1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I'm having a tough time with deciding whether or not to keep my order. Its so amazing and iconic. And in a totally juvenile way it reminds me of pining for the USS Flagg and never getting it.

But its just so damn big. Like the Flagg the Batmobile is a grail of sorts but it won't fit in a curio (unless I find one designed to store automans.) So presentation will be a challenge. We're moving cross country in about 6-8 months. A terrible time to add another piece of "furniture" to the moving truck.

And to top it all off there's the ED-209 and tauntaun. The tauntaun is my favorite landbased "ride" in all of cinema. And it will no doubt be cheaper and have a much smaller footprint. As will the ED-209, which I also like more than the batmobile. So $600+ for my third favorite 1/6th scale "big" collectible and then the inherent difficulty of storing/moving/displaying it.

Our new house will have a fourth bedroom that will be my office/man cave. So I'll have an entire room to play around with, but at this point in my life I'm not really looking for a lot of "effort" to be associated with collecting. And the batmobile will certainly require that to get the end result/presetation I'd be looking for.

I do agree that if I have to think through it this much I probably shouldn't get it (the tauntaun and ED-209 were/are day 1 slamdunks) but dammit I want a Flagg. :lol

Your explanation and reasoning behind cancelling absolutely makes 100% sense to me.

Now buy it.

It's the ****ing 89 Batmobile.

Since when does the brain win over the heart when it comes to crazy stuff like this.

Then again, HT wil release this again in 4 years.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Im gonna keep my order. And when I become broke and homeless from all these collectibles, I already have a box to sleep in.

So, is anyone thinking about giving the wheels the black paint treatment so they look more like this?

qm4y.jpg

Then again, HT wil release this again in 4 years.

Actually they may not. The logistics of shipping have proven to be very costly and the reason why we won't be getting The Bat in 1:6 scale.

Your explanation and reasoning behind cancelling absolutely makes 100% sense to me.

Now buy it.

It's the ****ing 89 Batmobile.

Since when does the brain win over the heart when it comes to crazy stuff like this.

Ha ha, absolutely. I like the "obnoxiousness" of owning something like this. But the tauntaun and ED will be pretty obnoxious too. Do I really need to spend the money and extra effort for something I don't like quite as much as those two? A pretty silly midlife crisis piece. :lol

I don't know. Still mulling it over. I really wanted to see if those damn Returns figures would seal the deal but apparently that won't be the case before BBTS ships these out.

"Item Shipping Soon!" :clap

day off today. Turned on the TV and syfy channel right now Batman followed by Batman Returns. Im now absolutely convinced that this is THE Batmobile to own.

Who is still getting multiples of this? I was waffling back and forth a lot. I wanted a second for some minor modding or just in-case there was some flaw with one of them (QC paranoia), but in the end I decided to stick to just one.

Thing is, I still want two, and can technically afford it, I just know it would be really irresponsible budget-wise to get a second one. Not to mention the space....

But I know, in a few years, or even months, I won't even care about the money I spend now on a second one, especially since the secondary market price will be higher. Decisions....:gah:

So for U.S. customers, are there any buying options available still outside of Big Bad Toy Store for $629+$85 shipping and Sideshow for $629+109 shipping?

Who is still getting multiples of this? I was waffling back and forth a lot. I wanted a second for some minor modding or just in-case there was some flaw with one of them (QC paranoia), but in the end I decided to stick to just one.

Thing is, I still want two, and can technically afford it, I just know it would be really irresponsible budget-wise to get a second one. Not to mention the space....

But I know, in a few years, or even months, I won't even care about the money I spend now on a second one, especially since the secondary market price will be higher. Decisions....:gah:

I'm debating that as of right now.
In all honesty, it would be just to flip it later down the road, probably locally.
I really see this thing increasing its value like crazy. It's got that "first edition tumbler effect" written all over it....

Im still getting multiples!

I would recommend bbts for ordering, unless you have a retailer near by.

So for U.S. customers, are there any buying options available still outside of Big Bad Toy Store for $629+$85 shipping and Sideshow for $629+109 shipping?

Midtown Comics still has it listed at $579.59, but they changed the "Advance Order" clickable button to an unclickable "Coming Soon!" graphic...so you can't actually order it from them anymore (for now at least). I guess their pre-order stock sold out at $579 and even if they might be getting more...it's probably not going to be at that relatively low price anymore when/if they open it up again for ordering.

Also, even when it was open for ordering, their shipping rate wasn't determined yet.

Really crossing my fingers for the "Early Processing Offer" on my flex... My last payment isn't scheduled until the 25th. That is gonna be a LONG 10 days if they can't offer early... :pray:

Sallah

I'm still stuck in "processing"... hoping for "item shipping soon" to pop up here shortly.

For the most part mine will be in storage till I get a proper mancave. It excites me to think that by then hot toys could have possibly given us a roster of batmobiles for display in a sexy hall of fame.

Shipping soon hope get ups ship date tonight or tommorow from sideshow.

Back