and the video with it being upside down.

Next week we will all be here toasting champagne celebrating how awesome the shield turned out.

Until then, Chicken Little away. :lol

This is the cycle this forum goes through almost every time. Rarely does any one item escape this cycle especially HT due to too much time on hand waiting for scraps of info, good or bad.... fear mongers, pessimists etc will always be louder and set the tone of things..... me and a few have mentioned the protective film plenty of times early on yet fear of doom will always take centre stage until all facts are finally out.

WTF is up with these retailers? BBTS had it for $50 under retail and $44 in shipping, now it's retail with shipping that has doubled? That is some BS. I would order from that midtown place, but because they don't show shipping, why would I order it, they take my money and then pull some shipping charge out of their *** for me to pay?

I'm so glad I was able to get the last $579.99 preorder item price from BBTS last week!

Is there any Australians here that bought this? I'm interested to know how much shipping costs, probably a fortune

Yep, got it from popcultcha when they had their 20% off sale + free postage.

Yep, got it from popcultcha when they had their 20% off sale + free postage.

Really? That's awesome, I checked them out but they have it listed at $799. I wish I heard about the sale. I'm really concerned how much Sideshow will be charging for postage to Australia

Guys, has it been confirmed that there is a film on the armoured shield that can be peeled off giving us that matte finish that we all desire? :dunno

Guys, has it been confirmed that there is a film on the armoured shield that can be peeled off giving us that matte finish that we all desire? :dunno

Yeah, I wanna know this too or even see some pics for proof.

Really? That's awesome, I checked them out but they have it listed at $799. I wish I heard about the sale. I'm really concerned how much Sideshow will be charging for postage to Australia

Ask for a quote from Sideshow, sometimes they do discounted shipping.
Might work out cheaper than retail here.

Hate to ask a repeat question not sure I answered, is this vehicle 39" exactly? Little less little more? Info will come in handy.

Thank you :)

Hate to ask a repeat question not sure I answered, is this vehicle 39" exactly? Little less little more? Info will come in handy.

it's 48" inches I think.

Or is that the box?... damn, now I'm confused. D:

The car itself measures at just over 39 inches pal :rock i think one of the last guys who has it in hand measured 39.5"

WTF is up with these retailers? BBTS had it for $50 under retail and $44 in shipping, now it's retail with shipping that has doubled? That is some BS. I would order from that midtown place, but because they don't show shipping, why would I order it, they take my money and then pull some shipping charge out of their *** for me to pay?

How is that BS from BBTS? We are lucky they are honoring the low ship price for those that got in under the wire. With shipping it is still cheaper than SS.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

finally someone who understands physics.

No need to be an asshat.

So Dean posted up a video of the recent pictures provided to us by Jay and something quite interesting caught my eyes.

The very first picture shows the shield but here it's a very nice looking matte finish. 3/4 into the video you see it again. It looks nice and has a matte finish again, cleaning showcasing that it's the one from before.

However, later pictures from him also show it looking glossy and just down right cheap.

Any guesses on what's going on? It looks like two completely different shields.

9266864602_cb560cf422_b.jpg

9264090583_1d9a620262_b.jpg

9266864358_f5ee042c86_b.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ER_eM1534&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8MQ_lmv1Gkwvt950BBDw3A

Wow. Incredible!! :panic:

So Dean posted up a video of the recent pictures provided to us by Jay and something quite interesting caught my eyes.

The very first picture shows the shield but here it's a very nice looking matte finish. 3/4 into the video you see it again. It looks nice and has a matte finish again, cleaning showcasing that it's the one from before.

However, later pictures from him also show it looking glossy and just down right cheap.

Any guesses on what's going on? It looks like two completely different shields.

Oh for gods sake, :slap I thought we had established by now that it's covered with a peel off glossy protective layer?

:lol You made me use giant bold text, I never use giant bold text...

I hope the shield layer ships with a thin plastic coating to proctect it from scratches during shipping. :monkey3 :monkey1

Back