*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is me, Khev and Rotfish trying to comprehend jazter’s understanding of the Space Jockey’s origins in relation to the Engineers and Humans….

1724007973315.gif

Last edited:
100% agree. Round of applause.
I really hated the engineers and black goo. Crushing disappointment.
If only Ridley had left Alien alone.
The worst thing though, is that we're not allowed to move on from it. It gets shoved into current Alien projects. The last 3 movies!
I seem to be in the minority that hates that crap. Every Alien discussion invariably leads to discussion of it. Its been retrospectively rammed into the mythos and we're now stuck with it.

It took me a long time to accept what has happened to Star Wars and to walk away from it, stop caring about it (I'm still in the process of selling off/throwing away a substantial collection that I now feel nothing for)
Same with Star Trek, Terminator, Dr Who and so so many other franchises.
I'll probably have to do the same with Alien because it seems everything Alien has to include Ridley's brain farts.

I feel like Tommy Lee Jones in No Country for Old Men.
The black goo is definitely the "midichlorians" of the ALIEN universe. So I just consider Prometheus/Covenant an alternate canon and ignore them when watching any of the other films (including Romulus) just like I ignore the SW PT when watching the OT.

Does the worldwide figure include the domestic or are they entirely separate?
Domestic is included.

Honestly I'd rather have this movie bomb than Furiosa. Then ALIEN could have ended on a high note and we could have gotten The Wasteland. Now Ridley might be encouraged to keep making more movies in his ongoing "From Goo to You" saga.

The black goo is definitely the "midichlorians" of the ALIEN universe. So I just consider Prometheus/Covenant an alternate canon and ignore them when watching any of the other films (including Romulus) just like I ignore the SW PT when watching the OT.
I am totally ok with:

a queen alien laying an egg

an egg sends out a spider

a spider impregnates a human to create a Xenomoph

DONE!

3 simple steps.

Sometimes I think people over complicate things to hide the fact that their core idea is just simple.

Since when did simple become something to be ashamed and embarrassed by?

That’s promising. As a big fan of Prometheus (my introduction to the franchise) and the entire series really (Resurrection is the only one I don’t care for and have only seen once), I want this to have a box office success. Sure, it’s a double edged sword, but I’m happy to see it being back.

Furiosa was great too and fresh. It’s unfortunate it didn’t do well.

I am totally ok with:

a queen alien laying an egg

an egg sends out a spider

a spider impregnates a human to create a Xenomoph

DONE!

3 simple steps.

Sometimes I think people over complicate things to hide the fact that their core idea is just simple.

Since when did simple become something to be ashamed and embarrassed by?

Even simpler without the Queen. A more perfect organism. :D

And more otherworldly. Egg morphing is just so much more horrifc and alien than the Space equivalent of a termite colony.
As much as I like Aliens, I've always preferred the "Starbeast" cosmic horror of Alien to the alien anthill of Aliens.
I love Aliens like everyone else but you are not wrong.

I’m just going with what Cameron gave is in the last great Aliens movie.

Last edited:
As much as I know Aliens (1986) is the second best entry in the franchise, it just doesn’t do it for me on various fronts. Never liked the whole turning the aliens into giant bugs or the bombastic action. I do appreciate the Colonial Marines and Ripley and even Newt of course, but overall, I prefer stuff like Prometheus, Isolation, the beginning of Covenant and now, Romulus.

I totally get why someone who saw ALIEN in the theater in 1979 and read about the Dallas egg in the novelization and then waited 7 long years for a sequel would be dismayed by Cameron's changes to the life-cycle and that the "perfect organisms" were put in a situation where they could be unceremoniously gunned down en masse.

But I saw ALIENS first so didn't have the baggage and therefore get to just appreciate both films as being their own individual masterpieces.

My version of "Cameron screwed up the life-cycle" was Hicks and Newt being killed off in Alien 3. I hate it, but I begrudgingly respect (and even appreciate) the filmmaking work that Fincher did regardless.

$40.5 million opening weekend domestic.
$108.2 million worldwide.

Not a bad start for an $80 million budget.
So this is getting a sequel?
The creepy man-baby-morph, makes its way back to LV-426, and the Space Jokey ship and exoskeleton (sorry it is a space suit), then goes on to new adventures. :lol
90oi9d.gif
:wink1:

Back