*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep forgetting that Disney now owns the license to this franchise. I think Baby Yoda would eat baby-morph and slurp the black goo to increase his force powers - no doubt.

Eat baby-morph for breakfast I will...

Screenshot_20240909_165448_Gallery.jpg

"Disney wept"

"The goo. You sequenced it. We came. Now you must come with us, taste our crossovers"

Got to watch the movie finally.

The callback lines didn't bother me but the speed that the xenos gestate and grow was ridiculously fast. Like supernatural fast. Also, where were they gaining mass from? In Alien we could presume the chest burster had been feeding (rats/food stocks/the ship itself/ whatever) during the time it was off screen so it made sense. Same with Aliens with maybe months between outbreak and Ripleys arrival to colony.

In this movie the creatures kinda magically gain mass in the minutes it takes them to reach adulthood. Didn't make any sense at all.

Also, why always the asian chicks dying early? And why shave her head? Le sigh.

****** cousin was annoying as heck, terrible character who belonged in a knock off Friday the 13th slasher movie.

Android Rook was ok. I could tell it was CGI but it wasn't actually that bad. The weird movement of the face was likely due to having an actual practical puppet do the motions then enhanced with CG which gave it that weird puppet like movement. Kinda fits though as it is a broken android, kinda works well having him be uncanny valley.

Slender morph was actually really well done despite him taking 5 mins to go from baby to adult without any food source. Knowing it was just a dude in a suit made it extra cool. Very effective.

The ties to Prometheus were more direct than I expected due to mention of Peter Weyland going in search of prometheus' fire. Also the holographic ampule image just to emphasise the connection even though I am not sure how they would know about the ampules.... but to be fair, those elements are barely any of the screentime so people can still ignore the connection if they hate prometheus.

Overall it was not offensively bad in any way but also not amazing either. First half definitely better than the second, especially the opening that felt as though it could have been an 80's movie. 6.5/10. Decent entry.

Also, why always the asian chicks dying early? And why shave her head? Le sigh.
Isn't the theme of most Aliens flicks, how most everyone dies, except one or two, (who are the leads)
And we talking about the same film where the clueless Latina is knocked up by a guy she describes as some random "jerk", everything that implies, then gives birth too, and is killed by her own freakish alien mutant baby, while it's trying to nurse on her. 🤮
93i5o8.gif
:yuck
Yet complaining about how the asian character was mistreated? :lol

Last edited:
Isn't the theme of most Aliens flicks, how most everyone dies, except one or two.
And we talking about the same film where the clueless Latina is knocked up by a guy she describes as some random "jerk", everything that implies, then gives birth too, and is killed by her own freakish alien mutant baby, while it's trying to nurse on her. 🤮
93i5o8.gif
:yuck
Yet complaining about how the asian character was mistreated? :lol
Complaining about the trope. Asian chicks seem to be among first to die in such movies. Don't mind characters dying but would be nice to have the order of deaths be less predictable

Back