Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criminy....could it take a little longer to download a demo on the PS3? I literally had to have it on all night.

Oh well, worth the wait!

I played the demo on both the PS3 and 360 systems...seemed a bit darker on the 360...not sure if the game or me.....fun demo nonetheless

Updated: I apparently had the wrong setting for my HDMI, so both the 360 and PS3 look near identical, though i have a harder time doing the backflip kick on the PS3 version than 360.

Since the playable Joker is exclusive to the PS3 version, that is the one I have on order

Last edited:
Found a cool little thing, after you've done a vertical takedown and left the guy hanging, you can then use the Batarang to cut the rope and drop the guy to the floor. Then you can re-use the same gargoyle for another takedown. Haven't managed to drop one guy on top of another yet though.

love the demo, game is a day one buy for me because I'm a Bat freak. My only complaint is that I wish the camera would zoom out just a little and be more centered behind Bats when he's just walking around, kind of how it looks when you hold in the run button.

Batman is disciplined, why wouldn't his run be as controlled as any of his other actions?

Have you seen military personnel running? They are also trained to run a specific way, don't see what was wrong with it.

But yes, as usual the cape looks bad, it's even too small to believe he could actually glide with it. Fun fact, average 6ft person would need a wingspan of about 21ft to fly. Logically, it's reasonable the same could be said about needed that big a wingspan to glide.

Disciplined or not the animation is so stiff it looks unnatural.

The only weird part for me was having Gordon's voice be different from the animated series, Harley's was the same, just with Batman and Joker, or at least it sounded very similar. Growing up with BTAS, I always read the comic books imagining those voices.

How do you download the demo? Do you have to register or something first? I got on the page where it has the demo, and below it is an E3 video or something if I recall correctly. When I put the cursor over the demo picture or over the words next to it, it didn't act like a link or let me "click" it. Thanks for any help. I'm a total dunce with this stuff, never even knew you could download stuff like this. :lol

Well, I'm digging the demo. This looks like a purchase for me. My only gripe is that the look of the game is very much hurt by the fact that there is absolutely no reason to ever not be in Detective vision. As such, the entire game will probably have a blue tint, and I'll never see most of the character models.

Well, I'm digging the demo. This looks like a purchase for me. My only gripe is that the look of the game is very much hurt by the fact that there is absolutely no reason to ever not be in Detective vision. As such, the entire game will probably have a blue tint, and I'll never see most of the character models.

I thought the same thing. I use it to find the baddies and I turn it off when I plan and execute my attack.

Would've been cool if they coulda got Oldman in there for Gordon.

Since they have Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, and Arleen Sorkin I would have loved it if they had gotten Bob Hastings to play Gordon. In fact, with all the other voices there, his absence is rather glaring.

Bob Hastings IS credited as the voice of Gordon.

He's 84 now.

Criminy....could it take a little longer to download a demo on the PS3? I literally had to have it on all night.

Oh well, worth the wait!

same with my xbox 360:banghead it was on allnight and it took forever but this is without a doubt the best batman game in a long time imo.

Back