Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted my batarang
batarangr1.jpg

batarangr2.jpg

batarangr3.jpg

I think I'm getting towards the end of the game but I have a question for those who have finished it.......

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I'm getting towards the end of the game but I have a question for those who have finished it.......

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think there is a way to dodge this. And there is no
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree that the final fight was extremely weak. Ivy was truly the hardest in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I thought the whole middle stick thing sounded funny. :lol Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to finishing it up soon. :D

I'm craving a sequel, wherever it may take place. Two-Face, Riddler, Clayface, Man-bat, Mr. Freeze, some of my favorite characters were left out.

I'd like to see an online versus or co-op mode. Versus would be cool no idea how it work, but the idea is novel I think.

I'm craving a sequel, wherever it may take place. Two-Face, Riddler, Clayface, Man-bat, Mr. Freeze, some of my favorite characters were left out.

I'd like to see an online versus or co-op mode. Versus would be cool no idea how it work, but the idea is novel I think.

player 2 could be robin, and alternate outfit are the ones from the 70's. If you leave your controller idol for awhile, batman and robin start dancing like they used to.

player 2 could be robin, and alternate outfit are the ones from the 70's. If you leave your controller idol for awhile, batman and robin start dancing like they used to.

That'd be funny. But I think I'd pass on that.

But I think it needs some subtle gameplay and visual tweaks in the sequel. Dropping down to a ledge and from a ledge is cumbersome at times as it jumping over objects, if holding down X to run and I had to vault over something it wouldn't register correctly all the time, and I'd die as a result of this.

Slightly less repetition. Only thing that would have made the Scarecrow cooler is that if all the encounters with him weren't the same, to me it felt like a cheap cop out being that the scarecrow could induce anything and any kinds of fear. Having each encounter be different would have benefitted the game.

Also I would like the be able to see the visual changes in his suit upgrades. As well as not predetermined rips and worn parts of his outfit, if by the end of the game everyones Batman looked different according to how well the person played and how much crap they got themselves into. So while one guys Bats could have a cut on his face, has his cape torn off and an ear missing, another guy could only have a few cuts and bruises on his Bats. It needed to be more dynamic.

Also the repetitive enemies could have used so variety, but I'm nitpicking here. Having them all look basically the same was a bit odd and fight the same as well.

Both Clayface and Riddler are technically in the game. You just hear Riddler and see Clayface as other people.

But I agree, I'd like to see some of the others. Hopefully they can get more Animated Series voices back to do them. And I wouldn't mind Joker popping up again. Mark Hamill was great and I wouldn't mind one bit if the Joker was the main villian again.

Both Clayface and Riddler are technically in the game. You just hear Riddler and see Clayface as other people.

But I agree, I'd like to see some of the others. Hopefully they can get more Animated Series voices back to do them. And I wouldn't mind Joker popping up again. Mark Hamill was great and I wouldn't mind one bit if the Joker was the main villian again.

Yes they sort of make cameo appearances, Riddler's voice is there. But I mean full on villains. I think Riddler should be the main villain in the next one, and Batman needs to confide with Joker sort of in a Hannibal Lector type way in order to solve the riddlers.

And an all out boss fight with Clayface.

For the Next game, they could simply flip the concept: have the villians escape into Gotham and Batman needs to recapture them.

Sure, the concept is not original, but if you thought they could make the look of the 1st game varied, having access to all of Gotham would guarantee a wide range of different looking (and intersting locals)

I dont mean do a sandbox game, but it does allow for varied levels

for the next game id actually love to see batman have to call for backup and have some nightwing levels for variation. i imagine the setting will probably end up being closed spaces maybe in a level form if they are doing gotham areas.

Yes they sort of make cameo appearances, Riddler's voice is there. But I mean full on villains. I think Riddler should be the main villain in the next one, and Batman needs to confide with Joker sort of in a Hannibal Lector type way in order to solve the riddlers.

And an all out boss fight with Clayface.

Spoiler Spoiler:

for the next game id actually love to see batman have to call for backup and have some nightwing levels for variation. i imagine the setting will probably end up being closed spaces maybe in a level form if they are doing gotham areas.

No. As Batman even said in the game, "I work better alone."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Riddler would make for an overall better themed baddie because he is cerebral in nature. He could orchestrate the entire thing and everyone else could be pawns in his games as always.

Two face isn't such a villain and makes for a better player than the master mind.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Riddler would make for an overall better themed baddie because he is cerebral in nature. He could orchestrate the entire thing and everyone else could be pawns in his games as always.

Two face isn't such a villain and makes for a better player than the master mind.

True. Arkham's security clearly sucks :lol

Yeah, I can see Riddler being like that in the next game (or even Nolan movie for that matter). But he wouldn't make for much of a final boss fight. I would be cool if they MADE you find all of his Riddles to face him, even if it isn't much of a fight. Just taking him down yourself would better than what happened in this game.

So lets see,

The Riddler
Two-Face
Clayface
Black Mask
Mr. Freeze
The Mad Hatter
and there are tons of other villian's that profiles that appeared in the game, but not actually in the game they could use.

True. Arkham's security clearly sucks :lol

Yeah, I can see Riddler being like that in the next game (or even Nolan movie for that matter). But he wouldn't make for much of a final boss fight. I would be cool if they MADE you find all of his Riddles to face him, even if it isn't much of a fight. Just taking him down yourself would better than what happened in this game.

So lets see,

The Riddler
Two-Face
Clayface
Black Mask
Mr. Freeze
The Mad Hatter
and there are tons of other villian's that profiles that appeared in the game, but not actually in the game they could use.

Well riddle could have clayface and whoever else as the muscle of his operation as long as something is in it for them.

Riddler's end fight is not a physical one but a test of mental ability and agility. Contraptions, tricks, illusions, it would make for a much engaging end boss fight than the cheap cop out of a one we got with this game. After all the amazing boss fights, the end boss was the weakest of them all. Not how a game should be structured.

well if you want a cerebral villain someone like Rā's al Ghūl would be better and it would mean higher stakes as well.

Would like to see a bit more downloadable content for Arkham, an endurance challenge map would be great where it just throws unending enemies for you and you see how many you take down or how long you survive.

Plus a Boss battle mode

I got this Friday and think it's excellent. Aside from a Bat-sequel I can't help but think a martial arts game with the same fighting engine would be epic.
Maybe it could be the first ever decent Bruce Lee game?

Back