Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Tumbler is just the perfect size for most accommodations. It's not even my favorite Batmobile (the BTAS Batmobile is), but it looks great next to the TDK figures.

Still, congrats to everyone who's getting the '89 Batmobile. I'll probably pick it up on Ebay in a few years, once I've moved to a bigger place (again), and when it's marked up :lol

PSA - ALWAYS check your electronics for a Hot Toys product.

I was considering wiring my Batmobile for USB but didn't think there would be enough lights to warrant the effort. So I put in the batteries to light it up and decide.

When I did so it didn't seem worth it with just the front and back lights. Then I thought to myself 'Isn't the interior supposed to light up also'? Looked in the directions and sure enough they were supposed to. Turned off the lights in the room to see if maybe they were just dim but nope, not even a twinkle. Thankfully there was the access panel as the video above showed so I looked inside and everything appeared to be fine. I tried multiple ways to get it to light with the HT wiring but nothing worked.

I hooked up my own power and ground directly to the board and voila there was light. I was extraordinarily relieved that there wasn't something wrong with the board as that would have been impossible to replace and would require me to wire my own LED's. Since I would have had to disassemble the entire bottom of the car to try and find the wiring issue I decided to wire my own and convert the whole thing to USB. Sucks having to run two sets of wires (one for the dash and one for the rest of the lights) but at least they work now.

If I didn't have the skill to do this I would have been livid to have the hassle of returning/exchanging it or accepting the flaw. You would think after all these years HT could do something as simple as properly wiring an LED (or, I don't know, at least testing them during QC maybe) but apparently they don't think it's worth the few extra pennies on an $800 product. Even the globs of black goop they used to seal the wire connections is the same as what was used in cheap electronics made 50 years ago. I hate that stuff as it has a tendency to break down over time causing it to get oily/sticky and run like tar.

I do like the car overall but it's just one of many reasons I wish I had the display space for the JazzInc.

I recieved mine today and it is a really cool piece, i was in awe at the size. I think one complaint is that it feels too big in scale to batman. It's too large for its own good lol.

Yeah understand what you feel. The 4 inches missing make the car too wide and high.
On another side, if you don’t have the Jazzinc displayed next to, nobody would notice the inaccuracies IMO.

Yeah understand what you feel. The 4 inches missing make the car too wide and high.
On another side, if you don’t have the Jazzinc displayed next to, nobody would notice the inaccuracies IMO.
Yeah and I'm never gonna have enough money to plonk down on the jazzinc so I'm happy with the HT. I was surprised how easy it was for me to put batman in the car, didn't even have to take off his boots (took off the cape though) and i got him in there just fine with no damage.

I don't know what people are talking about. It scales perfectly with 89 batman. Made a quick and dirty display until I can find something better haha

batmobile.jpg

I don't either. But when mine converted, I bit.

No idea if I'm gonna go thru with it. I have two postponments worth of payments to decide lol
I can’t go through with it, I’m just about paid off on the JazzInc version.

Although it would be nice to make some of that back by selling this, but all of that shipping sounds like a nightmare.

I can’t go through with it, I’m just about paid off on the JazzInc version.

Although it would be nice to make some of that back by selling this, but all of that shipping sounds like a nightmare.
Oh.. You're getting the Jazzmobile?

Yeah wtf are you thinking lol

Oh.. You're getting the Jazzmobile?

Yeah wtf are you thinking lol
Yeah my order says due for November 30th shipping if paid in full.

I just hopped on the HT V2 waitlist to see where I’d be on it, never really intended on committing. Seems like a lot of people canceled this as well, due to the ‘89 Keaton 2.0?

You're gonna find it extremely difficult to sell it. The majority of people that seriously want it, aren't gonna wanna plop down $700+ at once for it. They'll be in-the-know and will want the flex pay option SS offers.

These things are sitting all over Ebay (granted for $900+) but they ain't moving.

Jesus, my waitlist for this just converted......
WHAT IS GOING ON - why are all my orders going out this month!!!!!! I literally, literally have zero pounds left :ROFLMAO:

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

I can't do it...............................
right?

Talk me out of this please.

Help Me No GIF by PatrickStarrr

Jesus, my waitlist for this just converted......
WHAT IS GOING ON - why are all my orders going out this month!!!!!! I literally, literally have zero pounds left :ROFLMAO:

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

I can't do it...............................
right?

Talk me out of this please.

Help Me No GIF by PatrickStarrr
It's a very serious purchase. Think about it.

Ignore space issues. We all figure that part out in the end.

Think about the cost you're committing to and the (gulp) $72 some odd dollar deposit you'll lose of you decided to back out of it.

Just some friendly advice from someone who is sweating bullets over already making that financial commitment.

GL to us both. 😉

It's a very serious purchase. Think about it.

Ignore space issues. We all figure that part out in the end.

Think about the cost you're committing to and the (gulp) $72 some odd dollar deposit you'll lose of you decided to back out of it.

Just some friendly advice from someone who is sweating bullets over already making that financial commitment.

GL to us both. 😉

Thanks man.
Appreciate it and wish you the best in wrestling with your own orders, it can be one hell of a struggle I know.

Hunger Games Student GIF

I don't belive they got a huge influx of cancelations on this. I think they got a new batch of stock ready to go.

The timing of 89 Bat's release is too on point.

They're baiting us.

I don’t know, a lot of people would be turned off by not having a figure to go with it. I’d think the majority who got the car, also ordered the figure, then possibly backed out of the figure causing the car to follow. Again pure speculation from me but it makes sense, this car is huge.

Back