Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only question for those that have seen this movie: is there an Aquaman cameo? If no, this movie is a serious Aqua FAIL

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's like this.

Oh no! That isn't real, as in pertaining to the movie, is it?

If so, Poor kid.

Oh it's real, they cut away before Mickey Mouse came over and started licking the tears off his face.
image.jpeg

J/k

I am really worried about the DCEU future right now. I saw The movie last night, and of course it's not a masterpiece but it's not a terrible Movie either. Like others have said, i think the movie suffers a little bit of Spiderman 3 syndrome, which is a shame because the history had a lot of potential. Also there are some things in the movie that only comicbook readers will get, leaving regular people confused. Maybe the best thing for the DCEU is to get rid of Snyder.

While its not masterpiece its definitely not terrible. These reviews seem a little harsh for sure. Hoping most of you guys go into this with an open mind and tell us your honest opinion. I'm a little baffled people are thinking this is amazing spiderman 2 bad, or Elektra bad.

Some spoilers here, but already hinted at by several posts in this thread:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the real headline is that Snyder thinks Burton Batman is where people got the idea that Batman doesn't kill. I really hope I read that wrong or he's being misquoted. I mean.... He's got the keys to the kingdom. That's ****ed up, right?

I think the real headline is that Snyder thinks Burton Batman is where people got the idea that Batman doesn't kill. I really hope I read that wrong or he's being misquoted. I mean.... He's got the keys to the kingdom. That's ****ed up, right?

thats exactly how he meant it. That the idea of a non killing batman is from Burton (the video he saw probably added the Burton kills and Snyder thought they meant it was the same point being made as with Nolan's batman)

I knew Batman killed in this, and I don't mind since this Batman is a world weary, cynical, hollowed out, shell of a man but Snyder's reasoning is absolute ****. :lol

Just say your Batman gave up on that ethical principle because of all the events he's witnessed in life. That he doesn't care that he's crossed that line because even he has a death wish. How hard is that. But no, bring up Burton and Nolan versions ("t-they killed t-too"). Makes no sense.

Haven't seen it yet but like MoS I'll probably like some parts and not others.
Comicbook movies are hard to get right and be well received because most everyone's going in with a preconceived notion of what the characters should be like.
Most movies don't have to contend with that unique problem.
The Russos do seem to pull it off better than most.

Does anyone know the history of the batman killing/not killing ? When did that become a thing? When looking at certain aspects of burton and Nolan movies I tend to think of some of it as movie magic that thugs aren't really being killed. I know its a tough argument for the burton ones, but for the Nolan movies people getting destroyed in car crashes never bothered me. And then this conversation kind of rolls over to ras' fate in batman begins and I always question if it makes sense for batman to make that decision

Back