*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with Deadpool/Wolverine, I've spoiled the bejaysus out of this movie for myself. The sooner my town gets a damn cinema again the better.

On the callbacks discussion, I don't mind (and would even want in some cases) repeated sound effects from earlier movies - but characters repeating exact lines of famous dialogue from the previous movies is too on the nose.

''Oh yeah, a-dev?! What about the T-800 saying the line 'come with me if you want to live' in T2?''.......now that you mention it hypothetical contrarian person, yeah, you're right - that particular sentence is kind of an un-machinelike thing for a T-800 to say and is clearly just a winking callback to when Kyle Reese said those very same words in similar circumstances to Sarah Connor in the first movie. I've excused and not even noticed how kind of silly that is all this time.

So, yeah, I dunno how I'll feel when I hear ''get away from her you b!tch'' again. It may well depend on how much I like (or don't) the movie overall.
Well you know I’m not a huge T2 fan and feel it’s a bit too much of a remake of the superior first film

But that line works as a callback as she is the same character dealing with what her lover said and what looks like the machine that killed Jim and tried to kill her is saying. It works the situation are similar and as a callback it’s one of my favs in that film.

This one does not work.. it might have been ok with just “Get away from her” and left it alone.. but there is a pause, as crows said, and the “You *****” feels like a fan service callback and that’s it…

Just cringe

what do they call that thing a character has in TV shows, some repetitive line like "Dy-no-mite" that is used to generate a clapping response from the seals audience...? A catchphrase?

That's what all these are.

They need to make an Alien movie with so little dialogue that only the catchphrases remains...

Start the film off with someone receiving a message and reporting: ...it's more like a warning.

Then no dialogue until they are confronted with a parasite: How we gonna get that off him?

Then again, nothing until: Why don't you put her in charge?

Later: You... are.... my lucky.... star...

Finally, it ends with: Get away from here, you *****. [a line so many people like and yet it cannot be typed on a little doll forum]

Like a silent movie without only the lines that people like in an Alien movie.

Wipe A24 from your mouth when talking about this film.

Have you or Jye even watched Hereditary yet??
Hereditary is my favorite modern horror movie.

It is “almost” the modern Exorcist in shock value.

I say almost because Exorcist will forever be my favorite horror movie and that movie will never be touched in the shock value it had in the 70s.

The **** Friedkin pulled off in the 70’s was insane and it remains insane today even in this crazy 2024 world.

I say almost because Exorcist will forever be my favorite horror movie and that movie will never be touched in the shock value it had in the 70s.

The **** Friedkin pulled off in the 70’s was insane and it remains insane today even in this crazy 2024 world.

Did you miss Phantom of the Opera in the 20s? People literally had heart attacks in the aisles the face was so shocking.

James Cameron showing that he's still super chill and even tempered when it comes to handling criticism, lol.

Hollywood Reporter: So you’ve also had recently the 4K transfers of Aliens and True Lies that came out. It did get blowback in the fan community, some feeling that the image quality wasn’t as high as they wanted it to be. You obviously have a very high standard. So I’m wondering what you thought?

James Cameron: When people start reviewing your grain structure, they need to move out of mom’s basement and meet somebody. Right? I’m serious. I mean, are you ******* kidding me? I’ve got a great team that does the transfers. I do all the color and density work. I look at every shot, every frame, and then the final transfer is done by a guy who has been with me [for years]. All the Avatar films are done that way. Everything is done that way. Get a life, people, seriously.

James Cameron showing that he's still super chill and even tempered when it comes to handling criticism, lol.

Hollywood Reporter: So you’ve also had recently the 4K transfers of Aliens and True Lies that came out. It did get blowback in the fan community, some feeling that the image quality wasn’t as high as they wanted it to be. You obviously have a very high standard. So I’m wondering what you thought?

James Cameron: When people start reviewing your grain structure, they need to move out of mom’s basement and meet somebody. Right? I’m serious. I mean, are you ******* kidding me? I’ve got a great team that does the transfers. I do all the color and density work. I look at every shot, every frame, and then the final transfer is done by a guy who has been with me [for years]. All the Avatar films are done that way. Everything is done that way. Get a life, people, seriously.
Freaking epic lol

There are 4K reviewers super sad on Youtube :rotfl

i read online that the Marilyn Manson looking offspring was supposed to bite on the chest of kay ( it's mother) and "breastfeed" while killing her ( which is why she had that clear goo coming out of her chest when she touched her chest)
but that Disney made them change it? and there might be a different cut of that movie?

I know it's rumor, but it would make sense on why she touched her chest and she had clear goo in her hands

i read online that the Marilyn Manson looking offspring was supposed to bite on the chest of kay ( it's mother) and "breastfeed" while killing her ( which is why she had that clear goo coming out of her chest when she touched her chest)
but that Disney made them change it? and there might be a different cut of that movie?

I know it's rumor, but it would make sense on why she touched her chest and she had clear goo in her hands
I thought that was obvious. And added to it's whole creep factor. :google

The cut I saw was indeed from behind the slendermorph but it was clearly sucking at her chest -- I remember thinking "is he sucking at her teat, that's nasty?"

The cut I saw was indeed from behind the slendermorph but it was clearly sucking at her chest -- I remember thinking "is he sucking at her teat, that's nasty?"
I don't know, I'm not sure I remember it. her head is kind of leaning downward and the creature's mouth is around the neck area. well it looked like the neck.

but it could be directly on the chest. I know there's a picture of it online.

Back