*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quote coming from the man that has advocated every Terminator iteration since number 2 and now saying that he would never have put guns in his films in retrospect.

Yup, I give a whole lot of credibility to this clown these days. Used to love him, now he's just an egotistical wanker.
Or maybe he makes films for a living and has done for half a century and knows what he’s talking about?

My son just showed his best friend Aliens. He never saw it before.

They then went to see Romulus. It was my sons second viewing he still said it was no good :lol

His friend… Well he was sort of in shock by the downgrade in quality :lol

He doesn’t even know the other films accept for Alien and Aliens.

I’m starting to think people who liked this film are only in my imagination. Sorry Khev and Crow… you apparently don’t exist :lol
Conversely my mate Sam rated Romulus higher than Aliens, which kind of left me speechless 😶

Or maybe he makes films for a living and has done for half a century and knows what he’s talking about?

How could I be so blind and stupid??? Thanks for pointing that out.

And, you're right, of course; he definitely would have been the "star" director he is today if he had have taken guns out of all his previous films.

As for telling us Dark Fate was the best Terminator film since 2 in its lead up to release (which he did with all of them - then denouncing it after its failure) he defintiely knows what he's talking about... :slap Or maybe he just likes the coin?

As I said, I loved him back in the day and thought he was a genius. He's still a genius on so many levels, but he's been reading too much of his own press over the last few years.

You know it is possible for them to lose their way as they get older. Not many carried their genius until their final films.

That makes no sense since human DNA is closely related to all life on Earth and DNA contains essentially an evolutionary history allowing us to identify which earth beings we are closely related to and roughly when on the evolutionary tree we evolved.

Basically, Ridley would have had to ignore long established science from past several decades to come up with "humans were created by aliens".

The only way Engineers being genetically human and looking human is if they came from Earth. (Hence the design pitch being future space faring humans)

Now, even if, for the sake of argument, we assume that Ridley really intended them to be the creators of humans, there is enough contradictory evidence on screen that it could easily be retconned to make them uplifted humans. Same as how the murals demonstrate Xenos (and Deacon) existed before David created anything

but engineers created everything.
all life. not just humans. all animals too

How could I be so blind and stupid??? Thanks for pointing that out.

And, you're right, of course; he definitely would have been the "star" director he is today if he had have taken guns out of all his previous films.

As for telling us Dark Fate was the best Terminator film since 2 in its lead up to release (which he did with all of them - then denouncing it after its failure) he defintiely knows what he's talking about... :slap Or maybe he just likes the coin?

As I said, I loved him back in the day and thought he was a genius. He's still a genius on so many levels, but he's been reading too much of his own press over the last few years.

You know it is possible for them to lose their way as they get older. Not many carried their genius until their final films.
Of course, no director, musician, artist or anyone involved in art has a 100 percent hit rate, even Bowie made some bad albums.
The most ironically named album of all time - Never Let Me Down!
However the guy knows the technicalities of film making and I’m more inclined to take his view on the Aliens 4k rather than some random fan posting on the internet.
Call me crazy, but that’s just my view and personally I thought the transfer looked phenomenal.

but engineers created everything.
all life. not just humans. all animals too
Life already existed (trees in background etc, which we are genetically related to). Also wouldn't make sense to create life on earth only for genetically identical beings to evolve later.

None of it makes sense if Engineers created life on earth or even just humsns.

People: I hate that prometheus made the space jockeys creators of humans and that the jockeys were really humans called Engineers and David created the xenomorph, it is so stupid.

Me: the movies contradict that and suggests actually that Engineers are uplifted humans and not the same species as the giant Jockey. Prometheus also shows Xenos and Deacon already existed prior to Davids experiments. Engineers being humans who stole the life creating/altering goo from the gods ties entirely into the themes of Prometheus and makes it all make logical and scientific sense.

People: nuh uh, that is wrong, we prefer the nonsensical human creating Engineers that ruined the franchise.

People: Why did Ridley ruin the franchise. I hate that prometheus made the space jockeys creators of humans and that the jockeys were really humans called Engineers and David created the xenomorph, it is so stupid

Of course, no director, musician, artist or anyone involved in art has a 100 percent hit rate, even Bowie made some bad albums.
However the guy knows the technicalities of film making and I’m more inclined to take his view on the Aliens 4k rather than some random fan posting on the internet.
Call me crazy, but that’s just my view and personally I thought the transfer looked phenomenal.
A lot of these people complaining about the picture in Aliens are possibly using their own eyes. Not going off a random fans opinion.

I think if Cameron had a decent rebuttal he would have used it. Not just attacked the question.

It's his film, he can do what he wants with it. That doesn't mean 1986 Cameron would agree with the changes.

A lot of these people complaining about the picture in Aliens are possibly using their own eyes. Not going off a random fans opinion.

I think if Cameron had a decent rebuttal he would have used it. Not just attacked the question.

It's his film, he can do what he wants with it. That doesn't mean 1986 Cameron would agree with the changes.
Precisely. Film buffs know what a good quality image looks like, ignore them at own peril.

I personally lost all respect for Cameron long ago. As others pointed out he is pretty much a politician at this point with how he say new movie is amazing then after people see it and say they hate it he bashes it.

Last edited:
**** THIS MOVIE

Seriously like…

**** THIS MOVIE!

I initially said the same thing about Deadpool and Wolverine when I came out, but then I realized I wasn’t being fair to the movie because I was judging it based on my fantasy of what I wanted to see instead of judging the movie on its own merits and I reversed my review to be very positive about it, it did ITS OWN THING to perfection.

This movie WILL NOT be getting that reversal.
That's interesting, If you actually changed your mind in favor of Deadpool then maybe I'm gonna like Romulus after all...

Yup

He literally said when making Aliens that he was going to show Ridley “how it’s done!” lol
The film industry needs more self obsessed narcissists. They clearly make the best movies...

A quote coming from the man that has advocated every Terminator iteration since number 2 and now saying that he would never have put guns in his films in retrospect.
He just needs a testosterone injection...
Yup, I give a whole lot of credibility to this clown these days. Used to love him, now he's just an egotistical wanker.
He always was. You get to know people better the longer they expose themselves to the public...

IMG_0263.jpeg

Good points, and I agree 100% about the 4k transfer.

I guess I'm just over these "famous" people being so belligerent toward the people (fans) that have made them the wealthy people they are today. It blows my mind how they think that pissing into people's faces is going to win them any favor.

Some will be able to hold their heads high, and others will leave an awful legacy when they're gone.

I used to love Kathleen Kennedy for about 3 decades too... 😔

Back