Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's odd. I must have missed all of them. I have about a dozen B&W pieces and I don't ever recall seeing a card come with any of them. My first purchase was the Rizzo statue (the 1st one of the line) and the last 2 pieces I bought were the Capullo statues. I have no cards whatsoever between the Rizzo and Capullo pieces. Not saying the cards don't exist but it's weird that I never received any. I'm actually curious to see one of these cards and find out which releases they came with.

Glad I didn't lose them - the first 4 or so I packed up had the cards and then the others didn't. I've had all the statues since the beginning and I'm getting rid of about half.

Well, I'm taking yet another stab at the Arkham Asylum Bats. The other ones I purchased off ebay arrived with a broken batarang so I returned them. Hopefully, this new statue I ordered off the bay arrives in one piece. This is the only B&W piece that has eluded my collection over the years. After AA Bats, I won't have to chase down any more of the older B&W pieces.

I am only missing trench coat joker to complete my collection. I just love these things!

Are you looking to pick up the original release or are you going to get the variant? The first release goes for some pretty good coin. I was lucky and picked up the original Bermejo Joker from a board member here for a reasonable price. It's a fantastic looking piece. I really like the B&W line myself. There are some really cool looking statues in the line.

I have both joker re-releases ordered. They are the only white bases I will purchase.

I want the original. It goes for crazy money on ebay but my hope is that prices come down when the re-release hits.

So, my B&W AA Bats finally arrived yesterday and I'm overjoyed to say....HE'S PERFECT! Finally, after numerous tries, I've got an AA Bats for my B&W collection. He just looks great.

Which one the Arkham Knight or the Origins?

No the AA is for Arkham Asylum Bats. The original little B&W piece. This statue has been a real pain in my rear to score. The damn batarang always arrived broken on my previous purchases. Thankfully, this one came out just right.

No the AA is for Arkham Asylum Bats. The original little B&W piece. This statue has been a real pain in my rear to score. The damn batarang always arrived broken on my previous purchases. Thankfully, this one came out just right.

Oh I see, I always that thought that one was called Arkham Knight. I don't have that nor the more recent Arkham Origins, although I am tempted to pick both up since I am so close to completing the entire run.

Oh I see, I always that thought that one was called Arkham Knight. I don't have that nor the more recent Arkham Origins, although I am tempted to pick both up since I am so close to completing the entire run.

The Arkham Knight video game just came out about 2 weeks ago. Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins came out before it. I LOVE the Arkham games and most of the costumes in it. As far as I know there have only been 2 Arkham Bats made in the small B&W line (Asylum & Origins). However, DCC did release a B&W Arkham line that is much larger than the original B&W line. As if that isn't confusing enough, we now have a line of full color statues based on the Arkham Knight game. So, I can understand things can get a little confusing.

As for the Asylum and Origins Bats, I really dig them. Both costumes look great and the statues capture the look of the games perfectly. I highly recommend both pieces.

The Arkham Knight video game just came out about 2 weeks ago. Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins came out before it. I LOVE the Arkham games and most of the costumes in it. As far as I know there have only been 2 Arkham Bats made in the small B&W line (Asylum & Origins). However, DCC did release a B&W Arkham line that is much larger than the original B&W line. As if that isn't confusing enough, we now have a line of full color statues based on the Arkham Knight game. So, I can understand things can get a little confusing.

As for the Asylum and Origins Bats, I really dig them. Both costumes look great and the statues capture the look of the games perfectly. I highly recommend both pieces.

Never played the games but heard good thing. I have been putting off getting these statues, but I am very tempted now.

Never played the games but heard good thing. I have been putting off getting these statues, but I am very tempted now.

I love the games and love the updated look of the costume. It looks very tactical without losing the essence of the character. I got around to playing the games well after they were released. I was hooked after playing AA and AC. The Arkham Asylum B&W statue became a must have for me soon after. Glad to finally have it after so many failed attempts to acquire it.

I love the games and love the updated look of the costume. It looks very tactical without losing the essence of the character. I got around to playing the games well after they were released. I was hooked after playing AA and AC. The Arkham Asylum B&W statue became a must have for me soon after. Glad to finally have it after so many failed attempts to acquire it.

I always wanted to try it, the but the game seems like you really need to devote a lot of time. From what I understand the environments are huge and you can basically go anywhere. I do like Batman's costume though.

I always wanted to try it, the but the game seems like you really need to devote a lot of time. From what I understand the environments are huge and you can basically go anywhere. I do like Batman's costume though.

Arkham Asylum is basically set on an island. So it's not that hard to navigate. Arkham City is a bit bigger in scope. Both have maps that help you navigate the game and both were fun and enjoyable for me. The games do take some time to complete but for me, they were a lot of fun. The new game on the other hand (Arkham Knight) is the exact opposite. I'm not enjoying that game at all. It incorporates the batmobile way too much and requires a lot of racing and shooting with it. I suck at both so it's an incredibly frustrating game for me.

Arkham Asylum is basically set on an island. So it's not that hard to navigate. Arkham City is a bit bigger in scope. Both have maps that help you navigate the game and both were fun and enjoyable for me. The games do take some time to complete but for me, they were a lot of fun. The new game on the other hand (Arkham Knight) is the exact opposite. I'm not enjoying that game at all. It incorporates the batmobile way too much and requires a lot of racing and shooting with it. I suck at both so it's an incredibly frustrating game for me.

I think I will try out Arkham Asylum. Maybe it will make me buy the statues.
Congrats on the Blackhawks by the way, 3 in 6 is pretty amazing :bow

I think I will try out Arkham Asylum. Maybe it will make me buy the statues.
Congrats on the Blackhawks by the way, 3 in 6 is pretty amazing :bow

Give AA a try. I think you'll like it. Thanks, I still can't believe the Hawks have become such a competitive team. I remember all the bad seasons before Rocky Wirtz took over the team. Decades of mediocrity by his dad (Dollar Bill) wiped away in a few short years since Rocky took charge. This is an unbelievable run and you can believe I'm truly enjoying the hell out of it.

Its an amazing run for sure, now that the Rangers finally got rid of Sather, maybe we'll add some scoring depth. I feel we are so close but the window is shrinking.

Back