Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

lol yeah that's what I meant - I'm such a goof!

I'm inclined to believe now too that the Mr Freeze avatar is a legit design - and a pretty damn cool one aswell (pun intended)
Really can't wait to see a full version of him, although I get the feeling we won't until the game is released.

lol yeah that's what I meant - I'm such a goof!

I'm inclined to believe now too that the Mr Freeze avatar is a legit design - and a pretty damn cool one aswell (pun intended)
Really can't wait to see a full version of him, although I get the feeling we won't until the game is released.

I figured that - I was just yankin' yer chain. :1-1:

lol that's cool :lol

So it seems that Mr Freeze is the only new major rogue left to be announced that we know of, plus hints of Black Mask having a 'presence' in Arkham. There's also Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Bane as possibilities since we saw the leaked avatars of them too (Ivy is confirmed to be helping Catwoman, though we don't know if she will be a character we encounter yet). There may be more we don't know of also (Mad Hatter?:pray:)
So that's a pretty damn big list of rogues in this now;

Catwoman
Joker
Two-Face
Harley
Penguin
Riddler
Hugo Strange
Grundy
Talia
Zsas
Calendar Man

Mr Freeze?
Poison Ivy?
Bane?
Killer Croc?
Black Mask?
Mad Hatter? (been hinted at/rumored)

Can't wait to see Freeze or see Talia in a cutscene. I haven't read any of the comics involving Red Hood (which I hear mixed things about), but I really liked the dvd movie and I think it would be cool to add him in the game as an enemy.

Lol whats that ?

A show starring Nathan Fillion from Firefly. It has Stana Katic co-starring.

Yeah, Croc's fight is very tedious. Hopefully Arkham City will avoid any of those type of gameplay sequences.

Great list of villains.This going to be much more epic Batman game than AA.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Croc in the first game too. I hope they learned from feedback to do something else this game.

sdcc2011_dcd_figures_20.jpg

That is brill. Is it 1:6, does anyone know? You probably wouldn't get that pose out of a 1:6 figure so i'm happy they've gone with that. Definite purchase!

Judging by it's size in relation to the package and discs I'd guess it was 6 inch scale.

Damn. I'd have much preferred Miller over Adams.

These are timed exclusives, right? I've never downloaded content before. I'll have to give it a shot. I have AA, so maybe I should try the Joker level first.

Penguin is kind of a badass in that video. I don't think Penguin's ever come off as a badass before. Grundy looks good.

SnakeDoc

Couldn't agree more, Can't wait to play this.

lol that's cool :lol

So it seems that Mr Freeze is the only new major rogue left to be announced that we know of, plus hints of Black Mask having a 'presence' in Arkham. There's also Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Bane as possibilities since we saw the leaked avatars of them too (Ivy is confirmed to be helping Catwoman, though we don't know if she will be a character we encounter yet). There may be more we don't know of also (Mad Hatter?:pray:)
So that's a pretty damn big list of rogues in this now;

Catwoman
Joker
Two-Face
Harley
Penguin
Riddler
Hugo Strange
Grundy
Talia
Zsas
Calendar Man

Mr Freeze?
Poison Ivy?
Bane?
Killer Croc?
Black Mask?
Mad Hatter? (been hinted at/rumored)

Officially, there's also Robin. Unofficially, Alfred Pennyworth and Jack Ryder are supposed to appear. Ryder was in one of the trailers, though unsure whether Ryder will appear as Creeper. Black Mask looks to have appeared in at least one image, from the rear (being stomped by someone) ...

batman-arkham-city-20110315025908777-000.jpg

There have also been hints of Nightwing (there was an image of Nightwing leaked with some action figure announcements) ...

batman-legacy-2-packs-2.jpg

With both Drake (Robin) and Grayson (Nightwing), there is a reasonable possiblity of Jason Todd's Red Hood appearing in some form as well.

I'm trying to think of the villains that had cameos or easter eggs in AA that haven't already been mentioned in AC. I know Firefly, Clayface, Ventriloquist, Hush, Ras al Ghul, Killer Moth, and Great White Shark all had easter eggs in Asylum, and I don't think any of them have been connected with AC yet.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I'm starting to feel like this game might be a bit overstuffed. It looks great so far, so I hope it doesn't let us down.

I really like the designs they have for the characters. They're very real world, yet they also stay very true to the comic version.

I'm starting to feel like this game might be a bit overstuffed. It looks great so far, so I hope it doesn't let us down.

I really like the designs they have for the characters. They're very real world, yet they also stay very true to the comic version.

I'm kinda hoping the same thing. I hope they don't think because the last one was so great that they gotta stuff this game full of all these characters and end up making the game not make sense or be repetitive or something. Too much of something is not always a good thing.

I'm kinda hoping the same thing. I hope they don't think because the last one was so great that they gotta stuff this game full of all these characters and end up making the game not make sense or be repetitive or something. Too much of something is not always a good thing.

Yeah, I'll trust them to make it all work but there is a little piece of me that is scared it won't.

Finished replaying Arkham Asylum in anticipation for this game. Hope AC can live up to the hype :pray:

The leaked avatars below from a few of months back show Mr. Freeze. The Penguin and Grundy are legit, according to recent trailers ... so there's no reason to think the Freeze isn't. They also indicate Bane, Croc and Ivy are back.

batman-arkham-city-avatar-poison-ivy-freeze.png

SnakeDoc

If any of you've been following the Arkham City comics, the latest edition of it's digital exclusive companion comic has
Spoiler Spoiler:

Which pretty much cements
Spoiler Spoiler:
being in the game in some capacity.

Back