Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I've supported them so well throughout the years, Evil Angel oughta pay me.
Hahahaha yeah I remember having quite a stack at my dad's house lol. Evil Angel makes good movies, we should be paying them more lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Hahahaha yeah I remember having quite a stack at my dad's house lol. Evil Angel makes good movies, we should be paying them more lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Ix-nay on the orn-pay, ediSword-Jay. :lol

So when's that BvS trailer coming, eh? (Whistles)

Well especially if they're putting Doomsday in it. I think it's a bit too early after his introduction to the world to kill Superman but what do I know.

It's too early for Civil War too but...

With the way movies work different to comics many things that need to happen really later often have to happen sooner as the franchise won't last decades.

Let's say they wanted wait until the fourth Man of Steel to do the whole death of superman thing, and Man of steel 2 was coming in 2018 well by the time they could do it would be 2022.

That's nine years after the franchise started with only 4 movies in that time period and no solo superhero movie franchise since ironically reeve Superman has gone beyond three movies.

Just....imagine how much more impactful his 'death' would be if people (both movie audiences and earthlings in the movie) actually liked Superman. :lol

:lol

As I said a few months ago though, I think I get their plan.

Make us hate him, but then he saves everyone by giving his life. We realize we need him(Batman gets beat up by Darkseid or w/e), bring him back.

They need to give us this story especial how popular it was at the time it was released. The death and return of this particular character would be a tremdous story as it was in the comic properly adapted to on the big screen it would be really breaking ground as marvel can not really do this to any of their main stay characters. If I recall DC was the first to really execute this type of story telling so sucessfully.

Sure Bucky returned from the supposed grave but it will be nothing like what this story has to offer. I just hope to see this characters most iconic story presented on screen similar to Bane Breaking Batmans Back in knight fall. Although I think this would even better. Has the man of steel returns to battle Dark Side.

Interview with stunt/fight choreographer Guillermo Grispo

How was it to prepare the fights between Batman and Superman?
I was fascinated. I’m telling you, for me, I like both of the characters, but Batman I really love. In 2007 I almost worked on the second part of Christopher Nolan’s trilogy, but ultimately questions about the contract were not resolved and it all fell apart [se me cayo el mundo is idiomatic]. Luckily, afterwards Zack brought Batman into this project, making it an origin of the Justice League. Which means being in charge of the entire franchise and all the sequels that will be Zack’s next projects.

And what role did you have in the film?
I prepared choreography for the stunt coordinator and second unit director, Damon Caro, who Zack has work with for years. I worked with them on 300, Sucker Punch and the first Superman Man of Steel, and in truth, those movies were my film school. To me, Zack is the biggest name in action films, and he is an expert, but at the same time he gives free reign for designing the fights and doing the editing. Also, I’m tasked [not a great word] with operating the camera for the action shot tests, doing the choreography, and afterwards all of the image composition for these kinds of sample action scenes.

What can you tell us the story?
Look, at Warner Bros., they are very strict, so I can’t say much, but it’s no surprise if I say Batman and Superman come face-to-face in the movie. It’s one of the most important sequences and I was actively involved in the design of the fight: the exchange of punches and the physical movement were put together with my partner Ryan Watson.
There’s a thought that Batman has no chance, that the other [Superman] will squash him like a bug. But when you see the movie, and how it all comes out, there’s a very intelligent explanation as to why they would have a firsthand confrontation though it seems to be totally to Batman’s disadvantage.

Sounds entertaining designing fights between superheroes…
Of course! Just imagine, it was like making dulce de leche (a similar thing to chocolate here in Argentina). Now Batman it’s going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight… he’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements…
But hey, don’t get me wrong, Nolan is great, my hats off to him. He makes fascinating stories, but I think that he did not pay too much attention to the fights. Those are the kind of details that Zack, being so physical himself, loves preparing. I think there’s going to be a big difference when you see these Batman fights in comparison to the previous ones.

What do you have to be careful about when preparing these scenes?
A lot of things… You can come and say “well, now I want to hit against that window and I want to break it” and you’re told “No, no, stop!”, because you can’t turn the camera here or there because of the lighting, or because there isn’t a digital extension prepared for a certain point.
For example, imagine a fight in Gotham exteriors: I say “well, on this scene I want an angle looking upwards when he’s kicking”, and I’m told “no, look, if you look upwards that take will cost the production $80,000 more because we will have to add the digital extension from the buildings to the clouds, so try something else because is cheaper” (laughs).

Sounds like we might finally get a fighting Batman that looks good.

A really well done Batman fight scene, chock full of martial arts, would be a dream. It's ironic that the best Batman fight scenes so far were in the suit with the least mobility.

I don't expect Bats going after Superman with fancy karate.
I suspect there will be a scene or two with Batman beating regular thugs on his patrol nights or something, and then the big fight with Batman using either Kryptonite, Bat-armor or any other gimmick to make the fight against Supes a little more even.

If it's kryptonite, he very well might use his famous judo chop against Supes.

judo-chop-o.gif

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That's weird actually.

I know right? You'd think after all the fuss of making a bat suit designed specifically so he can move about more in the dark knight, they'd utilise that and have a really well done fight sequence to show it off. But still nothing rivals that scene in the alley in 1989's Batman. Begins had some really cool fight scenes but they were edited in such a choppy way you couldn't really tell. Really hoping we get some decent fight choreography in Affleck's rendition. Show Bats as a master of martial arts.

Amen - that's 200% classic Batman right there. :rock

Begins is a great film too, but as you basically say, there were some missed opportunities.

Yeah definitely, Begins is great and easily my favourite of that trilogy, and I love that they went to the effort of having the actors trained so they can perform some impressive fight scenes. But the way they were edited kind of made all that a bit pointless. I love the fight scenes in Batman and Batman Returns but they are a little spoiled by the shots where it's clearly somebody else in the suit or the odd awkward movement due to restrictions in the suit. But the scenes themselves are great and show Batman as a good fighter.

Back