Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

Yeah, Batman is our country's hero and yet all of the non-US gamers are getting the cool stuff. I guess that is what happens when we let the English make our Batman game :slap

Yeah, Batman is our country's hero and yet all of the non-US gamers are getting the cool stuff. I guess that is what happens when we let the English make our Batman game :slap

it's not like you guys didn't try make batman games previously...it's just took us Brits to make THE batman games :p :lol

Why doesn't America get any cool stuff? Is there any cool USA preorder incentives?

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I just got an email from BestBuy this morning. I typically don't buy my games from BB, but this exclusive sounds pretty cool!

While supplies last, pre-order the game for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC, and get an exclusive, fully playable downloadable Robin character. Robin is in the new and improved challenge mode in Batman: Arkham City.

The Tim Drake Robin pack is available exclusively to fans who pre-order the game from Best Buy. Robin comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and will be playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included with the pack: Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape. The pack will also contain a bonus Red Robin character skin.

Some more details on challenge mode and playable characters...

While Batman: Arkham Asylum did not have multiplayer, it did have Challenge Maps that let players beat up thugs and rack up high scores to compare with each other on leaderboards. Rocksteady Studios brings Challenge Maps back with Batman: Arkham City and slightly expands on the concept for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game.

The most noticeable addition to the Arkham City maps is the option to play as different characters. Players were limited to using Batman unless they purchased the PS3 version which included Joker. Now they'll have access to Catwoman and Robin as well. Robin currently can be unlocked early by pre-ordering the game at Best Buy but he will be available to everyone later. No details have yet been revealed on whether or not Catwoman will be available immediately or if she'll need unlocking as well.

There were two modes for Arkham Asylum challenge maps; Combat Challenges which was trying to get as high a score as possible and Predator Challenges which was a speed challenge to take down thugs as quickly as possible. Arkham City will have the following challenge modes.

Combat: Survive waves of enemies as long as you can. Keeping combos going will boost your score.
Stealth: Clear a room of enemies without being detected.
Speed: Reach an Arkham City landmark in as little time as possible.

Just as before, scores from the Challenge Maps will be shared on leaderboards but they will also indicate which character players used.

So it looks like Robin will be available to everyone at a later date and presumably additional cost.

Some more details on challenge mode and playable characters...

While Batman: Arkham Asylum did not have multiplayer, it did have Challenge Maps that let players beat up thugs and rack up high scores to compare with each other on leaderboards. Rocksteady Studios brings Challenge Maps back with Batman: Arkham City and slightly expands on the concept for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game.

The most noticeable addition to the Arkham City maps is the option to play as different characters. Players were limited to using Batman unless they purchased the PS3 version which included Joker. Now they'll have access to Catwoman and Robin as well. Robin currently can be unlocked early by pre-ordering the game at Best Buy but he will be available to everyone later. No details have yet been revealed on whether or not Catwoman will be available immediately or if she'll need unlocking as well.

There were two modes for Arkham Asylum challenge maps; Combat Challenges which was trying to get as high a score as possible and Predator Challenges which was a speed challenge to take down thugs as quickly as possible. Arkham City will have the following challenge modes.

Combat: Survive waves of enemies as long as you can. Keeping combos going will boost your score.
Stealth: Clear a room of enemies without being detected.
Speed: Reach an Arkham City landmark in as little time as possible.

Just as before, scores from the Challenge Maps will be shared on leaderboards but they will also indicate which character players used.

So it looks like Robin will be available to everyone at a later date and presumably additional cost.

Good to hear about the Robin release later on. I pre-ordered this on May 12, 2010 from Amazon, and i'll have to pay $46.54 shipped with release date delivery included. :)

It seems that all DLC skins become available anymore. I try not to get worked up about them, because we typically get them. Although, PS3 Joker never came to the other systems, iirc.

That's correct, Xbox 360 users never got to play as The Joker in the challenges, something I'm still a bit bitter about... :lol

Honestly, if you are doing a cross format release, then all formats should get the same core game, features wise (as long as the technology can handle it), in my opinion.

I'm pretty excited about the game, an overload of new characters!

Just a quick question, what exactly is the Steelbook edition?

I wish this game had Man Bat. They could've had a scene where you chase Man bat in the air while doing air gliding through the streets. He would look quite hideous and intimidating in the arkham world.

Man-Bat.jpg

man_bat.jpg

Hope we see this guy aswell. He would be great for chases.

Im cancelling my best buy preorder.

All those skins and DLC will probably be included in a GOTY edition anyways. I highly recommend going with any merchant that offers a steelbook, action figure, and or game/print/tshirt. These DLCs are starting to get ridiculous. Yes, I say that because I cant have them all and I am lime green Jello.

Good idea. I think I'll get it at Toys R Us to get the figure.

That's correct, Xbox 360 users never got to play as The Joker in the challenges, something I'm still a bit bitter about... :lol

Honestly, if you are doing a cross format release, then all formats should get the same core game, features wise (as long as the technology can handle it), in my opinion.

agreed, I had the PS3 version, and I have to say that I played the crap out of those Joker missions!

I bought the PS3 version as well even though I wanted it on Xbox. I'm buying this one on PS3 so I can have them on the same console.

Toys R Us website doesn't seem to have Arkham City listed anywhere. I guess it is an in store only type deal? I mean there is a TRU thankfully a couple of miles from my house but you'd think they'd have something on their site.

I guess I'll check the store after work and see.

Back