*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every single documentary that can possibly be made about our favorite movies from the 80s will be redundant.

There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing new that can be learned that no true fan already doesn’t know about every single sc-fi fantasy action movies from that era from existing information.

Sorry to ruin the experience.

Sorry to ruin the surprise but yes Edward Furlong went and ruined his career with drugs shocker I know lol
Jesus Christ 😳

Jesus Christ 😳
I mean am I wrong?

I believe any new documentary would be just a cash grab full of redundant interviews and retrospectives.

Youtube has super deep dive analysis on every single 80’s action sci-fi fantasy movies ever made.

Like super SUPER deep dives including the famous long one for The Thing just on if Childs is an alien or not!

My post was also not meant as a strike against your enthusiasm i’m right there with you on the love for The Thing and T2.

While I certainly agree with you the general consensus seems to be that what callbacks were there was diluted enough to not overshadow the new that was there.

My problem remains though, why hadn’t the government corp gone there already to retrieve their assets.
Yeah, that had me scratching my head as well. Also, it seems a bit odd that this group can just take off in a ship without anybody caring. W-Y is depicted as this very controlling company. Were they all off-duty that day? Is anybody allowed to take off into space just like that? Seems a bit odd.
And the fact that nobody from W-Y was sent to check on the station was really pushing it. But I could overlook that for the sake of the story moving forward.
It also bothered me a bit how they speeded up the gestation of the alien again. Was this a new record? Can't remember if there was a faster transition from facehugger to chestburster to fully grown adult. And where the hell did they get so many eggs/facehuggers from?
It all seemed like a bit of lazy writing to me...
I think I'll go and watch again this week, I want to pay attention to all the details, see if I missed something.

I mean am I wrong?

I believe any new documentary would be just a cash grab full of redundant interviews and retrospectives.

Youtube has super deep dive analysis on every single 80’s action sci-fi fantasy movies ever made.

Like super SUPER deep dives including the famous long one for The Thing just on if Childs is an alien or not!
No, I think you're right.
Unless there are some amazing BTS or deleted scenes that have not been leaked, there really isn't much new to be learned. Of course, the interviews with the actors can be interesting, but nowadays it's usually just a long collection of statements on how everybody knew they were part of something special...

Yeah, that had me scratching my head as well. Also, it seems a bit odd that this group can just take off in a ship without anybody caring. W-Y is depicted as this very controlling company. Were they all off-duty that day? Is anybody allowed to take off into space just like that? Seems a bit odd.
And the fact that nobody from W-Y was sent to check on the station was really pushing it. But I could overlook that for the sake of the story moving forward.
It also bothered me a bit how they speeded up the gestation of the alien again. Was this a new record? Can't remember if there was a faster transition from facehugger to chestburster to fully grown adult. And where the hell did they get so many eggs/facehuggers from?
It all seemed like a bit of lazy writing to me...
I think I'll go and watch again this week, I want to pay attention to all the details, see if I missed something.
I think the basis for allowing space travel is that no one is going far without perishing so there’s no need to police it, which I guess makes sense.

I wish Inart and Hot Toys could have a release window as fast as the face hugger to Xenomorph release window.

Unless there are some amazing BTS or deleted scenes that have not been leaked, there really isn't much new to be learned. Of course, the interviews with the actors can be interesting, but nowadays it's usually just a long collection of statements on how everybody knew they were part of something special...
It is 2024 for crying out loud plenty of time has passed since those movies.

Empire strikes back opening night I had no concept of 2024 lol

I think the basis for allowing space travel is that no one is going far without perishing so there’s no need to police it, which I guess makes sense.

I wish Inart and Hot Toys could have a release window as fast as the face hugger to Xenomorph release window.
That makes sense.

Every single documentary that can possibly be made about our favorite movies from the 80s will be redundant.

There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing new that can be learned that no true fan already doesn’t know about every single sc-fi fantasy action movies from that era from existing information.

Sorry to ruin the experience.

Sorry to ruin the surprise but yes Edward Furlong went and ruined his career with drugs shocker I know lol
The term "true fan" is very broad. The amount they do and don't know could vary quite a lot.

The last time I watched anything to do with the making of Aliens was 21 years ago. There's no way I will remember most of it and I get to go through it all again

Last edited:
In saying that some YouTuber put up a making of the chestburster the other day and it had photos of Roger Dickens turkey burster that I had never seen before.
It did look comical!

Finally watched this today.

The ending is awful. Hate everything about it.

The film stars well then starts to feel sluggish.

The anti-gravity and elevator shaft scene had potential however didn't quite stick the landing.

Overall very disappointing as there was a potentially good film in there.

Finally watched this today.

The ending is awful. Hate everything about it.

The film stars well then starts to feel sluggish.

The anti-gravity and elevator shaft scene had potential however didn't quite stick the landing.

Overall very disappointing as there was a potentially good film in there.

It becomes crowded and cluttered, but people seem to love "greatest hits" movies these days so it makes bucks and keeps the cycle going.

I dunno if this was intentional, but well done. 😁
Haha, no it wasn't intentional. Wish I'd thought of that. :lol

That should have been the ending. Instead of shooting all the xenos in the space of 30 seconds, Rain should have had to navigate the hive and kill them one by one. Then, have a proper final fight against the new xeno in the shaft, a mix and gravity/anti-gravity cat and mouse game. Fight to the top.

Saw this on Reddit: "Alien Romulus Premier in Japan"

Alien_Romulus.jpg

Alien_Romulus2.jpg

Back