*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It was actually just that one time, I love that it's become a running gag......running....I had to do a lot of that on that fateful day in the rain...to still arrive some 20 minutes late for my showing of Jurassic World, only front seats remained available, me on the extreme left, neck twisted for an hour and a half....I'll never go to the movies again

And we love you for giving us the gift that keeps on giving look at it like an Olympic torch always needing to be lit every once in awhile lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It was actually just that one time, I love that it's become a running gag......running....I had to do a lot of that on that fateful day in the rain...to still arrive some 20 minutes late for my showing of Jurassic World, only front seats remained available, me on the extreme left, soaked to the skin and neck twisted for an hour and a half....I'll never go to the movies again

:lol :lol

Was it really just that one time? Wasn't there another movie where you arrived and some guy was in your assigned seat and you decided not to argue and moved to the front but this time someone spilled beer on you? Or was that all part of the same JW nightmare, lol.

I watched an interview with the director this morning. He talked about reaching out to the deceased actor's widow and by extension his family. They said he was disappointed that later in life he did not get many offers to be in films and that he really loved Alien and that he would have jumped at the chance to do it so therefore gave their blessing. Certainly, a step up from what happened with Reeve and the Flash movie.

I can't think how they ruined Alien in it.
I forgot to add that it was Ridley's idea.

Thats good to hear, my mate is a bit of an alarmist so with regards to the ending of Alien he may have been exaggerating - but the actor thing is what really put me off, but if their family is okay with it and thinks they would have been okay with it then that makes me feel a bit better.
Still dont love that studios are doing this at all though.
Like you say the Reeve move in the Flash was just gross.
I thought the character was used effectively in the movie, but the execution left a bit to be desired with some very dodgy CGI. And I think they would have been better off keeping him more in shadow instead of throwing a bright light on him.

Man all of these years later and I’m still really trying to wrap my head around this black goo stuff.

I just don’t get it, if the engineer was on early earth and drank the black goo which created humans then us humans already are xenomorphs mixed with engineer dna.

That engineer home planet made no sense.

It was all males, or were they both male female. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was it an allegory for thousands of religious men (christian or muslim) at their yearly meca being exterminated by an atheist (android) being?

Was it us punishing our creators for making us humans being capable of murder by introducing the black evil goo weapon into our DNA?

Why hasn’t the mix of human and black goo produced the same results again?

Man I really hate Ridley breaking the mystery of the space jockey and Big Chap.

I prefer the fear of the unknown!

The answers don’t matter literally the word “ALIEN” means we don’t know what it is.

Not knowing = scary creepy!

I don’t mean alien as in the peruvian chef at my favorite restaurant lol

Screw this i’m going to go watch The Acolyte lol

Last edited:
Man all of these years later and I’m still really trying to wrap my head around this black goo stuff.

I just don’t get it, if the engineer was on early earth and drank the black goo which created humans then us humans already are xenomorphs mixed with engineer dna.

That engineer home planet made no sense.

It was all males, or were they both male female. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was it an allegory for thousands of religious men (christian or muslim) at their yearly meca being exterminated by an atheist (android) being?

Was it us punishing our creators for making us humans being capable of murder by introducing the black evil goo weapon into our DNA?

Why hasn’t the mix of human and black goo produced the same results again?

Man I really hate Ridley breaking the mystery of the space jockey and Big Chap.

Screw this i’m going to go watch The Acolyte lol
The engineers at the beginning weren't on earth, it was misdirection. The researchers assumed falsely that they were the creators only to discover that they were genetically and morphologically human, and so evolved on earth and were related to all other life on earth. Instead of finding god they found uplifted humans who stole fire from the gods (black goo etc) and were trying to be gods themselves when things went wrong. History then repeated when David the android stole fire from the gods in an attempt to himself become a god, to the same disastrous effect. A cycle of children playing with fire then getting burnt.

That leaves the question of who the gods are, and it seems to be the real space jockeys which I like to think of as some sort of Lovecraftian horror. That is why the Engineers use their ships and have suits made to resemble them.

As for what the goo creates, I think it depends on what type of goo. Various creatures including the Deacon, Xeno, xeno eggs and facehuggers were depicted in the various murals while the vase-like containers had differing writing on them and some were smaller than others, so obviously there were multiple types of goo each of which would create different creatures.

The ampule David took was a Deacon creation one. The goo the Engineers used at beginning of the movie might have been designed to create other beings. Them infecting water supply could mean it was an attack on local beings even.

