Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGL1pIQVJVo&feature=feedu"]Batman Arkham City: Behind Harley's Hot Moves - YouTube[/ame]
:lol :lol :lol

Went into TRU this afternoon to pre-order the Arkham City Collector's edition (don't want the regular edition) to get the figure. They said I could only pre-order the regular PS3 version. I asked if I could just pick up the collector's edition on release day and they said I would lose my $5.00 pre-order and I wouldn't get the figure. Does that make sense??

Went into TRU this afternoon to pre-order the Arkham City Collector's edition (don't want the regular edition) to get the figure. They said I could only pre-order the regular PS3 version. I asked if I could just pick up the collector's edition on release day and they said I would lose my $5.00 pre-order and I wouldn't get the figure. Does that make sense??

No.

He's been known since the very first trailer, so he isn't new by any means. He's even in the first full trailer tied to the ground getting beat up :lecture

Was there ever anything aside from that one screenshot and a glimpse in the trailer? The screenshot was clearly Black Mask, but it was from the back and hardly a formal announcement ... and he was getting his ass whipped.

batman-arkham-city-20110315025908777-000.jpg

Other villain announcements have come with featured trailers, wallpapers, screencaps, etc ... a lot more than one vague shot of the back of a villains' head while receiving a curb-stomp. I still think there's a reasonable chance its Black Mask. I'm kinda hoping for Hush or Red Hood, though. With Drake as Robin, and Grayson rumored as Nightwing (not yet announced) ... it'd be good to have Todd's Red Hood make an appearance as well.

SnakeDoc

Nothing other than that and the "Sionis" building in the very first trailer. But as you said, its clearly him, so he's in the game for sure. Maybe a minor villian like Zsaz is but still there :dunno

I'm nearly finished with another play through Arkham Asylum and I really hope the boss battles are a bit more elaborate in this game. In AA most of the main villains went out with a wimper. There was a lot leading up to them but when it came down to actually facing them it was over almost after it started. With the exceptions of Ivy, Joker and Bane.

Zsasz: I'm not even going to comment.
Bane: Actual fight albeit a repetitive and short one.
Harley Quinn: No fight, just beat up thugs.
Scarecrow: Awesome creepout with the poison but no fight, just beat up minions.
Killer Croc: Hugely disappointing run and hide in the sewers.
Poison Ivy: Actual boss fight. Well done.
Joker: Actual boss fight if not a repeat of sorts of the Bane fight.

I hope the interactions with some of the big time villains actually have some action in them.

Boss fights are dying out anyway, and don't particularly fit Batman that well. Sure, there should be a final showdown with each villain, but not in the traditional 'boss fight' sense. Posion Ivy and Titan Joker boss fights were two of the worst and least in-keeping moments of the game. Ugh, Titan Joker. Joker, who it's all mind games about, should not be beaten up and taken out like any other thug. Something cleverer, like turning whatever big plan he has against him.

I don't particularly want boss battles, I want clever final 'fights' that match the characters.

I absolutely love the character design in this series. I'd buy up just about anything that was made from it.

in high anticipation for this release, my first collector's edition of any game, with a koto statue included to boot!

Boss fights are dying out anyway, and don't particularly fit Batman that well. Sure, there should be a final showdown with each villain, but not in the traditional 'boss fight' sense. Posion Ivy and Titan Joker boss fights were two of the worst and least in-keeping moments of the game. Ugh, Titan Joker. Joker, who it's all mind games about, should not be beaten up and taken out like any other thug. Something cleverer, like turning whatever big plan he has against him.

I don't particularly want boss battles, I want clever final 'fights' that match the characters.

That's how I feel. Most boss fights annoy me, I much prefer the aspects of the game that require planning and skill without be wash, rinse, repeat. I also agree about boss fights not really fitting Batman, with the exception of Bane and Croc and a few others most of Batman's villains can't go toe to toe with him.

I love the suggested idea of Red Hood being in the game. He'd make a great boss fight as well since he could actually fight Batman without it being a reptitive battle like Bane or Ivy.

I am concerned about the game being overcrowded with Robin and Nightwing (if he is in it) along with all the other villains. If Robin weren't in it, I'd love to see Nightwing make a cameo offering assistance and Batman saying he's got it under control or something like that.

That's how I feel. Most boss fights annoy me, I much prefer the aspects of the game that require planning and skill without be wash, rinse, repeat. I also agree about boss fights not really fitting Batman, with the exception of Bane and Croc and a few others most of Batman's villains can't go toe to toe with him.

This post made me question how Batman's rogue gallery is popular and respected in the first place.
DON'T EVER forget Mr. Feeze like that!!!!!!!!:mad::monkey2

"LETS KICK SOME ICE!"
"YOU'RE NOT SENDING ME TO DA COOLA!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

I'm guessing Deadshot will be more a side mission villain rather than a main villain. With so much being packed into this game and rumoured DLC down the track i wonder if Rocksteady will be moving on to other projects after this?

New gadgets

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4utHFAUv0"]Batman Arkham City - new gadgets - YouTube[/ame]

sweet. new gadgets look great, lots of options on how to deal with threats. I esp like how multi-purpose they are and will open up new areas with the ice pack, restarting elevators and such.

Back