Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic 4 was DOA :lol

Not true, DOA was better!

149.gif

This movie has already acheived cult status.

:lol:lol

It's sad. Not too long ago, experts were saying BVS was going to be the biggest film of 2016, but now it looks like CW or Rouge One might take that spot. CW is going to make over a billion easy...the question is how much more is it going to make, while SW, although it's a spin off, I think the moment they show Vader doing some cool stuff like fighting like we've never seen him before, that film has a chance to be huge. WB must be on suicide watch right now...and I don't mean they're watching the SS film. :lol

It's sad. Not too long ago, experts were saying BVS was going to be the biggest film of 2016, but now it looks like CW or Rouge One might take that spot. CW is going to make over a billion easy...the question is how much more is it going to make, while SW, although it's a spin off, I think the moment they show Vader doing some cool stuff like fighting like we've never seen him before, that film has a chance to be huge. WB must be on suicide watch right now...and I don't mean they're watching the SS film. :lol

Vader will be the poster boy for Rogue One. They'll market the hell out of him. $$$$$$$$$$

Well, we won't know until Sunday but if this movie bombs there a plenty of "untouchable" professionals at WB/DC who will soon learn the hard public way just how touchable they really are.

That axe is going to swing far, wide and deep.

No one will be safe....just ask Sony lol.

I must say I'm gobsmacked at how low this movie is getting. Considering the amount of extra time they put into making it good.

I've got my ticket for Sunday so ill wait to reserve judgement. I adored MOS so I'm hoping i still love it.

After Zach Snyder said that thing about the killing, I went and looked for the video. I dunno if this is the one he meant, but oh man, this is great. :lol

Watch it.

I don't think the Penguin in Returns or the thugs killing themselves in Forever should count though.

I think it's too early to dismiss BvS from being the top grosser this year, among 2016 releases that is (majority of TFA's take still counts as 2016). There's just so much hype for this movie and features very iconic characters, it's hard to call it this early. Despite poor reviews, OW is still tracking in the range of $140M-$160M dom, and over $300M WW. I'm waiting to see that 2nd weekend drop, there's the off-chance that the GA ends up loving this movie despite the reviews, notably in overseas territories. However if I were a betting man, I'd say CW wins out with BvS and Rogue One battling it out for 2nd place. Rogue One is not gonna do TFA numbers, as it doesn't have the halo effect of releasing after a long hiatus of SW films. Plus like TFA, most of its take will be counted in 2017, so depends how you want to track the #s.

I think it's too early to dismiss BvS from being the top grosser this year

True, there's always the "Transformers/Fast & Furious" effect. BvS could (and probably will) still be huge, especially overseas.

Rogue One is not gonna do TFA numbers

Definitely not. And the movie still has to be good because not even JEJ Vader will save it otherwise. If he's just stomping around "No"-ing his way from scene to scene as the rebel spies constantly thwart him then forget it.

After Zach Snyder said that thing about the killing, I went and looked for the video. I dunno if this is the one he meant, but oh man, this is great. :lol

Watch it.

I don't think the Penguin in Returns or the thugs killing themselves in Forever should count though.

Man, even West killed a dude with a kick. I thought Clooney killed Bane?

I always thought it was funny how in Begins, Bruce is like, "I won't take this man's life"....and he ends up burning the whole place down and killing a bunch of people, including the guy he didn't want to kill, probably :lol

Back