Oh, and the planet of the Engineers had females IIRC. Their strange appearance might be due to being adapted to space travel or even inclusion of tiny doses of goo to alter them. Perhaps the goo can be used to make humans adapt to new environments and that tiny amount of Xeno biomechanical material creates the facial features, which explains why human plus Xeno made hybrid baby that had engineer features.

Last edited:
The engineers at the beginning weren't on earth, it was misdirection. The researchers sssumed falsely that they were the creators only to discover that they were genetically and morphologically human, and so evolved on earth and were related to all other life on earth. Instead of finding god they found uplifted humans who stole fire from the gods (black goo etc) and were trying to be gods themselves when things went wrong. History then repeated when David the android stole fire from the gods in an attempt to himself become a god, to the same disastrous effect. A cycle of children playing with fire then getting burnt.

That leaves the question of who the gods are, and it seems the real space jockeys which I like to think of as some sort of Lovecraftian horror.

As for what the goo creates, I think it depends on what type of goo. Various creatures including the Deacon, Xeno, xeno eggs and facehuggers were depicted in the various murals while the vase-like containers had differing writing on them and some were smaller than others, so obviously there were multiple types of goo each of which would create different creatures.
The ampule David took was a Deacon creation one. The goo the Engineers used at beginning of the movie might have been designed to create other beings. Them infecting water supply could mean it was an attack on local beings even.

Oh, and the planet of the Engineers had females IIRC. Their strange appearance might be due to being adapted to space travel or even inclusion of tiny doses of goo to alter them. Perhaps the goo can be used to make humans adapt to new environments and that tiny amount of Xeno biomechanical material creates the features, which explains why human plus Xeno made hybrid baby that had engineer features
They took a simple and effective premise and over complicated it into ruin.

My wife cried when the newborn in Alien Resurrection died. I somehow don't think she will do so watching this new film.
She did? That part was disgusting. I can’t look at it fully. Idk wtf was going through there heads. So disturbing

They took a simple and effective premise and over complicated into ruin.
Yes. But to be fair, if a franchise is to avoid going stale you need to expand things. The main issue is execution. Prometheus especially was an absolute mess with constant changes throughout production and, with Ridley seemingly throwing new ideas at the writer constantly. Then there was the editing which made it a massive convoluted mess.

All the explanations to common questions are either shown on screen or can inferred from what was shown. Problem is, it is all buried deep under the clutter and confusion that defines Prometheus. The whole thing is a big, beautiful mess of a movie. You have to pick it apart in detail to make sense of anything.

Yes. But to be fair, if a franchise is to avoid going stale you need to expand things. The main issue is execution. Promeus especially was a mess with constant changes throughout production and editing with Ridley seemingly throwing news ideas at the writer constantly. Then there was the editing which made it a massive convoluted mess.

All the explanations to common questions are either shown on screen or can inferred from what was shown. Problem is, it is all buried deep under the clutter and confusion that defines Prometheus. The whole thing is a big, beautiful mess of a movie. You have to pick it apart in detail to make sense of anything.
At least there wasn’t a character named “Houston” in this one.

I hope next movie a character is named “Jersey City” lol

She did? That part was disgusting. I can’t look at it fully. Idk wtf was going through there heads. So disturbing
Oh, so it worked on you the way it was supposed to. It was supposed to be horrid, disgusting and ultimately disturbing as what is essentially an infant screams for its mother

Oh, so it worked on you the way it was supposed to. It was supposed to be horrid, disgusting and ultimately disturbing as what is essentially an infant screams for its mother
Yea honestly the whole film is disgusting to me. Like the alien films are disgusting yes but that movie was just gross. Like I can’t eat after watching it gross. I think I hate it cause of that. The alien franchise is gross sure but like disturbing kinda scary gross. This was like something different? Idk how to explain but the other films didn’t feel as weird as that one.

Yea honestly the whole film is disgusting to me. Like the alien films are disgusting yes but that movie was just gross. Like I can’t eat after watching it gross. I think I hate it cause of that. The alien franchise is gross sure but like disturbing kinda scary gross. This was like something different? Idk how to explain but the other films didn’t feel as weird as that one.
Direction style (not to mention camera work), colour pallette and fleshy Xeno's. Uneasy combination

Prob doesn't help that the newborn has a massive vajayjay on show

:lol :lol

Was it really just that one time? Wasn't there another movie where you arrived and some guy was in your assigned seat

Hmmm, that seems familiar.

and you decided not to argue and moved to the front but this time someone spilled beer on you? Or was that all part of the same JW nightmare, lol.

I don't remember that though - the mainstream cinemas here don't sell beer....then again it's been long enough since I've been in one maybe they do now :lol

Back